Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey guys,
I have the usual story... started playing with 3 other mates, got to Act 3 and then 2 dropped out.
Me and the other friend want to keep going without their player made characters.
Looked online and apparently no one can remove player made characters from their game/party permanently.
I had a look through the save file and found/deleted all references to the characters we want gone, but any changes I make either do nothing or make the game bugsplat when I load the edited save file.

TLDR...
Does any know or can work out how to edit the save file to successfully remove player made characters from the game permanent.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
bump... is this even possible?

N
addict
addict
N
There are so many references to the player entity itself throughout the savegame that I'd consider this hard to do. You'd have to remove every reference to the deleted characters handle to completely delete them (eg. remove them from EntityWorld, OsirisVariableHelper, InventoryManager, CombatComponents, CharacterFactory, ...).
In addition you'd have to patch story databases to make sure that the character is gone, otherwise you'll get weird game bugs (there is currently no tool to do this).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Oh dear lord.. that sounds like way too much effort and too involved to be worthwhile.
I appreciate the reply Norbyte, and thanks for the tool. It was insightful to use and see the different variables that were editable.
I guess we're starting again!

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard