Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#659471 28/02/20 05:14 PM
T
Torque Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I do not like to be a party pooper so I will begin this post with saying I got nothing but love for Larian and I and I am super excited for the game.

However, I got some issues. From what I can tell BG3 will run on the same engine as D:OS and that brings some problems for me. Its difficult for me to exactly pinpoint what my frustration is but I can best describe it as "visual noise". There is simply too much flashy colors, explosions, reflections, ligthning effects, moving objects (hell, the bush/grass move in the breeze) which leads me feeling like I wish I could turn it all off. When Sven used 'Dash' the character started glowing as if it was casting a lvl9 [Lightning] spell and then an after effect where the character would pulsate with a shimmer. All that for (which I assume, I never played 5.0) an ability to move further in combat?

With that said, what we saw could be a placeholder since its still early in development. But what worries me is that I felt the same way about D:OS2. Its not just about the Dash ability, its all spells and interractions. I think the "heaviest load" on the eyes is the moving background and the aiming-to-cast-a-spell effects. I just wish there was a slider to lower these things and before you tell me there are in D:OS2, its not enough. I prefer my effects to be subtle and reflect the inherent power of the spell/ability being used. For example, a dragons fire breath should light up the room but running faster shouldnt.

Maybe I'm alone in this and perhaps I'm just overly sensitive but I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Torque #659483 28/02/20 05:34 PM
veteran
veteran
Not exactly the same, they claim to have improved it significantly.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard