Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Sordak
the chinese should be forbidden from creating fantasy art...

hahahha,,, as a Chinese, I have to agree with you. Most design especially in game field are trash, totally trash. There is no art at all, our society and culture are sick now.If you are interested, i'll give u some link to show the so-called "masterpiece" .

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by korotama

I'd be happy if their government would stop pursuing an Orwellian dystopia on a global scale.

I cant tell u how much i hate the government, it bind the government and the party to the homeland to abuse people's patriotism. Not to mention the despicable behavior that they loot resources from Africa just like old Europe,and great scale corruption. Many many officers purchase villa in Los Angeles(Beverly hills,Santa Monica ) and Canada.

cyseal Offline OP
OP Offline
These are good designs. Better even. Baldur''s gate has that curved pointy look.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A
addict
addict
A
talking about logo design.. the bg3 logo based on the mindflayers? they look pretty bad. i like the design of baldur's gate 2 quite alot.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by junislee

I'd be happy if their government would stop pursuing an Orwellian dystopia on a global scale.

I cant tell u how much i hate the government, it bind the government and the party to the homeland to abuse people's patriotism. Not to mention the despicable behavior that they loot resources from Africa just like old Europe,and great scale corruption. Many many officers purchase villa in Los Angeles(Beverly hills,Santa Monica ) and Canada.

To be fair, Africa's biggest issue is its demographics i.e. totally unsustainable population growth (it is a huge food importer) which is now spilling over to other continents. Low-trust societies that are plagued by incessant tribal warfare and have never invented the wheel or a written language are very easy to take advantage of (unfortunately, general intelligence is about 50% hereditary according to Plomin's research iirc so not everyone can be an astronaut without changing the population's breeding patterns that is) but I agree with you that their resources are not essential to our survival. Frankly, it's too much trouble if we're supposed to be their caretakers in return. Who's going to put a stop to China's ransacking of the continent, you might ask? The West is morally bankrupt and its elites firmly believe greed is a virtue. Heck, if I recall France is still extracting resources from there. Don't forget to make lots of popcorn because there are no brakes on this train apparently. grin

old hand
old hand

I'd say that about the American Government as well, just look at the American back coup in Bolivia that overthrew a democratically elected government there.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Archaven
talking about logo design.. the bg3 logo based on the mindflayers? they look pretty bad. i like the design of baldur's gate 2 quite alot.

I love the BG3 logo.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

I'd say that about the American Government as well, just look at the American back coup in Bolivia that overthrew a democratically elected government there.

No argument there. I call them high-tech Somali pirates when I feel like bashing them.

old hand
old hand

No argument there. I call them high-tech Somali pirates when I feel like bashing them.

How dare you insult Somali Pirates like that 😋

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by junislee

To be fair, Africa's biggest issue is its demographics i.e. totally unsustainable population growth (it is a huge food importer) which is now spilling over to other continents. Low-trust societies that are plagued by incessant tribal warfare and have never invented the wheel or a written language are very easy to take advantage of (unfortunately, general intelligence is about 50% hereditary according to Plomin's research iirc so not everyone can be an astronaut without changing the population's breeding patterns that is) but I agree with you that their resources are not essential to our survival. Frankly, it's too much trouble if we're supposed to be their caretakers in return. Who's going to put a stop to China's ransacking of the continent, you might ask? The West is morally bankrupt and its elites firmly believe greed is a virtue. Heck, if I recall France is still extracting resources from there. Don't forget to make lots of popcorn because there are no brakes on this train apparently. grin

haha,,I see, they are birds of a feather.

If illithids are confirmed in Baldur's Gate II, so maybe we will get to see their homeworld, canonical Far Realm as a location? That's would be a great and original idea. Also, we should definitely get at least one brainstealer dragon. Dragons were at every Larian's game, with exception of BD, after all.

Last edited by Soccer; 21/01/20 06:18 PM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
there was a thread about the mindflayer world in FR up a while ago, basically theres a variety of places mindflayers can come from and several of them could in theory possess a nautiloid

there was a thread about the mindflayer world in FR up a while ago, basically theres a variety of places mindflayers can come from and several of them could in theory possess a nautiloid

Well, forgotten realms wiki's claims that mind flayers. or at least their ancestor, originate from Far Realm. And while we touched upon the issue of information availability on wiki's, you should definitely leave your mark in history by registering on divinity fandom wiki and help out with filling it with information from Divinity game series. There also a rumor going on that if you will create 3000 pages with content on this wiki, you will get real life psionic powers. But no one managed it so far to prove it or disprove it.

Back to Baldur Gate 3, would be nice if players will get an opportunity to become llithids themself.

Last edited by Soccer; 22/01/20 12:56 PM.
stranger
stranger
The videogame with the best armor design so far is Mordhau

MORDHAU ARMOR

Many aesthetics which have become standard in fantasy armor designs: spikes, serrated edges, upscaled pauldrons, glowing bits, floating parts, skulls everywhere, extraneous details like many belts, excessive ornamentation, proportions from WoW's Samwise who got his from Joe Madureira who got his from anime, look silly at best -not cool. Some attempts at, "mature" design have also failed, as seen in Game of Thrones, where the color palette's reduced to black and gray.

In this context, rendering model meshes, textures, and other game assets from real-world references is refreshing, iconoclastic, and outstanding. The market doesn't want for more anime-derived goofyness with crystals. Even some of the most popular recent animes, like Goblin Slayer and Vinland Saga, have made a point of depicting more realistic armor. Even the less down-to-earth manga like Berserk still have a baseline of realism with the gear for most of the men in the armies so when a unique armor is wild-looking, like the Berserk armor, it's special. Likewise one of the most popular jrpgs, Dark Souls, successfully used more realistic armor like a bucket helm.

Fantastical armor can be cool if it does something more rarely-seen, like armor made of flesh

FLESH ARMOR
[Linked Image]

I'm not suggesting gamers would prefer a 1:1 adaptation of future-armor into a medieval style. My point's if an asset's supposed to be fantastical then make it weird and other-worldly, not the same metal with gems added.

old hand
old hand
The problem with realistic Armour is that it rarely looks as cool as fantasy Armour, and given it's a game and not real life, I want to look cool.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The problem with realistic Armour is that it rarely looks as cool as fantasy Armour, and given it's a game and not real life, I want to look cool.

A handy way to fix armor is to make everyone in the game female - that way you don't have to design any given fantasy games' track record! Plot armor is invisible yet impenetrable much to men's chagrin.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Mordhau absoluteley does NOT have the best armors holy crap.
Mordhau just fell for that "Muh realism" meme, while also borking up proportions.

BELIEVEABLE, yet not realistic, designs are almost always superior: see Dark Souls armors or For Honor, both of those blow Mordhau out of the water
"muh realism" is a blight upon the fantasy genre and recent trends like game of thrones (Despite not beeing realistic at all) have facilltated this

Also it is ridiculous to equate WoW with "fantasy" style.
The Warcraft style is outdated and basically non existant in contemporary fantasy, its basically a strawman from a bygone age

Last edited by Sordak; 25/01/20 10:08 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I like realistic swords and object on moral grounds to the sort of things that would cause more injury to the person actually holding it, but then again I also like impractical shoes. So I'm kinda torn on the subject.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Mordhau absoluteley does NOT have the best armors holy crap.
Mordhau just fell for that "Muh realism" meme, while also borking up proportions.

BELIEVEABLE, yet not realistic, designs are almost always superior: see Dark Souls armors or For Honor, both of those blow Mordhau out of the water
"muh realism" is a blight upon the fantasy genre and recent trends like game of thrones (Despite not beeing realistic at all) have facilltated this

Also it is ridiculous to equate WoW with "fantasy" style.
The Warcraft style is outdated and basically non existant in contemporary fantasy, its basically a strawman from a bygone age

I agree, but it was people whining about boob plate armour and chain mail bikinis that drove the realistic armour push. Booooo.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Like it or not, gaming is no longer a pastime exclusive to men so it's little wonder to me that some women don't want their avatars to be portrayed as Ms. Fan Service. I know it's fantasy but things like chain mail bikinis in combat simply prove too much even for my best efforts at suspension of belief.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard