Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#660606 02/03/20 03:16 PM
Jezeus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've never quite liked Larian's writing or their characters and after seeing that BG3 will feature characters like a vampire elf or a cleric named "Shadowheart" (lmao) I'd rather avoid the BG3 party entirely. Will it be possible to create a custom party like in the original games?

Jezeus #660607 02/03/20 03:23 PM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Jezeus
I've never quite liked Larian's writing or their characters and after seeing that BG3 will feature characters like a vampire elf or a cleric named "Shadowheart" (lmao) I'd rather avoid the BG3 party entirely. Will it be possible to create a custom party like in the original games?

Good question.

But what's wrong with Shadowheart and a vampire elf ?

Jezeus #660609 02/03/20 03:30 PM
journeyman
journeyman
I'd like to know this meself as well.

I've nothing against the Larian-designed party NPCs (barely know them at this point), but knowing full custom party is an option would be nice. Even in the original BG1/2, there were plenty of NPCs I couldn't stand or, more commonly, eventually tired of.

Personally, I'd play through enough times to experience each party NPC at least once (though their respective stays in the party are variable lol).

AbiDalzim #660613 02/03/20 03:36 PM
Jezeus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by AbiDalzim

Good question.

They just seem "edgy" to me. I mean, who calls themselves "Shadowheart" and expects to be taken seriously? I'll laugh her out of the party if that's an option.

Jezeus #660633 02/03/20 04:14 PM
stranger
stranger

Good question.

They just seem "edgy" to me. I mean, who calls themselves "Shadowheart" and expects to be taken seriously? I'll laugh her out of the party if that's an option.

Well that's just a nickname, and by the way Bodhi from BG2 was a vampire elf, it didn't bother you did it ?

AbiDalzim #660659 02/03/20 05:17 PM
Jezeus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger

Good question.

Well that's just a nickname, and by the way Bodhi from BG2 was a vampire elf, it didn't bother you did it ?

Bodhi wasn't a companion and I got to kill her, so no.

Jezeus #660662 02/03/20 05:30 PM
journeyman
journeyman
You can have a custom party if you play with 3 friends, so I would think you would be able to do the same in single player. If you can't, I would consider that an oversight that should be fixed before launch.

Gmazca #660667 02/03/20 05:52 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Gmazca
You can have a custom party if you play with 3 friends, so I would think you would be able to do the same in single player. If you can't, I would consider that an oversight that should be fixed before launch.

The original BG1/2 allowed for a fully customizable party for network (multiplayer) games and they had their own save location. The trick was to start a local network game, create your party, save then copy the multiplayer save to the single player save location, then you could play single player with a fully custom party. The caveat there was you'd occasionally have to boot a custom party member to include a narrative forced party member (or if you wanted to do some NPC sidequests)...and sometimes those custom members would just disappear forever. There were other tricks and mods to deal with this, but that's the gist of how it worked then. The Enhanced Editions just integrated full custom party creation into the single player game...and booted custom party members would just wait where you left them if you wanted to re-add them.

Possibly a similar trick will end up working with this, though obviously impossible to know at present, short of a dev speaking on this.

Jezeus #704380 18/10/20 07:30 AM
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/how-to-create-custom-party-members-in-baldurs-gate-3/

I can verify this works with minimal issues. No more issues so far then playing with regulars. Would be a huge mistake if Larian doesn't make this available. I have enjoyed the game much more playing with 4 custom peeps. Honestly I could never go back to the regulars NPC's.

Last edited by Thrandarian; 18/10/20 07:30 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Thrandarian
https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/how-to-create-custom-party-members-in-baldurs-gate-3/

I can verify this works with minimal issues. No more issues so far then playing with regulars. Would be a huge mistake if Larian doesn't make this available. I have enjoyed the game much more playing with 4 custom peeps. Honestly I could never go back to the regulars NPC's.

I did this too. ALso note: For me at least I had to run the directX version of the game to tab out and back in. otherwise I ended up with black screen and had to manually shut the game down with task manager

Love and sausages xx
A
stranger
stranger
A
ote

Originally Posted by Thrandarian

It works for me too, can confirm. A custom aprty of 4 is a blast. The lack of custom dialog in the cutscenes even when they "talk" is a bit off though.

Jezeus #704514 18/10/20 09:40 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I'd like to be able to do this too. No, I don't have any friends to play multiplayer with, so I too would love the object to play with my own custom characters. The only thing that would be missing is the characters having their own interaction and things.

Jezeus #704724 18/10/20 01:31 PM

+1 for custom party

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard