Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
What if the protagonist is not an individual but the party. Each individual would have story goals based upon there backstory ideals, goals, and flaws. But it would be the party as a whole as the identity of the protagonist, much like Force Grey, or Aquistions Inc., or the C-Team.

It all depends on how much backstory will be written for the player character. When I think back on BG1 and 2 everyone but the Bhaalspawn was more memorable to me and I didn't find that a bad thing at all. The PC is simply an avatar of yours that exists in a fictional setting and from what I've seen in both WRPGs and JRPGs it's a perfectly viable strategy to put more emphasis on other characters i.e. party members.

Originally Posted by vometia
English? He's nowt to do with us.

Well, according to this information surname originates from England. So it's possibile that main protagonist of the game "Baldur's Gate" will be reluctant space traveller from United Kingdom. Or, maybe it will be just some farmer boy with the name Baldur, who forgot to lock the gate of the stall so his cows were stolen and whole game he will try to retrieve them from some very bad guys.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Soccer
Originally Posted by vometia
English? He's nowt to do with us.

Well, according to this information surname originates from England. So it's possibile that main protagonist of the game "Baldur's Gate" will be reluctant space traveller from United Kingdom. Or, maybe it will be just some farmer boy with the name Baldur, who forgot to lock the gate of the stall so his cows were stolen and whole game he will try to retrieve them from some very bad guys.

Almost reads like a synopsis of Divinity: Original Sin's plot. I am impressed!

Okay, let's be rational. All jokes aside. In every Larian game in every trailer were presented and introduced protagonists of the game. So we can safely assume that octopus-man from the trailer is Baldur's Gate III protagonist. His life story will be definitely dramatic. Maybe he is an orphan, maybe his mother cheated on his father with Cthulhu, we don't know, but surely Larian will make amazing game out it and even Cyberpunk 2077 will be on the background of Baldur's Gate III!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Soccer; 02/01/20 03:55 PM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
my guess is actually that with bhaal beeing back, there might be something like the bhaalspawn.
We also know theres gonna be soemthing like Origins from OS or Dragon Age and the foucs is on the party.

So id say: theres multiple guys that are kind of like bhaalspawn, and theyll have to work together not to get eaten by now kind of alive again bhaal, something along those lines

addict
addict
The protagonist is YOU ...

The town of Leyden lies in an unfortunate location on the map between two warring kingdoms. The townspeople have suffered the passage of numerous military campaigns which have swept through the valley over the course of many years. In a final desperate act, the town elders hired an archmage to summon a champion who would have the power to push back the invaders. The archmage conducted the ritual summoning, and the village elders waited expectantly for a powerful entity to appear.

Meanwhile I was sitting at my computer, and a funny feeling came over me ...

What came through the summoning portal was a simple person dressed in funny (yet comfortable) clothes, and who exhibited no special powers. The faces of the townsfolk betrayed their acute disappointment, for certainly this summoning brought neither Deva nor Demon. The archmage just laughed as she departed, saying "Lo, the fate of your little town is linked to much larger happenings in this realm, and so I have brought a means of salvation for you and many others. But do not think this power comes quickly or easily, for there will be many travails before your fate is revealed."

S
veteran
veteran
S
isekai is a terrible genre

Why it's always has to be bhaalspawn? Isn't there some other god's bastards? It would be be cool if protagonist is offspring of some archfey, archdevil or son/daughter of Ao.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
What if the protagonist is not an individual but the party. Each individual would have story goals based upon there backstory ideals, goals, and flaws. But it would be the party as a whole as the identity of the protagonist, much like Force Grey, or Aquistions Inc., or the C-Team.

I love this idea and think it's the most likely one to happen. Heck perhaps the Patron mechic from Rising from the last War will make it into BG3.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Soccer
Why it's always has to be bhaalspawn?.

Well, I think I can say with high confidence that it is indeed very unlikely that Charname2 will be a Bhaalspawn, since the very last of them canonically died in order to bring Bhaal back to life, which canonically takes place before the events of BG3. At best Charname2 could be a decendent of a Bhaalspawn, though then there is the question if a Bhaalspawnspawn also has Bhaalessence like a regular Bhaalspawn. Bhaalspawn.

Bhaalspawn.

old hand
old hand
Maybe for a twist this time it will be a Banespawn or Myrkulspawn. Or Sunespawn, Llirraspawn, Sharessspawn, Talosspawn, Lovitarspawn, Tiamatspawn, Malarspawn, Gruumshspawn, Moradinspawn, Larethianspawn, ect...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard