Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've already played 14 hours and the game has been running smoothly so far. No lags or glitches. But the moment I start the second fight with Tromdoy the screen freezes. The sound is playing and I can hear the game sounds and NPC's fighting and all but the screen remains frozen. So I thought I'd ignore this quest and restarted the game. Moved onto the next fight with some magisters at Hollow Cavern and the same thing started happening. It doesn't make sense cause the game was running perfectly before that Trompdoy fight, but now all of a sudden it starts freezing in every fight.

My specs are:

MacOS Mojave (10.14.5)
2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

I read on other threads that this issue was fixed with the 10.14.4 update but its still happening for me.Tried using windowed mode but that just crashes my whole laptop and I have to end up rebooting. Tried on very low graphics and fake window mode but still happens. I've verified game file integrity on steam as well and there were no problems with that. Please let me know what I can do. I'd hate it if I can't continue with my game.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by zrajbhan; 01/07/19 03:31 PM.
stranger
stranger
I have the same issue. It's more than just this fight -- it's any fight. It's happened on two separate games, hosted by two separate people (myself being one). Both were in very different parts of the game.

The game continues but my screen just freezes. I can't do anything. I can actually "target" if I find the right spot not he screen but it visual just freezes on one frame.

I've tried low graphics, windowed, re-installing, etc.

Same Specs.

Help! I have a weekly game that I'm ruining for restarting every 3 minutes.

Last edited by figgio; 02/07/19 02:19 AM.
Support
Support

A video freeze in that cave is a known issue in 10.14.4 and .5, though rarer than the crashing before the related fix in 10.14.4. This should be fixed in the next game update, but there is no estimate yet for when that will be. AFAIK it is restricted to that area, though; I'll double check that.

EDIT: Yes, this should be fixed in the next update.

stranger
stranger
Ah, thank you for the update.

Just curious, when is next update?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I somehow got through the fight with trompdoy by quick saving. took me 30 minutes to do it but the game worked after that, that is until I reached driftwood and then it started lagging quite a bit. Any solutions to this???

Support
Support

figgio;
There is no ETA yet for the update. Some additional things are being added, so testing was suspended until that is complete.

zrajbhan;
So performance is still fine if you reload a Fort Joy save, or create a new profile and start a new game?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus, graphics utilities, etc?

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, or switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that makes a difference.
Try enabling, lowering or disabling the Vsync and frame rate cap options.
You could also try lowering the sound quality in-game, to see if that makes a difference.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

stranger
stranger
Any update to when this is being fixed? this is *really* frustrating to play with friends when we get to this part of the game.

I've tried everything to mitigate this. Low res, lowest graphics, windowed, fake full, reinstall, reboot, and more.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, there is no ETA yet. Currently the console version patches are being prepared to start the submission process (that is much more involved than updates on PC).

You could temporarily swap who is hosting, if at least one of your friends is playing in Windows, or on a Mac where this is not an issue.
Each save is a folder in the '~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
For the App Store version, the path is: /Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story

stranger
stranger
Thank you for the quick reply @raze.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm having the exact same issue on 10.4.6. I'm the one hosting the game and everything has been fine til this fight in the cave, but the crashes are happening so quickly now I can't do much at all. Aside from updating my OS right now, are there any other fixes available?

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard