Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
This game has so many items.

1: Please add reagent specific item bags to vendors.

Such as a potion bag, herb bag, etc. When an item of said type is put into the inventory of someone with these bags it automatically get deposited into said bag.

2: Let autosort organize bag contents as well.

3: More clearly label what is junk to sell, and if something is a reagent. I understand you want people to experiment, and that is fine, but letting us know what we don't need to keep would be immensely appreciated.

I barely used crafting in DOS1, and I'm barely using it in DOS2 either because it's so cluttered.

4: Per character option to allow magic pockets apply to stuff like rune installation and extracting, etc.

5: Let us open more than one bag at a time. I can't open the Lady Vengeance storage and a back at the same time. So if I have a stack of items I want to store I have to first drag them out of the bag into the main inventory and then into ship storage.

6: Similar to above, add option to store an entire stack on the Lady Vengeance. As is, you have to do it per item one by one if it's a stack.

Last edited by BoogieMan; 28/09/17 03:32 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
This guy is totally right! We need crafting to be more... organized? Im playing since beta and i still cant tell what is junk, and what is not. And most recipes i try doesnt give me anything, some obvious stuff im sure will have a result, they dont.. So i end up being overloaded since most stuff wont combine with anything =(

S
stranger
stranger
S
Sorry for adding to such an old thread (wee! level 5 Necromancer) but I have some additional inventory/crafting suggestions:

7: Make autosort follow the sorting criteria you set in the "Sort by" panel just next to it (currently I think it always autosorts by type).

8: Make autosort a checkbox instead of a button, so it autosorts when enabled or when opening the backpack/inventory panels.

9: Add "Value per Weight" as a criteria to the "Sort by" panel, sorting expensive light items before worthless heavy items.

10: Make the backpack/inventory "Sort by" panel a quick dropdown like the one in merchant Trade panel (it saves a mouse click).

11: Add a "Stolen" filter to the inventory/backpack/trade/similar panels, so you can easily find and drop or sell stolen items.

I will add more suggestions as they come up; perhaps mods already implement some of them; if so please reply with their names.

Last edited by Sjakal; 10/02/19 03:14 PM. Reason: added suggestion 10+11
stranger
stranger
Liking a lot of these suggestions. I've hoarded so many items in the hopes of crafting them into useful things but... it's so cluttered at the moment and more organisation and structure would be appreciated.

journeyman
journeyman
I feel like there must also be some more insentive to use recipies because I barely use some of them while playing the game and the fact that a large number of resources are hard to find, along with some other limitations to crafting, really makes the system feel like a cluttered list of items.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
And there are also items with the same name, that are the same item that doesn't stack, items like, nails, ropes, rubies, and more.

The rope that the elf on the beach in Fort Joy give Lohse when she tell him her story stack with rope that Nebora sell, but they do not stack with ropes you find on the ship, or in random loot.

As for the suggestion..
Instead of having reagent specific bags you can also change how the tabs in the inventory works. With this I mean that things that are crafting material is ONLY shown in the tab for that, keys are only shown in the tab for that, one for consumables, one for grenades and arrows, one for scrolls and skill books, one for weapon and armor, and so on. Have one general tab where the gold, bags, and all the useless stuff that we can just sell, automatically get stored in. This would certainly make things easier to find and it will also make for a much cleaner inventory.

As for the bags, give us a rename option on them, please.

And as for showing us what can and what cannot be used to craft with. Give all items that can be used for crafting an icon in the tool-tip window for it, a light bulb, just to make an example.

Last edited by Skeptical_Bunny; 21/02/19 02:20 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Hey, I'd be happy to sort that out myself if I could open the bags and pouches when in the vendor screen instead of needing to open the bag before hand (which is a god-awful interface of its own), scroll through sh*t to find the one or two things I want to sell, then go to the vendor. The loot bags should help the inventory screen, not add to the confusion.

Joe

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I think having everything sorted into their own categories in tabs and not show up in other tabs at all be the better option here. The system is partly in place, we just need to have it so that the items in the categories doesn't show up in other tabs. And let us have full access to all the tabs in stores so we can sell stuff from them.

Some items need to show up in more than one category tab tho, like items that can be used in crafting, like weapons, potions, food.

There should be one tab for weapon and armor, amulets and rings, one for craftables, one for keys, one for consumables, a general one where unidentified items go and other items that doesn't have a specific category code, like spoons and forks and plates and such, one for quest related items.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard