Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have a problem where some seemingly random npcs are hostile towards me such as Han, and St Zilla (although Han never could attack me) this was odd but relatively harmless, the real problem stems from important npcs instantly being hostile to me like Alexandar, and the Eternal Arbiter. When on the ship to Driftwood I found that the only way to obtain the strange gem from Alexandar was to kill him ( confusing but not game breaking) then again on the nameless Isles, instead of giving me the option to ally With him he instantly attacked me ( difficult but yet again not game breaking) the final straw was when I had finally gotten to The Academy only to find that The Eternal Arbiter was hostile and prevented me from progressing. Now I’m stuck and have to deal with the fact that I may have to start over and throw away my 12 day character save. Any help on this matter?

Support
Support

This is a known issue, which is being investigated. There will at least be a fix for the Eternal Arbiter being hostile in the next game update; there is no ETA for that yet, though.

A handful of people have reported this issue, and some supplied saves, but unfortunately none had saves before arriving at the Nameless Isle, or before this problem started, and QA has been unable to reproduce this alignment issue (it wasn't evident from the saves what triggered the alignment change).
A couple of people have had Han turn hostile (being a child, he can not join combat), as well as Sergeant Zrilla (at least in one case quickly killed by Jahan), etc.

If you still have saves before this first started and are playing on PC, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or email/post a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), as well as the most recent save where Han (etc) is friendly and the oldest where he is not. If you are using any mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder' (and similarly in OSX/Finder).

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but they would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save(s) and Copy. From there you can zip the files, then copy to email or upload somewhere and provide a link.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard