Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The Switch version performs very well in handheld mode. I played this game in Chinese for a few days and thought it was the best rpg this year.

But I was also bothered by small fonts. I also found that many Chinese gamers have the same complaints as me. The Chinese font of this game is "Kai ti", which is a bit like an art font. It is often used for paper printing and does not look good on the screen, especially when the resolution is low. (No one phone uses it as the default font.)
I know that changing fonts may involve some copyright issues and it is harder to handle than imagined. So can you provide the font size option for the switch in the future?
Thank you very much for your attention.

Support
Support

We are looking in to this issue; just increasing the font size would cause issues with the UI, though. I'll forward these comments to the people involved.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
When I played somewhere in the game, a line of conversation unexpectedly appeared in the “Hei” font instead of the "Kai". The display results are beautiful, and it also shows that the current game only needs to be slightly modified to have better readability. Can font selection be added for the Chinese language in future updates?
Thanks for your attention.

The "Hei" font, better readability.
[Linked Image]

The default "Kai" font.
[Linked Image]

Support
Support

I think changing the default font would be more likely than adding a font selection option.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
That will be good. >_<

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard