Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 95 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 94 95
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by gargantua
Originally Posted by anjovis bonus
What exactly is your agenda here, kung-fu kappa? You've already said you won't buy the game, you obviously think the whole concept of a turn based baldurs gate 3 made by larian is wrong. Why are you still posting here? You will not change anyone's mind no matter how many interviews you post. If you have nothing to contribute to discussion about the game itself, why post here?

What exactly is your agenda here, anjovis? You've said you like the game, why are still you posting here? You won't change anyone's mind. If you have nothing to contribute to discussion about the game itself, why post here?

this is proof of what im saying there are ppl just joining the forum that are trolling or trying to stir mess for no reason other than shame ppl or the game itself, its obvious some ppl have multiple accounts. its obvious.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Laith
What exactly is your agenda here, kung-fu kappa? You've already said you won't buy the game, you obviously think the whole concept of a turn based baldurs gate 3 made by larian is wrong. Why are you still posting here? You will not change anyone's mind no matter how many interviews you post. If you have nothing to contribute to discussion about the game itself, why post here?

What exactly is your agenda here, anjovis? You've said you like the game, why are still you posting here? You won't change anyone's mind. If you have nothing to contribute to discussion about the game itself, why post here?

this is proof of what im saying there are ppl just joining the forum that are trolling or trying to stir mess for no reason other than shame ppl or the game itself, its obvious some ppl have multiple accounts. its obvious.

Just... LOL
Now it's a conspiracy grin

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/03/20 09:57 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
stranger
stranger
lol and how many accounts you have?

i don't care about DOS, so i never bothered to register here, not i posted any opinion about it, i'm here now b/c i saw bg3 gameplay and it sucks for me
and they should know about it from potential customer.
back in 2019 i thought they will be making continuation of baldur's gate saga in some way, which we now clearly see is not happening, what is happening is false advertising to previous games fans to have better sales, and to have generic dnd 5e game.

it would be much more honest if they just created this games as that, and not branded it bg3. no one would care.

Last edited by Dom86; 06/03/20 10:01 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dom86
i don't care about DOS, so i never bothered to register here, not i posted any opinion about it, i'm here now b/c i saw bg3 gameplay and it sucks for me and they should know about it from potential customer.

Exactly this. I too never cared about anything Larian-related previously because all of their previous sucked as far as I am concerned. When they announced making a game titled BG3, and given that I am a huge fan of the BG videogame franchise and the Forgotten Realms setting, it makes perfect sense for me to now be here.
To all totalitarians telling me I cannot be here: I'm not going anywhere.

addict
addict
You are certainly entitled to be here.

Originally Posted by kanisatha

Don't expect to get anywhere either.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Emrikol

You mean get anywhere with you. I am completely serene with that.

addict
addict

No, I mean with Larian. You're best bet is to lobby for a robust modding tool so that you can hope to have, if not RTwP added in later, at least reworked textures that look more muted or hand-drawn or whatever.

veteran
veteran

No, I mean with Larian. You're best bet is to lobby for a robust modding tool so that you can hope to have, if not RTwP added in later, at least reworked textures that look more muted or hand-drawn or whatever.

Ok. Fair enough. I appreciate the clarification. See it *is* possible for us to be civil with one another.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dom86
lol and how many accounts you have?

i don't care about DOS, so i never bothered to register here, not i posted any opinion about it, i'm here now b/c i saw bg3 gameplay and it sucks for me
and they should know about it from potential customer.
back in 2019 i thought they will be making continuation of baldur's gate saga in some way, which we now clearly see is not happening, what is happening is false advertising to previous games fans to have better sales, and to have generic dnd 5e game.

it would be much more honest if they just created this games as that, and not branded it bg3. no one would care.

The story of BG1&2 was very much finished, but the saga of the 3 and so forth is very much alive... so in what way is this false advertising?
What it is not is a direct sequel of the finished story in 2d isometric infinity engine or anything Setup to look as behave similarly, no. Is that what you were expecting?

N
old hand
old hand
N
BG3 is made by Larian Studios, the company having released the best turn based fantasy combat system ever. Why would they go for real time paused exactly? If Wizards of the Coast had wanted a RTwP system for their game, they would have contacted Obsidian instead. As a matter of fact, they didn't. So they are pretty fine with it. I even suspect this is exactly what they wanted for the sequel.

So yeah, some people will be disappointed, just like some gamers were with Cyberpunk 2077 being a FPS. But it's the studio's decision. You don't like it, you don't play the game.

Personally I don't like real time strategy for example. So I never play Age of Empires. But I don't go on their forums to complain their next game should be turn based.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Nyanko
BG3 is made by Larian Studios, the company having released the best turn based fantasy combat system ever. Why would they go for real time paused exactly? If Wizards of the Coast had wanted a RTwP system for their game, they would have contacted Obsidian instead. As a matter of fact, they didn't. So they are pretty fine with it. I even suspect this is exactly what they wanted for the sequel.

So yeah, some people will be disappointed, just like some gamers were with Cyberpunk 2077 being a FPS. But it's the studio's decision. You don't like it, you don't play the game.

Personally I don't like real time strategy for example. So I never play Age of Empires. But I don't go on their forums to complain their next game should be turn based.

if a different studio took Age of Empires and made a different game and called it Age of Empires, you'd better believe fans of Age of Empires would be on the forums expressing their opinions.

stranger
stranger
Ive replayed Bg1 and 2 countless times. Ive also played dnd most my life. Can you interact with your enviornment in bg ? can you team up with another partty member to perform coordinated actions? can you do anything other than attack or use spells? no you cant. dnd is not just about attacking and casting spells, have you tricked a lich into giving up the location of his phylactery through word games and cunning? nope you havent. in the 90s there was no way to implement or replicate these things called the adnd experience. Even in 2020 there isnt. but this game comes the closest.

This game doesnt change all of the mechanics. it is changing a few of them and its common for long running series to make gameplay changes as decades go by: assassins creed, resident evil, pokemon, dragon age. Is ff7 no longer ff7 because of the remake being action, how bout all ff games?? what about ff games that are sequels? better what about kingdom heart which is a long series with multiple entries that dont keep the same gameplay but are literal sequels...You see no one in their right mind thinks that hence why they keep selling with any of the titles ive mentioned. new zeldas still feel and play like zelda even though they're not the gameboy version. guess fallout and elder scrolls arent elder scrolls because none of the new ones play like daggerfall...pfft and they have different team/studios working on them, omg #imdying

ppl praised baldurs gate for its story telling and cliff hanger it can be. if ppl love the combat it wouldnt be modded to hell for those of us who actually play it, cant think of a friend that hasnt modded that game. its a title thats a textbook example of what a sequel is. bg was never a genre but a setting based on Dnd first and foremost. which bg3 is following. Wotc approached larian to make this, NOT the other way around you all seem to forget that major detail. Divinity took all of its ideas from ADnD and BG as inspiration which is one of the main reasons they were able to mold their system to take it even further. Being called bg3 is reasonable since its a continuation of the storyand world. the game isnt dismissing or ignoring bg from what sven said already the game is going to directly reference and what he couldnt comment on which was asked is will we see previous characters which we know we will because hes not alot allowed to speak on it. you cant make a bg game without referencing bg or using its inherent storytelling which this game has. duh. but you know "wheres rtwp? wheres my mindless button mash? not bg not bg not bg, take away liscence from larian!!" you guys are screeching from a time when barely anyone was gaming let alone rpg gaming on a PC.

Larian: makes a game based on table top rpgs like dnd and warhammer called dos.
Wizards: want to make an OFFICIAL dnd game?
Larian: Makes a TT Dnd game
Players: Is it too much like Divinity?

This is really about ppl who dislike larian. why else join the forum board if you dont like divinity? because you want to vent that you like obsidian better and that bioware which has turned to garbage and has been garbage for 20yrs is also a btter candidate to you. why? because if you really cared about the core of bg which was the storytelling and world then you wouldnt be arguing combat mechanics on a game you can do nothing about. most DA fans dont like inquisition but they liked the gameplay i gues that means theyre not real fans because the gameplay changed. btw i never said you couldnt join nor am i being an authoritarian i merely stated its obvious why newly joined members from 3-6 days ago are only here vent and troll and enjoy trying to smash on larian because theyre mad santa didnt deliver. if the shoe fits it fits replying that ppl are authoritarian only proves that since no ones barring you from posting.

Last edited by Laith; 07/03/20 05:42 AM.
journeyman
journeyman

I find it quite amusing that you registered an account for this post only.

apprentice
apprentice

Why are you saying that is amusing if a new member joined this forum? Do you really think that someone registers here just to send you a post? Why are you trying to ridicule the post creator? Please try to do constructive posts.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Wiborg Sturmfels

Why are you saying that is amusing if a new member joined this forum? Do you really think that someone registers here just to send you a post? Why are you trying to ridicule the post creator? Please try to do constructive posts.

Well I find it amusing that someone registers to just to mock me in such a childish way. I doubt that user will post much in the future.

Last edited by anjovis bonus; 07/03/20 12:00 PM.
Banned
Banned

Well I find it amusing that someone registers to just to mock me in such a childish way. I doubt that user will post much in the future.

if your behaviour weren't so childish ...

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by kungfukappa

if your behaviour weren't so childish ...

This is you ignoring me, huh

stranger
stranger

This is a false equivalency. The issue is that something was a certain way and now it isn't and people want it the way it was before. The issue is not things are a certain way and people are saying it should be different, which is what your AOE example would be. That's what the people who welcome turn-based combat would do, not the people against it.

The current issue with BG3, would be like when XCOM got a new game back in 2012, but it used real-time combat instead of turn-based. People would be rightfully upset, as they are with BG3 scrapping rtwp combat.

Last edited by H0RSE; 08/03/20 12:23 AM.

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
- Bill Hicks
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by H0RSE

This is a false equivalency. The issue is that something was a certain way and now it isn't and people want it the way it was before. The issue is not things are a certain way and people are saying it should be different, which is what your AOE example would be. That's what the people who welcome turn-based combat would do, not the people against it.

The current issue with BG3, would be like when XCOM got a new game back in 2012, but it used real-time combat instead of turn-based. People would be rightfully upset, as they are with BG3 scrapping rtwp combat.

i concur. so much this. i genuinely never heard or came across complains about RTwP more than a decade ago about Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 at all. praises of how good of it is everywhere.. and now after DOS2 became a success.. out ouf sudden every where scream BG suxs because it's RTwP. anything else doesn't matter because it's RTwP. anything RTwP and it's not D&D.

I think ANYTHING RTwP actually is a successor to Turn-Based. in 1 round it's 6 secs. you have multiple attacks per round. it's a godsend to me seeing that turn-based being accelerated. Although RTwP it's still dice-rolls. Those dice-rolls isn't so significantly shown to you on your face. but the dice rolls are there.

I WOULD have much appreciate if Larian were to innovate on the existing formula like said.. 1 Dice-Roll = 1 Round (6 secs). But no.. it's exactly same as DOS2 and hence it's being branded as DOS close.

apprentice
apprentice
They should do RTwP similar to Dragon age Origins, which was an good mix of action combat and tactics. TB will be slow and not as immersive as RTwP.
Look at Pillars of eternity II where you could choose, I bet most players went with RTwP!

Page 41 of 95 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard