Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
DoS2 Definite Edition is completely broken on PC. Any time I touch the Windows key to pop out of the game the video locks up. When I use keybinds, audible cues suggest the game is still running but the video is frozen. This happens on both old saves and on new campaigns. Any advice on how to work around the issue? Thus far the only thing that works is restarting the game. This is annoying at best.

FYI : Classic Edition has no issues with old or new saves.

Last edited by vometia; 06/11/18 07:14 AM. Reason: Post separated into its own topic
stranger
stranger
I'm having the same issue, but when i kill the game and try to upload the error report it fails.

V
stranger
stranger
V
This bug started right after the first patch after the release of DE. The next day there was a hotfix. (potentially for this bug maybe?) This problem went away. However, it started happening again yesterday. Not sure if there was a patch release recently that re-triggered it or what? Sure is really obnoxious though. I alt-tab a lot.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I'm also getting the same issue with the error upload. this has been how it is the whole time though. I's about 1:4 that go through.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Same here. I had a bug with gamma, which was recently fixed, and now, I have this.
I Alt-Tab very often, there is no way for me to play in those conditions, once more frown

stranger
stranger
I disabled that stupid Windows key so I couldn't accidentally press it while playing games.

What graphics cards do you have? If You have Nvidia, maybe try disabling or removing "GeForce Experience". I have no graphics related issues since I stopped allowing that to be installed when updating my drivers. It might be worth trying that with whatever similar program AMD uses.

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
OK. The suggestion that the issue is an interaction with GeForce is likely correct. Today I updated my drivers (Nvidia card) and now the video in Definitive Edition doesn't work at all. The only video I get is the intro to the game and the main menu. When I try to load a game I can hear audible cues indicating the game is active, but the screen only shows the main menu.
Please update the Definitively "broken" Edition to work with current Nvidia drivers.

Classic Edition has no issues. This may suggest that something within the console software may not be working with the new drivers. As I am not a programmer of the game, this is the best suggestion I can give as to where to start.

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
OK. I more thing I forgot to mention. The bug is with Display Mode = "Fullscreen" setting only. Running with Display Mode = "Windowed" doesn't have a problem. Because of this, the bug may not show itself if you are running "Fullscreen" with 2+ monitors. Unfortunately, I only have one monitor and could not debug this for you.

W
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
OK . . . . Don't ask me why, but I decided to try something. The default start up starts GOG Galaxy (company I bought the game from) before starting the game. So, I went into the program and found a short cut to launch the game directly with out going through GOG Galaxy. The game works fine like this. This inspired me to try something else. I loaded the game using the default shortcut which starts GOG Galaxy. However, before starting the game, I killed GOG Galaxy. The game runs fine. Each step is repeatable on my end with the exact same results.
So, the bug is with DoS2 Definitive Edition, running fullscreen mode, with a single monitor, with GOG Galaxy running and has indications of having to do with GeForce drivers.
Good luck!! In my experience with programming if you can find the people responsible for the code in separate companies, they could likely figure in out in under 30 minutes. However, I have some experience with the industry and understand the likelihood of that happening is close to that of winning the lottery. Again, good luck!!!

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by WINoodles
the bug may not show itself if you are running "Fullscreen" with 2+ monitors.

I am running fullscreen with 2 monitors (game only on one) and I get this bug regardless if both are enabled.

J
stranger
stranger
J
This is a fairly common problem for those who use a pirated version of windows. The game hangs and in order to continue the game you need to re-enter. This of course causes inconvenience. To solve the problem, I recommend buying a licensed version of windows. Buying directly from Microsoft is expensive, so I advise you to buy windows 10 enterprise key. A licensed operating system will work more stable and faster, and you will be able to press the Windows key and the game will not hang up.

Last edited by jesicacraddock; 11/01/23 01:32 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard