Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#660022 01/03/20 03:18 AM
Acerbus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I loved the gameplay at PAX East! As an avid D&D player I thought I'd drop some suggestions:

Use Rope:

As a long time player of D&D I would love the ability to use grappling hooks and ropes to scale walls, or descend into cavernous depths, or perhaps even to tie up a nefarious ne'er-do-well!

Persuasion Disengage:

I would love to be able to end a combat non-violently, through means of diplomacy or intimidation, granting a chance to talk to an NPC and give the player a variety of actions. Imprison them at your camp, offer them their lives if they promise to never return, or possibly demand something in return for the NPCs life, such as information of a quest objective, the location of a secret cache, or gold, or an item (wand, scroll, potion, etc). This option would give goodly characters (such as Paladins and some Clerics) more opportunities to feel less like a "murder-hobo", and offer more shady or thuggish characters a chance to intimidate, interrogate, and bribe.

Tumble:

I saw the use of the jump skill in the gameplay and recognize that this, in many ways, mirrors the use of the tumble skill in D&D. I feel it would be less jarring in appearance if instead of jumping from a standstill, the character tumbled away from their opponent. I understand that the game is still very early in development, and this could already be your intent, but I felt I'd give my two cents on the topic.

Thank you for taking these suggestions in to account, If I remember more, I'll be sure to post them in a reply to this thread. Regardless of if these suggestions end up in the game, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. I trust you will do great things with the game and will do your best to emulate table-top 5th Edition D&D in as true a form as possible in a video game.

Last edited by Acerbus; 01/03/20 03:22 AM. Reason: Formatting
Acerbus #660051 01/03/20 06:48 AM
Make combat more dynamic and faster

1) Party member could hit with the spell multiple enemies with the chance of knocking down either of them.
2) Link your party member to make spell more powerful with additional effect triggered
3) More combat encounters on the level. Irenicus dungeon had about 15 encounters.

Acerbus #660065 01/03/20 07:29 AM
S
veteran
veteran
S
agreed on persuasion.
Intimidating my enemies out of a fight is something i greatly enjoy to do in DnD.

However it also requires a lot of additional writing and you can trust me that it caused me a lot of headaches already when i had to come up with names and backstories for random mooks that my party decided to interrogate

Last edited by Sordak; 01/03/20 07:29 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard