Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Larian Studios
OP Offline
Larian Studios
[Linked Image]

Hi Everyone,

We’ve just implemented a bunch of tweaks and fixes for the Switch version of Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Some of the highlights from this update include fixes for the character portraits, as well as skill or object icons, and some issues with cross-saves on Steam. There are also performance improvements as well as fixes for sound and audio effects.

We have some major things coming up in the pipe, but for now we hope that this latest round of fixes and improvements makes your journey through Rivellon an even smoother experience!

Thanks so much for your support since launch!

Patch notes via the Larian Crew below:

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a crash caused by being offline and trying to load a save retrieved from Steam that wasn’t previously synced properly

• Fixed an issue with freezing while saving the game

• Fixed an issue with Local Save Slots not appearing after changing Steam profile

• Fixed an issue with the X button overlapping copyright text in Italian

• Fixed an issue with the friends filter in Spanish, where if the setting is Friends Only, only the word ‘amigos’ is displayed

• Fixed an issue with the Tags selection in the Character Sheet

• Fixed an issue with Attributes, Combat Abilities, Civil Abilities and Talents displaying incorrectly in the Character Sheet after closing and reopening the tab

• Fixed an issue with certain Crafting skills text being cut off

• Fixed an issue with overlapping and different fonted text in the multiplayer connectivity popup

• Fixed an issue with the functionality of the Y button in the Join Online game screen

• Fixed an issue with missing a button prompt for “Show User Profile” in the multiplayer lobby list

• Fixed an issue with blurry or missing character portraits and skill/object icons

• Fixed a memory issue where after prolonged playing and loading a savegame, all display names show as the same description

• Fixed a multiplayer issue of container UI being broken by opening and then immediately closing the container

• Fixed an issue of enemy corpses not showing the effects that were applied when they died

• Fixed a visual issue of a squarish pattern appearing when characters stand in smoke

• Fixed an issue with Aerothurge spells causing a significant FPS drop and possible game freeze

• Fixed an issue of sounds and SFX being delayed, cut off or not playing in the Bloodmoon Island region

• Fixed an issue of skill SFX not playing if characters from different regions are selected one after another

• Fixed an issue of the loot/container window not displaying correctly in the Chinese localization

• Fixed a lobby issue where a room would appear full despite only having three players

• Fixed a multiplayer issue where client is not able to join the game in act 2.5 (Nameless Isle)

stranger
stranger
Hello,

And could we hope a new bunch of fixes for the PS4 version !!!!!!?

I've just bought this game for my console (I have the DOS on PC) and I'm very disappointed about character graphical/visual bugs !!!

Mage robe or pants are ugly : huge clipping which let see leg skin above clothes... Or robe which move as the wind lift it !

That's totally broke the atmosphere !

cry

Support
Support

There is another game update being prepared for all platforms.
There are known cloth physics issues, but I'm not sure about the status of that (it is more obvious in character creation than in-game).

stranger
stranger
Hi,

Do you plan to add Polish language on Switch version?

Support
Support

That is being looked into. The game uses the system language to determine the game language on console, but the Switch does not support Polish.

Why is this update 27GB?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Why is this update 27GB?

It shouldn't be unless you need to reinstall. It's less than 100 MB.

stranger
stranger
After the update, the Nintendo Switch version crashes frequently during the game and crashes more during quick saving.

Support
Support

Where are you in the game? Did you move to a new act around the time of the update?

Are you getting an error message with a code or any details?

If you load an old save made before the update, does it still crash (assuming it crashes frequently enough that it is feasible to test)?

Are you saving to internal storage or a micro SD card?

If you start the game from a different user account, if available, does a new game crash? Again, if it is feasible to test, and your current playthrough will crash in Fort Joy. A different account would give a separate drive space for saves.

Try clearing the system cache: in the Home menu open System Settings, then select System, Formatting Options, Clear Cache and then the current user.
Note that this will also reset the system language and brightness setting.

wei Offline
stranger
stranger
Hello,

I heard that the switch version has traditional Chinese,
but the game software I bought in Japan e-shop has no way to use Traditional Chinese.

Will you launch an update?

Or do I have to re-purchase a version with Chinese updates?

Support
Support

Is your Switch system language set to Traditional Chinese? The language is set based on the system language, or defaults to English if the system language doesn't correspond to an available game localization.

wei Offline
stranger
stranger
My switch is in traditional Chinese,

Because the game localization does not correspond to the problem, the game can only be played in English.

Is there a chance to launch the language DLC to solve the problem of game localization not corresponding?

I hope to experience the whole game in the language I am most familiar with. please

Support
Support

I checked, and unfortunately the Japanese Switch release only contains the Japanese and English localizations.

wei Offline
stranger
stranger
Asian players need Chinese version very much QQ

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Quick question: when an update comes up, does GoG do an automatic update if so set for this game? That can cause problems if you are in the middle of a game so, for those of you who use GoG Galaxy, it might be a good idea to set things so they do not update automatically.

L
stranger
stranger
L
As a Switch user and keen to have a portable companion for the Steam version:
Any chance of free optional DLC for Switch improving texture resolution? I have a big micro sd, space is no issue.
I don't mind a slightly lower fps for better fidelity.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Has Larian already taken advantage of Switch overclocking during loading screens?
It takes over 2 minutes to load a save sometimes.

stranger
stranger
How long does it take after the Steam release of an update for it to be sent to GoG ?
GoG says I'm up to date, but my friend got a new update today and has a newer version than me.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Esperologist
How long does it take after the Steam release of an update for it to be sent to GoG ?
GoG says I'm up to date, but my friend got a new update today and has a newer version than me.

Same over here...

Support
Support

Normally Galaxy is updated pretty much the same time as Steam (then GOG usually makes patches and updates the full installer within a business day or two); I'm not sure why it wasn't today. With the Steam version there was a minor issue with one of the descriptions for a new talent, resulting in the English.pak file needing to be rebuilt, so I expect that will be updated on Steam tomorrow, and the corrected update released on Galaxy.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard