Next Thread
Print Thread
#649785 20/09/18 12:48 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I'm serious.

Here comes the rant.

I swear to god... this fight is painful enough WITHOUT YOU HAVING TO BABYSIT THE GWYDIAN RINCE THE WHOLE BLOODY TIME.

Apparently in my first playthrough in classic edition I had a party setup much better suited for this particular fight, so I didn't end up tearing my hair out.

Having to babysit him is one thing, but what makes it WAY worse is the fact that how unbelievably dumb his AI is. Pretty much every single character in the game goes out of their way to avoid harmful surfaces, but not the Gwydian Rince. After I wasted a lot of resources just to keep him alive through several enemy turns, and moved him to a safe spot, he proceeded to head straight back into the fire, then kept walking until he turned into charcoal, without actually doing anything else.

It's true that it's almost impossible to avoid walking on fire for a while in this fight, but then you could have at least given him some basic survival tools, like basic healing spells or lifestealing. But no he has shock spells and A DAGGER. All he ever does is walking on fire, throwing knives without even getting a backstab, walking on fire, jumping right back into the fire after you teleport him out,... Seriously, who came up with the skillset for this character? I would like to ask you, WHY? Just... why?

If only Gwydian had a more decent skillset and AI, this whole fight wouldn't be all THAT bad. My current party setup is alright, and I can win the fight just fine. It's just that having to keep Gwydian alive as well while putting up with his questionable skillset and AI... is just agonizing. Or am I missing something major here?

Last edited by Try2Handing; 20/09/18 01:00 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
I've done that fight last night. I agree with everything you just said, but also this fight was the one where Sir Lora died too. Like, I can't babysit TWO retarded NPCs at the same time, sorry.

By the way, Gwydian also killed one of my own party with a spell, I don't recall which one. Thanks man, you're awesome!

Idiot.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
it's the guy near blackpits? if yes usually casting Frost armor once a few time is enough (on tactic). and since he is green you can teleport him far far away from combat on a round 1....he will not be mad at you cuz you've damaged him...
and even if he'll stay on top near gallows he usually never moves(in my games) if there are targets in melee range.

ps: also you can cast resist death spell on him (living on the edge or smth like that.... if you don't have necro2...you can craft a scroll. there are enough mats in driftwood) (at least that was a tactics I've used on Paladin Cork and Saheila when I needed them to survive)

Last edited by SlynxJewel; 03/10/18 11:16 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard