Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#425470 11/11/10 10:25 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Today i decided to pay a visit to the Patriarch's Lair and upon reaching the area where theres alot of dragonheads shooting fireballs all over i see on the map a section blocked off by a wall. after 20 mins trying to figure out how to reach that area i decided to give up and continue on with the place.

Also just before reaching the Patriarch i fell upon a key but i didnt find any locked chest or locked door so im kind of wondering what purpose that key serves ... anyone got infos that could help me?

Support
Support

AFAIK there is no way into that passage shown on the map.

According to the D2:ED walkthrough a key on a shelf in that cave opens a locked chest directly to the north, but I don't recall if that is the one you are referring to.

stranger
stranger
When you get that key, walk toward where the dragon is and you see a wall on the left side of the passage. Behind that wall is the chest the key opens. I know the question was asked years ago, but someone may read this question tomorrow, or next year..........

Last edited by Turophile; 21/12/19 12:21 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I was wondering the same thing: if you step in that direction, Patriarch just resumes his conversation and then shoos you away.

J'aime le fromage.
There is also a chest down there, where the Patriarch is (it's shown, when the camera pans around during the conversation), but haven't found a way to get there, any attempt just triggers the conversation with the dragon again and again.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
The worst thing is that I feel like I keep waking him up from his snooze and that I'm just being annoying even though he's taking it with good grace.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #666417 15/04/20 01:02 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by vometia
The worst thing is that I feel like I keep waking him up from his snooze and that I'm just being annoying even though he's taking it with good grace.

lol. Old post but I felt the same!

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard