Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Larian promised that there would communication on BG3 with the fans and so far that is a broken promise. A Cone of Silence has been in effect for months now nd it's largely killed my hype for the game, because they are completely unresponsive. Does anyone else feel this way?

So when will the Cone of Silence be lifted?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well we know that we will see gameplay before next E3 so I guess somewhere in the next 6 months Source https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/baldurs-gate-3-erstes-gameplay-video-gamescom-kampfsystem,3345782.html

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think we should all accept that BG3 has been cancelled and they work on Divinity 3 Ego Draconis 2 ! div2s No turn based no RTWP just good action RPG gamaplay.

Last edited by Hawke; 04/01/20 04:50 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Larian promised that there would communication on BG3 with the fans and so far that is a broken promise. A Cone of Silence has been in effect for months now nd it's largely killed my hype for the game, because they are completely unresponsive. Does anyone else feel this way?

So when will the Cone of Silence be lifted?

Well if we weren't hyped for it we wouldn't be posting here right now, would we?

Etwas zu sagen, ohne etwas zu sagen, ist keine Arroganz und auch kein Zufall, sondern das Erzeugen und Aufrechterhalten eines Hypes. Deshalb haben wir auch hier rein geklickt: weil es uns interessiert, weil wir gerne mehr wissen würden, aber das nicht bekommen. So bleibt Spannung erhalten, so entsteht Diskussionsstoff, so multipliziert sich der Hype, inklusive der Vorfreude und / oder auch Sorgen - ganz gezielt.

As this user points out in that GameStar article Hawke linked to, withholding key details on the game keeps fans on the edge making sure it stays in the spotlight. Sounds like a great idea at first but as soon as we have the full scoop on BG3 we'll know if it's worth shelling out $60 for. In the meantime maybe it helps them sell more copies of Divinity games. Sucks to be a fan.

Edit: I'm looking forward to what is rumored to be an upcoming Nintendo Direct event where Dragon Quest XII may be officially announced. Then there's SMTV that hasn't had an update for years.

Last edited by korotama; 04/01/20 05:04 PM. Reason: redundancy + more
apprentice
apprentice
As a matter of fact, the announcement and the trailer were timed according to the release of WotC products, and by the time the game is released different WotC products will be out not concerning Baldur’s Gate at all. Fanbase has already gone mad, fragmented between those wanting Rtwp and those wanting TB, not to mention the speculation about sequel/non sequel and the doubts concerning the port of 5e to a crpg.

A total mess so far.

M
addict
addict
M
They probably don't have much to show yet. And by that I mean stuff that is not subject to big changes before release.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm thinking WOTC has been keeping a tight reign on them in terms of what they can/can't say.

[Edit]Linked article says E3 2020...

June!? Thats ages away frown

Last edited by 0Muttley0; 05/01/20 11:04 AM.

Love and sausages xx
Support
Support

There will be stuff shown when it is ready to be shown.

As a general rule, games are announced without a lot of detail. While some games are announced late in the development process, sometimes it can be years with only an occasional bit of news or screenshots, etc. Then information starts being released leading up to the game's release (or sometimes there are delays, engine changes, studio/publisher issues, projects cancelled, etc).

Dragon Commander and D:OS were confirmed to be in development but only referred to as Project D and Project E for some time, with little detail provided. While there were some periodic general information mentioned (and screenshots posted of a test area made for the game engine, etc), the names and more detailed information took 7 months and 16 months, respectively.
Beyond Divinity and Divinity 2 were similar.

For BG3 the announcement was included in the Stadia announcement, and kind of needed to be mentioned before Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus. However, it's not like it could have been delayed much longer, even if that were not the case: there were already rumours of the game's development and a previous leak (though a third hand source, so it didn't gain much traction at the time) that was starting to get more corroboration.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Wizbane
As a matter of fact, the announcement and the trailer were timed according to the release of WotC products, and by the time the game is released different WotC products will be out not concerning Baldur’s Gate at all. Fanbase has already gone mad, fragmented between those wanting Rtwp and those wanting TB, not to mention the speculation about sequel/non sequel and the doubts concerning the port of 5e to a crpg.

A total mess so far.

I agree. It would have been better if they'd just come out for example and said it's a RTwP or TB or whatever it is (I'm still fairly certain it's TB), because like rilling off a Band-Aid fast it only hurts for a second and then it's over. Instead because it's unknown they've allowed the debate to go on endlessly until a disagreement festered into a festering, bleeding wound and two sides angry and bitter towards each other with day it grows worse, because until we know no one can move on. That festering wound is turning gangrene. Just one example.

Now compare that to Tuque Studios. Dark Alliance is a ARPG with zero character creation. It looks awful and sounds worse. But at least they ripped the Band-Aid off so those who hate it like me can bitch about it and then quickly getting it out of our systems we move on, miniumal bitterness, so major longer term diversion in the fan base. No feuds. Like ripping off a Band-Aid.

apprentice
apprentice
People have all sorts of opinions (which I do not wish to discuss here any further) about Beamdog, but say what you will, at least they are top notch when it comes to communication with their players.

I miss that here greatly.

S
veteran
veteran
S
all three players they still have...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sordak
all three players they still have...

Nope, they even have 500 players for NWN EE unlike Larian with their 8000 players according to steam charts...
Larian at the announcement that they want to work with their fans but on the other side they said that central aspects like the combat aren't even up or discussion and now there is absolutely 0 communication whatsoever. Well as I said before in the worst case we will see gameplay in June at the E3

Last edited by Hawke; 06/01/20 08:55 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
> Specifically mentions that I don't wanna discuss Beamdog
> First respond is a riff on Beamdog

Can't you read or are you actively trying to piss me off, Sordak?

S
veteran
veteran
S
>make a post about beamdog
>can we not talk about beamdog
>why are people talking about beamdog?!

you did this to yourself

on larian, im not a fan of that stuff either. But it certainly is easier to communicate to a small fanbase than it is to a large one.
Id argue while larian did have a lot of updates on their kickstarter, their communicationw as never that stellar.
probably comes from the fact that they were developers under a publisher for so long.

Last edited by Sordak; 07/01/20 09:24 AM.
I heard rumor from semi reliable sources that not only Fallen Heroes, but Baldur's Gate III is canceled as well, because of financial reasons.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Soccer
I heard rumor from semi reliable sources that not only Fallen Heroes, but Baldur's Gate III is canceled as well, because of financial reasons.

Sure mate I heard that Swen sold the company to Epic Games and that they now help develop Fortnite 3.

Last edited by Hawke; 07/01/20 01:34 PM.
stranger
stranger

Stop this nonsense.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

Please get your facts right: it's because of leprosy.

J'aime le fromage.
Please, don't shoot the messenger! I just retelling what I read on some very socially-politically incorrect site. If you interested, the source of this information is on 4chan, somewhere (DON"T VISIT) in the thread with very offensive name (didn't save direct link, sorry).
What I was doing there? Eh, l was looking for any available information about the game, definitely that!

Last edited by Soccer; 07/01/20 03:53 PM.
veteran
veteran
Please, don't shoot the messenger! I just retelling what I read on some very socially-politically incorrect site. If you interested, the source of this information is on 4chan, somewhere (DON"T VISIT) in the thread with very offensive name (didn't save direct link, sorry).
What I was doing there? Eh, l was looking for any available information about the game, definitely that!

Hehehe. *So many thoughts .... Must not say them out loud.*

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard