Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
What do you want to be in BG3 expansions?

stranger
stranger
lets get BG3 out the door first smile

old hand
old hand
Discussing things in an expansion means I'm assuming these things will not be in the main game. Assuming something is not in the main game when we know absolutely nothing about the main game? Is this a trick question?

I can come up with some ideas that will always work no matter what:
- New companions
- New skills/spells, items, creature varieties
- New and interesting locales - the Nine Hells, the Abyss, the Celestial Planes, faraway cities, etc.
- Extension of relationships developed in the main game
- Punishingly hard encounters. Deity-level enemies. Like Demogorgon and Melissan
- Open ending that will be continued in BG4

Last edited by Try2Handing; 26/08/19 02:58 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
S
veteran
veteran
S
strange question.
Larian has to my knowledge never released expansions, and the "DLC" has been extremely minimal (like ser lora)
Then again, WOTC is a big company and expansions have been one of the core strategy of older DnD games.

Hard to say.
I guess i mostly want more. New character options would certainly be nice since i tend to replay these types of games, but my taste in characters has a tendency to be narrow, so the more options we got, the higher the chance i can vary up my characters without it annoying me

Support
Support

There was the Flames of Vengeance add-on for Divinity 2 Ego Draconis, which was also bundled together with a remastered D2:ED into the Dragon Knight Saga release.

enthusiast
enthusiast
This is sad, we are in a Larian Forum and people don't even know all Larian games. Flames of Vengeance were great it felt very focused and had the best quests in the Divinity 2.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It would depend on how high a level we can reach in the main game as to whether there would be an expansion.

If however, there is a second installment (expansion).

New classes
New races
New monsters
New graphic settings
New items

I am for the GM mode and Editor. As Swen says he has "Access to the Toy Box". I also want to play with the Toy Box.

If this story is done maybe they will get the Ebbreon license or perhaps the Spelljammer license.

At any rate I hope this is a success and continues into the future. up

veteran
veteran
For me of course I would want an expansion to provide a RTwP mode so that I can finally play the game.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Obsessed

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by kanisatha
For me of course I would want an expansion to provide a RTwP mode so that I can finally play the game.

Originally Posted by Sordak
Obsessed

Maybe if I pinned that topic it might corral some of the commentary, otherwise I may have to start doing it myself...

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard