Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
stranger
Hopefully there'll at least be assets for kenku in-game as enemies/NPCs and Larian will release a Divinity Engine 2-esque toolset for modding BG3. I'll go ahead and make a companion myself if that's the case :')

Last edited by KenkuWizard; 07/11/19 04:34 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sordak
Kenku got featured in the fluff a bit more recently, but form this discussion id say, people, contain your hype. youll get disappointed.

PHB already has tons of race options (tho most of them boring, admittedly) that all need graphics support. i dont see Volos guide characters anytime soon.
Same goes for anything unearthed arcana related.
If you dont want to get burned, probablyl think about it from a framework of PHB only.
And even then, i wouldnt be holding my breath for dragonborn either...

Why would they leave out Dragonborn they are a PHB race and one of the more popular ones? PHB is a safe bet, in my opinion, everything beyond that is very unlikely

S
veteran
veteran
S
Larian has set a good standard with OS2 where all races are very different.
but if you go with all PHB races, you end up with a lot of races.
So far Dragonborn have only been featured in Neverwinter and DDO.
in DDo they were added in retroactiveley relativeley recently, in Neverwinter they also werent in at release despite beeing a 4E game where they are a core race, they only got added with a hefty paywall.

Point is, dragonborn are a lot of work, specifically because of the heads.Far more work than making another recolour of elves.
If you look at NWN2 and the races that were added to that over the course of its expansions, youll notice a lot of recolured humans.
Its kind of the fate of DnD based CRPGs.
Obsidians games had their own world, but decided to go with recoloured humans.
I guess its a CRPG tradition for one reason or another.

Still thinking larian can pull it off, question is wehter or not they will

enthusiast
enthusiast
Elves
Human
Half-Orc = recoloured humans can be added relatively easily
Half-Elf

Gnome
Dwarf =smaller human
Halfling

Dragonborn = human with Dragonhead (they look cheap compared to the Lizards form Divinity)
Tiefling = humans with horns and tails.

The races in DND aren't that complicated compared to something like WOW which has like 20 different race with unique bodies

Last edited by Hawke; 08/11/19 11:51 AM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
WoW als had a lot of time and a lot worse graphics

A
addict
addict
A
I love the Kensai/Mage back then in BG2?. Really loving the Celestial Fury back then. I hope Dual Class or even Prestige Classes will be available for BG3? In terms of gearing, i think DOS2 made the right choice. Needs randomization, crafting & enhancement?

I really like a Thor build. Will that be possible in D&D? I'm kinda new in D&D. The only thing i know about D&D was very early games like Eye of Beholder. And then come Baldur's Gate.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Archaven
I love the Kensai/Mage back then in BG2?. Really loving the Celestial Fury back then. I hope Dual Class or even Prestige Classes will be available for BG3? In terms of gearing, i think DOS2 made the right choice. Needs randomization, crafting & enhancement?

I really like a Thor build. Will that be possible in D&D? I'm kinda new in D&D. The only thing i know about D&D was very early games like Eye of Beholder. And then come Baldur's Gate.

There are no prestige classes in the 5th edition of D&D neither is there the Kensai class. Dual classing should be in.

Last edited by Hawke; 10/11/19 01:49 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

In D&D 5e Kensai is a Monk subclass and multiclassing has replaced dual classing. You can in 5e multiclass Monks, so a Kensai/Mage is possible in 5e.

And a "Thor" build is possible, Tempest Domain Cleric or for a less fightery, more mage version Storm Magic Sorcerer.

Of course this in 5e TTRPG terms, so I can't promise that BG3 will have that.

stranger
stranger
Usually go human Wizard in a DnD game because
[Linked Image]
THEY HAVE THE POWER

but I don't know how DnD's current mechanics -let alone this game's, will roll. 3rd edition you could nuke enemies then have the team rest then repeat. 2nd edition spellcasters had a suite of tools for most situations and it was much more tactical. New/current edition? You tell me.

Will depend in part on party members. If likeable party members fill a role, no need for redundancy.

apprentice
apprentice
Human wizard is also my default, but we'll see. Probably gonna avoid halflings, since I don't like what they did with them in 5e. THEY WEAR SHOES, GODDAMMIT!

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Buttercheese
Human wizard is also my default, but we'll see. Probably gonna avoid halflings, since I don't like what they did with them in 5e. THEY WEAR SHOES, GODDAMMIT!

What is worse they turned Halflings into bauble heads. Bobble head Halflings are the single worst art decision in D&D, history.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Hamster_Baller
Usually go human Wizard in a DnD game because
[Linked Image]
THEY HAVE THE POWER

but I don't know how DnD's current mechanics -let alone this game's, will roll. 3rd edition you could nuke enemies then have the team rest then repeat. 2nd edition spellcasters had a suite of tools for most situations and it was much more tactical. New/current edition? You tell me.

Will depend in part on party members. If likeable party members fill a role, no need for redundancy.

https://www.5esrd.com

That should be starting point to become familiar with D&D 5e.

stranger
stranger
Hi everyone, I'd like to revive this thread so that we can share our ideas about the characters which we will make. I for one would love to play Knowledge Cleric due to the fact that the class theme really appeals to me. I hope that such subclass will be avaible to us, but taking into account that it exists in 5e Im sure it will. When it comes to races, I will probably try playing a half-elf or an elf. I havent decided yet. What about you guys?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Consulor
Hi everyone, I'd like to revive this thread so that we can share our ideas about the characters which we will make. I for one would love to play Knowledge Cleric due to the fact that the class theme really appeals to me. I hope that such subclass will be avaible to us, but taking into account that it exists in 5e Im sure it will. When it comes to races, I will probably try playing a half-elf or an elf. I havent decided yet. What about you guys?

It's hard to say until I know what classes, races, subclasses, feats, multiclassing, and subraces will be in it.

stranger
stranger
I know, I'm just sad that the Baldur's Gate 3 forum is getting more and more quiet due to the lack of any information about the game itself. Therefore, we have to wait till they show us anything new.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Consulor
I know, I'm just sad that the Baldur's Gate 3 forum is getting more and more quiet due to the lack of any information about the game itself. Therefore, we have to wait till they show us anything new.

Yeah the silence from Larian since BG3 was announced has been bad for the build up of excitement for this game. They should not have announced it if they were going to say nothing for this long afterwards. The gamers are getting restless.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

In D&D 5e Kensai is a Monk subclass and multiclassing has replaced dual classing. You can in 5e multiclass Monks, so a Kensai/Mage is possible in 5e.

And a "Thor" build is possible, Tempest Domain Cleric or for a less fightery, more mage version Storm Magic Sorcerer.

Of course this in 5e TTRPG terms, so I can't promise that BG3 will have that.

It dawns on me that you could also go pure Kensai Monk, but dabble in Wizard by taking the Ritual Caster Feat. No combat spells, but you can then write wizard spells with the ritual tag on them in you ritual book and cast them as rituals.

stranger
stranger
I want to try and remake my first D&D character from way back. My high elf Bladesinger. Nothing too new or creative but holds a special place for me and I would love to bring him to life in this game

journeyman
journeyman
My first D&D character ever was a Drow. He was an Arch-Fey Warlock/Lore Bard. With Warlock I could Disguise Self at will, so it made for some great role play.

After that, I would probably want to recreate my Halfling Druid. He was Circle of the Land (Swamp) and only a one shot character, but I had a lot of fun with him.

Lawful good paladin to purge the githyanki and mindflayers from faerun

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard