Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#657535 05/12/19 10:32 PM
BlueLou Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I understand you can’t teleport yourself but I noticed that I also can’t teleport my party member (Fane) - it says invalid target both in and out of battle. I remember being able to teleport allies back when I had the gloves of teleportation but is the teleport skill different? Not sure if this is a bug or intentional.

Support
Support

You should be able to teleport an ally, as long as they don't have a status to prevent that (after Fortify is cast on them, etc).

If you give Fane the teleporter gloves (though it doesn't sound like you still have them), can he teleport your main character?

Can you select a character using the portraits and then select a destination somewhere on open ground?

Can you teleport a crate or barrel, etc, or do you have any problem teleporting opponents in combat?

If you are playing on PC:

If your are using the keyboard UI, do you have a controller you can test with?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

BlueLou Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ok I see now... I have Fane wearing Antique armor which sets Grounded. I changed his armor and now he’s teleportable again. Had no idea that’s what Grounded does.

Fortunately it’s not a bug. As always thanks for your help!

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
One way is probably just as tough as another but (and I'm guessing), couldn't you have transported a member to wherever making sure they had the pyramid with Fane and his grounding armor then using that to get there?

Support
Support

With a Lone Wolf playthrough, Fane may have been the only companion, and only the main character knew Teleportation.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard