Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
It would be great to be able to play the game on consoles (Xbox One, in my case) with mouse and keyboard. This is now officially supported in the console but the game also has to support this for it to work. Some other console games already support this so I was wondering if it would be possible to add support for DOS2.

Support
Support

We did look in to that, but unfortunately, it was not possible to add keyboard support on consoles, IIRC primarily due to technical issues adding the keyboard UI.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the answer, too bad it didn't work out. I still think you guys did the best you could adapting the game to the console controllers. I'm just spoiled because I previously played the game on PC with mouse / keyboard and I really miss how much easier it was with that setup.

Last edited by Lupin500; 13/09/19 12:53 AM.
stranger
stranger
Would you mind expanding on this? If the option for both kb/m and gamepad are available for the PC version and Xbox's architecture is very similar to PC.. What are the technical limitations? I know Xbox has allowed for the full implementation of kb/m, I really wish more developers would add for this functionality, especially if the game is available on both xbox console and pc.

Support
Support

Unfortunately keyboard support on consoles wasn't a feature when D:OS 2 was being developed, so that wasn't a consideration when updates were done from D:OS EE, etc. For D:OS 2 DE, when the Xbox APIs were added we looked into that, but there were several known issues that would have needed some time to be fixed, and then a not insignificant overhaul and optimisations required to make sure the UI performed well on consoles. Several options were considered, but given the timing and other development being done, that wasn't feasible.

stranger
stranger
i understand it must be difficult but i hope you be able to do it maybe on future games on next gen consoles, this kind of games feel really off with controller, i tried to play it in my ps4 and i could not finish the game it was difficult for me to play good with a controller.

?
stranger
stranger
?
If You ever have any plans to implement keyboard and mouse support on consoles, couldn’t you just release a separate version of the game that only allows for the use of a keyboard and mouse rather than having the two interfaces conflict? Just thought I would bring this to attention as Baldurs Gate 3 is releasing in the next few months and it would be great to see mouse and keyboard support added to The Original Sin series and Baldurs Gate 3 on console.

Thanks!

Last edited by 疾風; 14/05/23 08:01 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard