Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#655410 10/09/19 11:42 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Am I the only one who prefer Waterdeep over Baldur's Gate and wishes this game was set in Waterdeep instead of Baldar's Gate?

veteran
veteran
I am a Greyhawk guy but a visit to Waterdeep would be interesting for a little change in the landscape.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Waterdeep

Last edited by _Vic_; 11/09/19 12:36 AM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Waterdeep has way more attractions and interesting things going on for the most part then BG. I mean 5e had to add a bunch of new districts outside BG's walla to make it more interesting.

Walking statues, mermaids in the habour, over three times the temples, robotic barkeeps, a mythal, archwizards, magic school, Mirt the Moneylender, and so much more.

Plus Undermountain.

stranger
stranger
Waterdeep as the next BG4, why not.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Vecna
Waterdeep as the next BG4, why not.

Or even an expansion to BG3. In fact it's possible we will visit both cities in BG3.

apprentice
apprentice
There's a lot going on in Waterdeep, so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if WOTC told Larian: "Stay away from Waterdeep, that's our playground."

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK
veteran
veteran
Waterdeep would be a fun city to explore, but as @BillyYank said it has a lot going on in it such that a video game representation of it might end up being poor or shallow. So WotC may not want that.

I would love a game in Cormyr + the Dalelands + what remains of Sembia.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think the main reason Bioware chose Baldurs Gate was because it wasn't as important in the books so they had more creative freedom.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by BillyYank
There's a lot going on in Waterdeep, so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if WOTC told Larian: "Stay away from Waterdeep, that's our playground."

I doubt it, there isn't a novel line anymore A-side from 1 Drizzt novel per year and they've already done Waterdeep in APs, and have moved on.

The only reason they picked it was BG 1 & 2, the nostolgia factor.

S
veteran
veteran
S
if you did waterdeep youd probably end up with a game set entierly in a city, which is cool dont get me wrong, but probably not what youd expect from a DnD adaptation, unless were talking eberron and sharn

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
The only reason they picked it was BG 1 & 2, the nostolgia factor.

I disagree, game players have been asking for BG3 for years, not to mention game companies have been trying to get the rights to make bg3 for years.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Baldurs Gate 2 was a game where you never enter the city of Baldur's Gate so who knows how much we are going to see of the city.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Hawke

Baldurs Gate 2 was a game where you never enter the city of Baldur's Gate so who knows how much we are going to see of the city.

Well so far we know we are going to see at least some of it includingbthe harbour, just from the trailer.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard