#659148 27/02/20 09:53 PM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Big fan of original BG series and Divinity series. In my opinion you should:

*****- Fix the jumping (looks too arcadey)*****
*****- Moving objects should not be like Divinity (floating and shifting objects).******
- Make it heavier/darker (thematically)
- Add as many interesting D&D interactables (like you mentioned yelling to taunt etc.)
- Add more stylistic flair to deferentiatiate Divinity from BG series. (noticed the right click prompts and indicators are literally from Divinity)

Thanks for you reveal and I hope these are worth reading!

veteran
veteran
Thematically heavier? The beginning is about an alien race of psychic cephalopods who reproduces like Xenomorphs (minus the rape imagery) invading earth.

enthusiast
enthusiast
To be fair, we only got a sneak peak into the game so it's hard to tell where it stands thematically overall.

Last edited by korotama; 27/02/20 10:04 PM.
Originally Posted by MorphGroups

*****- Fix the jumping (looks too arcadey)*****
*****- Moving objects should not be like Divinity (floating and shifting objects).******

I like that jumping and moving objects are fast and snappy.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I found the air swooshing while jumping super cheesey and while i agree the object moving is fast and better time-wise it still felt way too much like divinity and was unrealistic in a lot of ways.

apprentice
apprentice
I want to know if the game will not have a dynamic weather, day/night cycle and NPCs with routines and that react to the weather also frown
Pillars of eternity 2 has all these details.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Erwin Smith
I want to know if the game will not have a dynamic weather, day/night cycle and NPCs with routines and that react to the weather also frown
Pillars of eternity 2 has all these details.

+1

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Dynamic weather is something i hadn't ever noticed in all of those games until you mentioned it and now I'm mind fucked.
It definitely adds a degree of depth I hadn't thought about until now.

stranger
stranger
- Make it heavier/darker (thematically)

The opening cutscene has an eye grub crawl inside your brain and begin eating you alive. I'm pretty sure the stage is sufficiently set at a pretty dark tone D:

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Might've been said etc already but the ability to multi-select inventory items and send to camp in one click. Preferably with a confirmation before the sending incase of misclick.

J
stranger
stranger
J
The ability to adjust height and maybe 3 body types? Like skinny, average, muscular? I'm 6'4" (193cm) tall and I always play big strong characters like paladins, fighters, and barbarians. Being limited to skinny characters kinda breaks the immersion. I want to pummel little people into the ground as a massive hulking muscle bound hero.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jossiwales
The ability to adjust height and maybe 3 body types? Like skinny, average, muscular? I'm 6'4" (193cm) tall and I always play big strong characters like paladins, fighters, and barbarians. Being limited to skinny characters kinda breaks the immersion. I want to pummel little people into the ground as a massive hulking muscle bound hero.
don't worry. High/muscular body type has been datamined out for males and females.

ALexws #806436 26/01/22 10:47 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ALexws
don't worry. High/muscular body type has been datamined out for males and females.

We know that some of these things will exist, but what we don't know yet is how much of it players and player characters will have access to - it would, unfortunately, be just like Larian to create various important NPCs with different body types and varying heights, but not give that to actual players. So it's still a good idea to voice your support/desire for those things as available to players in character creation, wherever it comes up.

veteran
veteran
Jumping is essential in the game as of right now. That said, I want them to replace it with being able to pass through friendly units. Without passing through others, jumping is absolutely needed especially in Grymforge.

Again, through, passing through others' space is much more highly preferred than jumping like crazy superheroes.

old hand
old hand
Fix the elves. Duh!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Thematically heavier? The beginning is about an alien race of psychic cephalopods who reproduces like Xenomorphs (minus the rape imagery) invading earth.

A motile sperm with teeth violating your eyeball is pretty rapey. Just sayin'

This is all because of the lack of day/night cycle giving a false impression. Other people have said it but when you tally up the themes this game is about as dark as you can get.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 27/01/22 12:23 AM.

Blackheifer
cyseal #806445 27/01/22 12:31 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by cyseal
I like that jumping and moving objects are fast and snappy.
I wouldn’t change how objects are moved. I wish jumping was snappy but it’s quite the opposite with the need to set up jump and recovery after landing.

journeyman
journeyman
Fix the camera view so that I can actually attack things like spiders high in their webs or archers on high ground that aren't out of range, just can't be caught in the camera angle because it is fixed.

G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
I like the jumping, it makes it feel more like a video game. When I was playing DOS2, I wasnt so sure what it was, I suppose somekind of entertainment? Wish they would put even more "game" stuff into it like Tutorial via Narrator ec. I would break the barrier between Immersion/fiction/fantasy and gameplay with Narrator. Currently its quite laughable how they try to hide it.

Heavier and darker? I think they should add Raining, Lightning, Storms, Snows etc. It should become quite much more heavier when you're out of sudden in heavy snow storm etc. Or heavy lightning, it hits and destroys a tree near you. It should play on CRPGs strenghts too.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 27/01/22 03:51 AM.
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Originally Posted by MorphGroups
Dynamic weather is something i hadn't ever noticed in all of those games until you mentioned it and now I'm mind fucked.
It definitely adds a degree of depth I hadn't thought about until now.

Im not entirely sure if thats doable in first/person games, as theres "draw distance" and stuff, but CRPG could most definitely do it. Amazing landscape and heavy raining probably is too much for modern computers. Dynamic weather and characters react to it, sounds awesome. Cost must be high tho. But if Larian keeps making CRPG, why not.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 27/01/22 04:23 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard