Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jimnms Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I backed this on KS, but I'm finally, just now finishing it. I had two abandoned coop games because my coop partner and I couldn't coordinate our play time and once when my partner just decided she didn't want to play anymore. I just never felt like continuing on my own.

Finally, things came together and I was able to get a friend to play. Sometimes we had conflicting schedules and had to take long breaks, so our memory of some past events may be a bit fuzzy. We finally reached the end last night, but were both a bit confused by some of the events.

After the weird dream sequence, when we make it out and find Zandalor and Icara asleep, Zandalor wakes up and talks to us. He cautions us about forging the two sisters because he doesn't think Icara can control Leandra. We assumed that after the battle with Leandra that we would have to make the decision to forge the sisters or kill Leandra, but after the fight was over it just forged them and never gave us the chance to make a decision.

We continued on, and then after dealing with the death knights before reaching the void dragon, the soul-forged sisters stop following us once we reach the bottom of the stairs where the vendor guy is. We thought it might have been a bug, because when we stopped and traded with the vendor, while I was trading with him, my friend wandered off too far and triggered an autosave. We loaded a save after killing the death knights and walked past the vendor, but she stops in the same place.

We continue on without her and fight the void dragon. After the battle with the void dragon, Icara appears and begins talking to Zandalor and it sounded as if she was saying Zandalor killed Leandra. We were both confused as to what that was about. Is that encounter bugged or is it supposed to be like this?

After that, a cut scene rolls and we assumed it was over, but then found ourselves in a new location. It was late and we both had to go to bed. We saved there and quit, so we haven't actually finished yet.

Support
Support

Did you have dual dialogues disabled in the options? If not, there should have been a dialog when Leandra's health hit zero about whether or not to do the soul forge (assuming you have the ritual, which presumably you did).

That was a bug; the sisters should have continued following into the final fight.
I would guess Icara showed up because the sisters were not involved in the fight. Normally, Leandra will take control and turn on the party, and you will either have to kill them or keep them CCed for a few turns until Icara can regain control.

jimnms Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Yes, dual dialogs are on. That's why we're confused as to why we didn't get a dialog to chose what to do. There was one right after talking to Zandalor, but it seemed more like each of us voicing our opinion. I picked the option that was something about not being able to forget how many people Leandra killed, and my friend agreed. My friend had the soul forge ritual with him, but when we defeated Leandra, the dialog options were only "click to continue" and it forged them without giving us a choice.

We loaded a save farther back and this time we didn't speak to the vendor. Instead, we went past him until it triggered the auto save, then made a manual save and went back to trade with him. The sister's followed us to the battle this time, but Leandra never took control during the void dragon battle. After the battle was over, the sister's "poofed" and turned into Icara with the same dialog as before about killing Leandra.

Support
Support

There should be a dialog when Leandra gets to 0 HP, where she says 'you can't stop me. it's too late, the void is here', then Icara breaks in and says 'this is the moment, use the spell'; Zandalor objects, Icara replies, then the main characters have the option to comply with Icara's wishes or not. There is a then a cutscene, a dialog with the sisters, and a choice about whether to bring them with you.

There aren't any choices in the initial dialog with Zandalor when you first wake up from the horror sleep.

jimnms Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
All of that happened except giving us the choice to forge the sisters. During the dialog, the only option was "Click to continue." After the dialog, the cut-scene played showing the sisters being forged, then we did get the choice to bring them with us, which we obviously chose to bring her.

stranger
stranger
I had what I believe the same problem. In the last location forged sisters just stopped following me. I've solved it by teleporting them somewhere near. After that they've "unglitched" and joined me in the final fight. Hope this helps.

Last edited by flashmozzg; 06/01/19 02:09 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard