Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Hi there so I have been recently playing an ice themed mage and often at the end of fights there is a lot of ice left over on the ground for a few turns. I always use nails with my boots to give myself immunity to slipping but when not in combat my character always tries to path around the ice instead of just walking over it. It can get really frustrating since often I get stuck waiting for the ice to melt just to walk somewhere.

So I think it should be made so that when you have immunity to slipping you walk across ice normally instead of trying to path around it.

p.s. If there is an option to turn off the auto pathing around hazards I would use that as well but I haven't seen it in the settings so if it is there and I'm just not aware please feel free to let me know.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
usually you can first click on ice and then the character will select the shortest way. at least that's what I usually see with fire\acid.

also if there will be unsafe pathing through ice even if you have immunity....you may end up accidentally stepping into the cursed ice. which can lead to permafrost, no?

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Yea I've tried to work around it by just clicking on close ice first but I find if I don't click in super short increments my character just kinda does a little derp dance trying to walk off the ice. I just wish normal ice wouldn't have this interaction when you have slipping immunity since that is the only negative aspect of it and with slipping immunity it isn't harmful.

Cursed ice I view a little differently, since the chill and freeze goes through magic armor you would want to path around it but the game does that automatically unless you are standing on it already and in that case any walking even to get off can freeze you so it's still a pretty hostile surface. I'm actually not even certain if you can even slip on cursed ice so it may be treated already as a completely separate surface than ice in general. I tend to just use one of the jump spells or terrain transmutation to keep myself safe there.

All in all though I just wish they could make an invisible tag or something that makes it so that when you have slipping immunity then you treat normal ice as an ordinary walking path since it effectively is just that. Or alternatively allow us to turn off the auto-pathing because when you have significant magic armor outside of combat most surfaces aren't really a threat, so the shortest path through them would still be nicer than the intricate dance of the derp that my character does trying to choose between my manual input and it's ingrained auto-path instinct.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
It's funny that even with the entire party having immunity to slipping boots the characters following the main character will not walk on ice. And if there's ice blocking the path and you cross it the other characters will NOT cross it, they either take another route, if there is one, or they stop and do not follow, if there's no other route.

Last edited by Skeptical_Bunny; 15/10/18 05:43 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard