Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#658941 19/02/20 08:10 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey all, I am new here ( First post ) I did a search and did not see anything in regards to this so I am asking here. Is there any way we could get a toolset included with BG3, an example would be like the Aura toolset from NWN. I know you still have tons of work to do ( I'm jealous actually it looks like its tons of fun at your office, you hiring? ) Thanks for all the hard work!

veteran
veteran
So, while it would make a lot of sense considering BG3 uses the same DOS2 engine and thus tools are already here, I'm concerned about whether D&D will allow it.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Good question in this thread.
I m ready to buy the game personnaly with what i see on the today gameplay vid but only if it s have a game master mode like DoS 2 ( i m absolutely fan of this mode since i ve tried it )
If it s not in BG3...

Well i think i will just wait for the next divinity title.
Hope an official answer on this smile.

veteran
veteran
I was hoping that LITERALLY one person asked Swen, but no.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Like you said in your post before... same engine... and larian is good at that... but here Wizards of the Coast can have their words too.
Hope they will not stop larian if they re go for a GM mode... we will see ... hope hope !

veteran
veteran
They allowed toolset for both NWN2 games. They didn't for BG because such a thing didn't exist.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think the DOS2 toolset game demo that Larian showed at WotC is what tipped the scale in Larian's favor as the choice to make BG3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9cPK2_qKU&t=23s

stranger
stranger
If Larian releases a toolset, I will buy it. up

If Larian will host adventure/world servers, I will buy the service. up

There is no need to give away great things for free.

Grant access and tools to the community, creative and talented people have been waiting for many years for the next big adventure/world making role playing software tools. Make a game legendary. Make Larian legendary. And earn well-deserved profits at the same time.

veteran
veteran
I wish they made their toolset more user-friendly for this game. More like Aurora.

stranger
stranger
Im confident to see a GM toolset in this game. The game is already worth it for me from what I've got to see.
But if they include a GM Toolset, I can't wait to use it for creating my own little D&D adventures within!

Zonalar #659357 28/02/20 12:34 PM
veteran
veteran
GM Mode and Toolset are two different things tbh.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Yes. But to have a really good GM mod the toolset is very usefull....
In DoS2 engine ( the toolset ) i create my own maps for GM mode for exemple... without it'll be premade ones only... i love the liberty of creating my own content. Like in Pen and Papers games finally.

Last edited by The Storyteller; 28/02/20 01:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
And as I said, I'm hoping for both. But executive producer said GM is "difficult"

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
It's a "maybe" for now if i understand correctly.

veteran
veteran
I mean, they already have it done - just need to upgrade it.

veteran
veteran
Mod support officially still "not considered", FYI.

veteran
veteran
Well according to the gaming news media Larian sycophants, Larian is making the perfect game here, right? The greatest game ever. So why would we need modding tools?

veteran
veteran
Well, without being so pungent, I'd argue that this is worrying, considering that they already have, in theory, mod tools and GM mode ready. And it makes no sense to include neither of them.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Id criticise the game more if so many people here werent busy making shit up.
Because according to certain elements on this forum, Larian are, somehow, literaly developing the second holocaust or the bubonic plague or something like that

On modding tools: Maybe WOTC wont let them.
but i doubt it, chacnes are they just dont wanna talk about it yet

Last edited by Sordak; 29/02/20 09:02 PM.
Sordak #659960 29/02/20 09:13 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sordak
Id criticise the game more if so many people here werent busy making shit up.
Because according to certain elements on this forum, Larian are, somehow, literaly developing the second holocaust or the bubonic plague or something like that

On modding tools: Maybe WOTC wont let them.
but i doubt it, chacnes are they just dont wanna talk about it yet

I don't know who you're talking about man. And I'd appreciate if you stopped throwing your hyperboles around.
I did think that perhaps WotC didn't let them but you know, they always did, at least in games with big developers.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 29/02/20 09:13 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard