Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Still more blablabla because you faces reality.

The 29% could also become "don't like".

Of course it's a poll of what we see atm and it will change.
This is what players waiting for BG3 atm thinks atm (After the gameplay présentation).

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by anjovis bonus
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
They did it because it's a poll on their community general forum after the big cover they did.
On the specific game of BG3, it's 30% that says they are unhappy by Larian's direction for BG.

no, 18 percent said that they are unhappy with what Larian has put up. 30% said they don't care about the game, no reason given.

This is the poll of the general community forum.
On the specific BG3 forum it's 30%

Last edited by Maximuuus; 05/03/20 12:10 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
journeyman
journeyman

This is what players waiting for BG3 atm thinks atm (After the gameplay présentation).

Yes, 18% didn't like presentation, 52% were either hyped or interested to see more and 30% didn't care about the game to begin with (so probably didn't watch the presentation). So, mostly people are pleased and interested and only a minority are not pleased. I don't really feel like calculating the percentiles if you remove the 30% who don't care to begin with, you can do that yourself since its your source.

Last edited by anjovis bonus; 05/03/20 12:12 PM.
veteran
veteran
Hey yea... Read the stats as you wish... I won't answer you anymore because you always want to say you're right, even while you read objective statistics...

Last edited by Maximuuus; 05/03/20 12:23 PM.

journeyman
journeyman
Hey yea... Read the stats as you wish... I won't answer you anymore because you always want to say you're right, even while you read statistics...

Fine by me!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by zanos
3) A contemporary attempt to port the tabletop experience to a video game format. Now obviously this is where a lot of the opinions begin to unravel. Bioware was unable to faithfully adapt turn based combat to ADND, so they settled for RTWP. If you don't believe me, look up the old interviews. Yes, you read that correctly, the entirety of RTWP was a workaround. An innovative, genre defining workaround, but a workaround none the less that obviously has its own interpretation in the present day given that we have the capability of having a robust tabletop turn-based inspired gameplay experience that attempts to faithfully implement the tabletop experience into a video game environment.

This point is, in my opinion, very important. Not so much to respect the BG "spirit" but much more to represent the fights in this kind of game.

TB follows D&D rules much more than RTWP. It's a fact. On the other hand, and undeniably, RTWP makes it possible to visually represent the fights in a much more dynamic and alive way.

Beyond that, if it were humanly possible to manage D&D fights as the RTWP allows them to be managed, we would all do it. But we are not machines and that would put a happy mess in the fights.

So, what is valid around a table is not necessarily valid in a video game and vice versa.
And RTWP is, in my opinion, the best choice for a BGlike.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
TB/RTwP discussion is this way ---> linky

Yes, I know some people think I'm labouring the point but we'd have dozens of topics about the subject and very little else if I hadn't pinned it, so please discuss it there.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
They did it because it's a poll on their community general forum after the big cover they did.
On the specific game of BG3, it's 30% that says they are unhappy by Larian's direction for BG.

no, 18 percent said that they are unhappy with what Larian has put up. 30% said they don't care about the game, no reason given.

This is the poll of the general community forum.
On the specific BG3 forum it's 30%

Would you be so kind as to provide a link?

As someone who worked in Questionaires and polling for a living at one point I am genuinely interested and it's why I wrote what I wrote further up. The poll is alas a pretty poor indicator of anything other than for those who are hyped and those with no interest. The % in between tells you nothing buecause it has zero granularity (at least on face value).

You could put a poll up on here and say, "do you like the current Art style" with similar answer options and you would get a wide gambit of responses because people like or dislike different things. Those you love it all are likely D:OS players, those who are interested but want to see more are those who recognise the good and bad aspects of melding D:OS with BG series and the dislke answer tells you that some aspects people dislike so much not to select the 2nd option, but it doesn't tell anyone what.

The PC Gamer Poll on RTwP vs TB was much more interesting because it was precise with it's question and available answers.

journeyman
journeyman

Yes, 18% didn't like presentation, 52% were either hyped or interested to see more and 30% didn't care about the game to begin with (so probably didn't watch the presentation). So, mostly people are pleased and interested and only a minority are not pleased. I don't really feel like calculating the percentiles if you remove the 30% who don't care to begin with, you can do that yourself since its your source.

I have no stakes in a weird poll that I have no real source from (and no actual numbers) but I did the math anyways and it looks like this:

Without the 30% that don't care (Numbers are slightly rounded with ~0.4 taken from interested and divided between the two others)

33% said they are hyped.
41% said they are interrested but waited to see more
26% said they don't like what they see

Last edited by vometia; 05/03/20 03:44 PM. Reason: formatting
addict
addict
Raging fanboys as you call them (us) wouldn't rage if it was not BG"3".
But the only thing you're going to answer is "D&D rules + Forgotten Realms" again... While we explains why it is not a "3" according to us.

Hypothetically, if you had received the game of your dreams, but the title was something other than BG3 (e.g. Baldur's Gate: Return to Faerun), would you be just as upset?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Closed at request of OP.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard