stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hello your forums are compromised.

http://larian.com/forums/images/icons/default/exclamation.gif

This file in particular.

****************** Sophos Anti-Virus Log - 10/17/2018 8:37:30 PM **************

20181017 203349 Blocked web request to "larian.com/forums/images/icons/default/exclamation.gif" (linked from "larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php") for user 'Mal/HTMLGen-A' has been found at this website, reference ID 98185450.
20181017 203520 Blocked web request to "larian.com/forums/images/icons/default/exclamation.gif" for user . 'Mal/HTMLGen-A' has been found at this website, reference ID 98185450.
20181017 203625 Blocked web request to "larian.com/forums/images/icons/default/exclamation.gif" (linked from "larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php") for user 'Mal/HTMLGen-A' has been found at this website, reference ID 98185450.
(11 items)

stranger
stranger
I got a popup today taking me to one of those "You've won a free gift card!" pages.

Not sure if it's this site as you mention, or another site that might have a bad embedded advert.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I had the same issue a few minutes ago, when middle-clicking anywhere on the side:

[Linked Image]

Seems it's all cleared up now though?

stranger
stranger
Larian, pay your forum admin so they can update UBB software to remove the XSS vulnerabilities, plz.

AND MAYBE BUY A DAMNED HTTPS CERTIFICATE. It's 2018, no one should be running an insecure website, least of all a major software company.

Last edited by DuchessOfKvetch; 18/10/18 10:26 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
There's also a potential problem with a dubious-looking script; last I heard it was being looked into but I'm afraid not having admin privileges I can't do anything about it myself. frown I would recommend everybody uses NoScript if they don't already though.

J'aime le fromage.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Hello, I just opened the forum and got that popup, so I don't think it's been fixed.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DuchessOfKvetch
I got a popup today taking me to one of those "You've won a free gift card!" pages.

Not sure if it's this site as you mention, or another site that might have a bad embedded advert.

Yep, I got something like that when clicking on a "go to last post button". It started doing a redirect to some site so I closed it immediately. The malicious address is gs.artltoken

Logging out of the forum until this is fixed.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Looks like the web site or forum had problem. I was redirected to another website for about three times after clicking the links in this forum.

Support
Support

EDIT: This is in the process of being fixed...

Last edited by Raze; 21/10/18 08:36 PM.
Support
Support

This should be fixed now. Please report any further issues.

old hand
old hand
Removed the bad guys. Updated larian.com site engine and plugins. Upgraded forum software to 7.6.2 as well. Sorry for taking so long.

Tweeting @forktong

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard