Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hajduk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey,

Sorry if this is a re-post. I tried searching and the only reference I could find to this issue was the for the hard copy version of the game. Either that, or I wasn't searching for the correct thing.

(Spoilers Below)

Basically, after the council is killed and the game is supposed to go to a cut-scene, the game just crashes. From what I gathered, this is usually associated with the hard copy version because the game requires the disk to play the scene. Obviously, being a Steam download, there is no disk.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Support
Support

Try lowering the game resolution to 640x480, and see if that lets you go through the cutscene.

Edit the config.div file in Notepad, or other text editor, and add the line resolution switch 0 (if you add it at the end, hit Enter; the game expects the last line to be blank, and ignores it.

If you rename the cutscene video the game will skip it, which should load directly into the wastelands.
..\SteamApps\common\divine_divinity\static\scene1.bik

If you need to rename the file, you can check the cutscene in a Youtube let's play, etc, or there is a .bik video player available on the Rad Game Tools website, and some media players also support the bik videos format, like PotPlayer (Korean homepage; English downloads: here or here).

If that doesn't help, please email support@larian.com with your save before the Blessing Ceremony (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).
Each save is a folder in the '..\SteamApps\common\divine_divinity\savegames' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

Hajduk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the reply, I will give that a shot. Unfortunately, I used Steam to verify the integrity of the game files and not the game will not load at all. I figured this issue out before, so I will figure it out again I am sure.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard