Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

Tried to make the title clear. I went into the Hollow Marshes, reached the Shrine of Amadia and went back into Fort Joy with my source collars off.
I knew the guards would be hostile BUT Ifan was too.

Even when all guards were dead he was still attacking, until we killed him.

Was this a glitch? Or Intentional?

I was able to reload to a save an hour previous, but it sucks I had to kill him.

My game is up to date so no issues there.

Support
Support

Unless you hit Ifan with area effect damage, etc, he shouldn't turn hostile to you, regardless of guards starting combat nearby (he shouldn't react to combat, either joining or or running away like a civilian NPC). I just tested it to double check (in case the collar being removed was the crime the guard reacted to, having Ifan join by systemics), accidentally killed him, resurrected him (developer build), escaped combat and returned, and he was neutral again. An NPC challenged me about a recent murder, called for guards and started combat, which Ifan ignored, and after it was over he suggested we team up when speaking to him.

Did you get any earlier warning for trespassing or vandalism, etc? It is possible earlier crime warnings could have caused Ifan to join combat when the guard spotted you. I tried moving / opening the offerings around the waypoint to trigger combat, and while Lohse did join, Ifan did not (likely due to being farther away).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I never attempted to recreate it, and to my knowledge I was never caught stealing. I am very sure it was triggered by the gate gaurds seeing my in Fort Joy after I "escaped".
Hopefully just a one time glitch if it was unable to be recreated as you said.
Thank you for the response.

stranger
stranger
I've had this same "bug" in multiple different runs:
After getting my collar moved by either Nebora or Leya, and then having guards attack me for not having my collar on, Ifan would join the side of the guards trying to kill me. Even if i had a positive reputation with him before from helping the elf girl.

M
stranger
stranger
M
There is no doubt about it, Ifan turns hostile.. I was sneaking about trying to position my party. I had had Ifan in my party long enough for him to talk to Magister Boris then dismissed him. He went to stand right across from the main entrance. Later my party escaped without him then returned, as soon as one of my party was spotted, he turned hostile and we had to kill him to end the battle. I reloaded a previous save several times and always the same reaction.

This is a real shame as I was hoping to keep switching party members as I progress to go through all the companion's stories in one playthrough. I guess now I will miss Ifan's tale. I'm not willing to go back to before the party first escaped. I suppose I could also just not fight the four by the gate. One had something decent (I wont spoil it) but it was not all that great.

Last edited by Maestro57; 28/03/21 05:52 PM.
stranger
stranger
Ifan turns hostile even with collars on.

I'd walked past him after leaving Fort Joy for the cat and he even joined with me as a green when I fought the magisters at the entrance to Fort Joy; but when I accidently walked past the red icon magisters at the castle gates and moved the fight back towards him he became red and attacked my four characters so I had to kill him.

To be perfectly clear, probably same state of my team both times, totally different reactions from Ifan. I did nothing to anger him. He was out of the red AI sight range when he initially turned red and I honestly thought it was either a minimap mistake or something until he blooded his arrows and started taking pot shots at my guys.

There's definitely something that turns him hostile, but I have no explanation why. I did nothing I could remotely see that would have got him mad. I had not intended to use him this playthrough and had been rather impressed he'd gone green earlier to help with the entrance guards.

I may not have had Fane with me the first 'green' time. Might be something with that.

Last edited by SpectralDisorder; 28/07/22 08:34 PM. Reason: Added probably because unsure if Fane in first example

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard