Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
stranger
stranger
Hello! I just purchased this game today from Steam. It opened to the main menu and worked for about 5 minutes. When my friend invited me to join multi-player, it suddenly crashed and will not launch again. I tried shutting down steam and reopening it, to no avail. I tried entering the mac beta, and it won't launch with that either.

My specs are: macOS Mojave
Version 10.14.3
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Originally Posted by MoFlame
Hello! I just purchased this game today from Steam. It opened to the main menu and worked for about 5 minutes. When my friend invited me to join multi-player, it suddenly crashed and will not launch again. I tried shutting down steam and reopening it, to no avail. I tried entering the mac beta, and it won't launch with that either.

Your case is very strange. Please contact support and they will track your issue and work with us if needed to resolve/understand your case.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by MoFlame
I tried entering the mac beta, and it won't launch with that either.

If you switch back to the main branch, does yesterday's update make any difference?

If you still have this problem, try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).

Next, try browsing to the '~/Documents/Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games (though in 5 minutes you may not have tried starting a new game before the invite), configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different macOS user account would effectively do the same thing. With cloud support enabled, Steam would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, extract the replacement folder from the download below into your '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder, and see if that will let you start the game again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5f7ckbkm1g1iqv7/DOS2DE_Doc_36326602.zip?dl=1

The graphicSettings.lsx file is set to 1280x720 Windowed mode, Very Low quality preset and low audio quality, which you can change in the options (manually, or hit autodetect) if this gets the game to start.
If that helps, create a new profile and try joining your friend again, or hosting a game.
If the game still crashes, delete the replacement Documents D:OS 2 DE folder and optionally (since you don't have any saves to worry about) rename the original back again.

stranger
stranger
I bought the DOS2 for OSX in GOG and I have a very strange issue.

The game runs fine, but whenever I load a saved game, the character situation is the same, but the map is reset, any door or object that I interacted with is back to default, dead characters are back to life, and what is worse all the characters become non interactive.

When I first installed it I got a warning that DOS2 was not compatible with System Sensitive OS, so I thought that may be the reason, but I created a new partition with ASF non case sensitive and still have the same bug...

Specs:
Mojave 10.14.3
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
2,9 GHz Intel Core i9
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 20 4080 MB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and any backup programs that may be monitoring the Documents folder?

Try browsing to the '~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/LevelCache' folder and delete the contents. A corrupt file there can cause problems when saving or loading.

Try verifying local files: in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

Try creating a new profile, start a new game, go part way through the tutorial section and save/load to see if this still happens.

If this happens in a new profile, try creating a new OSX administrator user account (either with the Documents folder in the default location, or on a different drive, if available), switch to that account and try starting the game from there.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
In Finder you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting Compress.

stranger
stranger
I'm a newbie to the forum. I have a MacBook Air 6.2 and have installed DOS Enhanced Edition on Steam. Will I be able to load DOS 2 ?

Support
Support

It may run, but MacBook Air models are only officially supported since mid 2017. Intel HD 5000 graphics are the minimum requirement, so you are ok on that front (though integrated graphics do better with more RAM).

A game updated added support for 2013 CPUs to the Steam and GOG releases (we are working with Apple to add that for the App Store version), but officially only iMacs (with AMD GPUs) and Mac Pro models since late 2013 are supported.
If you have one of the early 2014 models, you have a better chance of the CPU being ok than mid 2013. All of the specs for the 4 MacBook Air 6.2 models list 4GB of RAM, while the minimum is 8GB (that would at least impact performance, if not whether the game can run at all, trying to share between the system and GPU).

stranger
stranger
I'm experiencing a crash during the Trompdoy battle. I've updated my Mac to the latest macOS Mojave Beta 10.14.5. I've tried reloading to an earlier point and tried different things to engage or escape battle and it still freezes during the Trompdoy battle. Anyone facing these issues as well?

Support
Support

Yes, a video freeze there is a known issue in 10.14.4 and .5, though rarer than the crashing before the fix in 10.14.4. This should be fixed in the next game update, but there is no estimate yet for when that will be.

Another person who reported this was playing co-op; the game would still respond to input, so he could pass his turn, just not update the video. There was no problem on the other Mac, so they swapped who was hosting.
You may be able to quicksave and restart the game (repeatedly) to get through, or if you don't mind missing a little experience, one person reported sneaking through to the end of the area to avoid the combat / crashing.

stranger
stranger
I have a Quad-core MacPro5,1 with an AMD Radeon HD 7950 video card. Are you still working on support for these older systems and are you still interested in volunteers for testing to send email to support@larian.com as directed in the thread's first post?

Caveats are that I only have a slow DSL link and I don't use GOG Galaxy so downloads average about an hour per Gigabyte.

Thanks.

Support
Support

Yes, there are still plans to add fixes for 2010/2012 CPUs in a future update. I don't think there is any need currently for more crash reports on these CPUs, and the beta branch (on Steam and GOG) has not been updated since the 2013 AVX2 fixes were moved to the public release. If needed it will be updated at some point and another call for beta testers posted.

For GOG the beta is only available through Galaxy, since GOG only makes the full installers for the main branch releases.

stranger
stranger
Hello,

I would really like to enjoy this game with some friends but my mac is also a mid-2012:

Macbook pro (Mid-2012)
Processor 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 Gb 1600MHz DDR3
Graphic Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I have not tried anything yet, but reading at this discussion I have two questions:

1 - Is the beta version actually available for anyone purchasing the game or is it only for approved beta testers?
2 - does the windows version also require AVX2 CPU instructions?
In the case it does not, a bootcamp may be the solution of the problem ( I really hate windows but surrender is not an option :) )
I know this sounds like a little bit stupid solution and someone would have already figured it out but I'm really excited to try this game!

By the way, do you have any idea if the fixes will be out in the short (weeks-few months) or long (many months) term?
Just to know if it is worth to struggle with the beta or it is better to wait :)

Cheers

Last edited by Sarkhan; 17/04/19 07:31 AM.

S
Support
Support

The beta version has not been updated since the 2013 fixes were moved to the public release, so it wouldn't help with 2010/2012 systems. It was a public beta, available on Steam and GOG (using Galaxy).

The Windows version does not have this AVX2 issue. It also does not officially support integrated graphics, so there may be texture issues. Of course with the GPU being under the performance of the minimum requirement, a low resolution and graphics settings would likely be needed for acceptable performance.

Hopefully the additional AVX2 fixes will be ready in time for the next game update. That is still in the 'being prepared' stage, but within your definition of short term.

stranger
stranger
Ok, so I totally have to check out the Bootcamp solution while waiting for the next update ( or for a new machine, whichever comes first smile )!
I'll let you know if I manage to run it by editing this reply, thank you very much for the fast answer!

Cheers

S
stranger
stranger
Hello,

I was hoping for some insight with some graphical issues I've been having. After downloading macos 10.14.5 beta 4 the red hue issue that many were having and all other graphical bugs disappeared for me. Unfortunately, as soon as I downloaded the latest beta, I've encountered a number of graphical bugs making it very difficult to play. Whenever casting certain spells, mostly hydro or geomancer, particles flicker all over my screen. For example, on casting fortify, I large flickering sphere encompasses the character its used on, taking up half the screen in the process. I have tried adjusting every video setting in game with no change. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

macOS Mojave
Version 10.14.5 beta 5
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Support
Support

What OSX version were you on before? The red tint should be fixed with 10.14.4. There are some existing Iris issues to be fixed with the 10.14.5 update, but I'll have to check if the beta introduced any new ones.

stranger
stranger
Hey there thanks for the reply! When I was on Mojave 10.14.4 as far as I could tell there were no visual bugs throughout the game. It was only when I updated to 10.14.5 that I started having the odd spellcasting bugs I mentioned before.

Support
Support

This is a known issue. Can you confirm which version you have, though? I believe 10.14.5 is only up to the second beta.

stranger
stranger
I see what you mean now, sorry about that. Im running 10.14.5 beta 2 (build # 18F108f).

stranger
stranger
I have been going through DOS2 on a
MacBook Pro mid 2015
MacOS 10.14.4
2.8GHz Inter Core i7

Everything was going fine until I got through a fight and started talking to characters afterwards. After one of the choices was used in the conversation popup, all other choices froze. When I hit escape, the menu came down but I could not reload or quit the game. If I tried to quit using the window button (windowed mode), I would get the menu asking if I wanted to quit but it would not respond. The only way to close the game was to do a force quit.

Apparently it is not the save file that was corrupted, because I have tried going to earlier saved files and get the same problem. At the first conversation popup you are allowed to make one choice, and then everything freezes.

Any Ideas?

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard