Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gouhou1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello everyone, I am here because I am in dire need of help.

I've downloaded back the game a few days ago, but every so often when going through a loading screen (specifically when getting out of a room, cave or other "interior" place) the game just loads infinitely.
For the record, I know this is a known issue and I have already been through different forums and help pages/wikis in order to find a solution, here is what I already tried without success :
- activating Lockstep mode in advanced graphic options
- disabling VSync
- going into the game's properties and selected " compatibility with windows XP SP3 "
- installing https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371
- saving/quicksaving before entering/exiting a place
- going into the hidden files and changing the fullscreen value to "0"

I've also looked up for some patches for the game, but I found a wiki post stating that Divinity 2 : Developper's Cut Edition on Steam already possesses all patches and fixes released by the devs, si I'm guessing it won't be of any help.

I must admit that I'm running out of options at this point. If anyone has an unlisted trick I could use, I'd like to know.
Thanks in advance.

PS : I've searched a bit through these forums and haven't found any topic disucssing this matter. If one corresponding to my request is already here, I apologize.

Support
Support

I'm not sure what else to suggest not mentioned in the forum topics you've already found (like Game Loads for ever)...

I don't know if this will make a difference if Lockstep mode didn't, but try starting the game, then start the Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc or right click an open area of the Task Bar), switch to the Processes tab, right click on Divinity2.exe and select 'Set Affinity...'. After that, try unselecting all but one of the cores, apply and test the game.

You could try playing the game in a virtual machine; performance may not be as good, if it works (the overhead probably wouldn't be noticeable, though, given the game requirements), but a couple people did that with D:OS EE to confirm issues were system related, before resorting to reinstalling Windows.

https://www.howtogeek.com/196060/beginner-geek-how-to-create-and-use-virtual-machines

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/198427-how-to-install-windows-10-in-a-virtual-machine

Not long ago I tried the game in XP Mode in Win 7, to see if that would work, but I don't think XP Mode was designed for games (I had set it up to use an old scanner, when the software and drivers had issues in Win 7), though I didn't check the video configuration other than confirming DirectX 9c support, or do much in the way of troubleshooting.

Gouhou1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks, I'll try these solution when I'll get the time. I'll post my feedback once done.
I really appreciate that you are still helping people with such a common issue despite the game being nearly (or already) a decade old, that's really nice of you.

Gouhou1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've made a graphic pilot update and the game seems to work now.
Thank you again for the help !

Last edited by Gouhou1; 29/02/20 09:33 PM.
Support
Support

I'm glad you finally got it working.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard