Page 1 of 2 1 2
#662681 08/03/20 02:18 PM
N
Nyanko Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
I wonder if there will be romance options in the game like there are in DOS2. I would assume there will be. Or maybe counting the fact dialogues come with cutscenes this time, they didn't want to bother like CDPR did with the Witcher 3 regarding explicite sexual content. What do you guys think?

Nyanko #662688 08/03/20 02:43 PM
stranger
stranger
Larians have already confirmed that there are going to be romances. Players will be able to romance every companion - no matter the gender. One of the things which will count is the companion's personality. Some may not agree with your choices and as a result won't enter a romantic relationship. It is also worth noticing that the romances will be much more complex when compared to Divinity Original Sin 2. They want to make it deeper so that it won't just be a simple quest which awards the player with a romance.

Nyanko #662693 08/03/20 03:16 PM
stranger
stranger
And I must admit that I am very interested in how they are going to use all the new models and cutscenes for the purpose of romances. It may indeed be really intriguing.

Nyanko #662699 08/03/20 03:30 PM
Well, I can absolutely say there's no origin character I'd romance this time around (thus far). I often find romances in these games to be.. meh and awkward.. But they can be cute in a way too.

Not to be that guy, but I hope they add some attractive female companions/characters. The Cleric didn't do it for me (mostly her hair is weird) and I hope our options aren't going to be like Andromeda or Inquisition with those characters.

Ultimately, I'd prefer other content be priority, but if it's going to be there, then at least add something for us closet pervs lol

enthusiast
enthusiast
The more recent Fire Emblem titles should be up your alley then. They're turn-based too.

Originally Posted by korotama
The more recent Fire Emblem titles should be up your alley then. They're turn-based too.

If geared towards me, I'm not actually a huge fan of turn-based or RTwP. I'm more of a FPP/TPP gamer since it's what I grew up with. I think the most hours I have in games are Halo, MW2, BF3 and R6S. Though Fallout 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games of all time.

I play RTwP and turn-based games more for the fact that they tend to be the better RPGs, but not so much for the combat systems (though it's nice to feel the progression). Fire Emblem never struck me as a game I'd say, "Wow I gotta buy that". Is it a good RPG with a good story/lore?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Blade238

If geared towards me, I'm not actually a huge fan of turn-based or RTwP. I'm more of a FPP/TPP gamer since it's what I grew up with. I think the most hours I have in games are Halo, MW2, BF3 and R6S. Though Fallout 1 and 2 are some of my favorite games of all time.

I play RTwP and turn-based games more for the fact that they tend to be the better RPGs, but not so much for the combat systems (though it's nice to feel the progression). Fire Emblem never struck me as a game I'd say, "Wow I gotta buy that". Is it a good RPG with a good story/lore?

If you like court intrigue, sure but don't expect Planescape-tier writing otherwise the games will probably disappoint.

Nyanko #662719 08/03/20 04:02 PM
veteran
veteran
In Fire emblem games you can even romance the companions between each other and recruit their children (and romance the children too), It´s the romance mechanics to the Nth potency and beyond XDD
I also recommend the "Tales of" or Suikoden games if what you want is a good story/lore.

About story/lore and memorable companions? Yeah, that is the strong point of the game franchise, they give a lot of importance to that. They achieved success in most of the games.
Just to be sure, they are Japanese games so do not expect them to be similar to any POE, DOS, BG or any western RPG you may know (nor to FF games).

Last edited by _Vic_; 08/03/20 04:03 PM.
_Vic_ #662734 08/03/20 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by _Vic_
In Fire emblem games you can even romance the companions between each other and recruit their children (and romance the children too), It´s the romance mechanics to the Nth potency and beyond XDD
I also recommend the "Tales of" or Suikoden games if what you want is a good story/lore.

About story/lore and memorable companions? Yeah, that is the strong point of the game franchise, they give a lot of importance to that. They achieved success in most of the games.
Just to be sure, they are Japanese games so do not expect them to be similar to any POE, DOS, BG or any western RPG you may know (nor to FF games).

I enjoy JRPGs and the grind, maybe I'll give it a go, but right now I'm still playing through my backlog of games (I bought a dozen games at Black Friday).

Nyanko #662739 08/03/20 04:46 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Romances are confirmed in Baldur's Gate 3 but I think we are also able to have one night stands also I was watching a video on some news about Baldur's Gate 3 about doing the nasty with a goblin

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
Romances are confirmed in Baldur's Gate 3 but I think we are also able to have one night stands also I was watching a video on some news about Baldur's Gate 3 about doing the nasty with a goblin

I'm glad the budget is going towards implementing things every gamer ought to appreciate.

enthusiast
enthusiast

I'm glad the budget is going towards implementing things every gamer ought to appreciate.

Yup one of the most common things to do in tabletop dnd is I seduce the monster it would be kind of funny later on in the story to find out that the goblin had your child lol

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...

Yup one of the most common things to do in tabletop dnd is I seduce the monster it would be kind of funny later on in the story to find out that the goblin had your child lol

*Insert Goblin Slayer meme*

Nyanko #662777 08/03/20 08:04 PM
journeyman
journeyman
One thing I had heard, and I don't recall where, is that companions will be getting into relationships with each other. So a potential love triangle may evolve!

For example Cleric tries seducing the wizard, wizard tries seducing the vampire spawn, vampire spawn tries seducing the cleric. That would be an hilarious and fun event! Might frustrate someone if they really wanted to enter a relationship with the cleric and was being rejected due to her interest in the Wizard, but if this were randomly decided from the start it would add an interesting dynamic.

enthusiast
enthusiast

King: No! No! No! We said SLAY the dragon!
Dragonborn child, looking at the adventurer: Daddy?

Eguzky #662782 08/03/20 08:28 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Eguzky

King: No! No! No! We said SLAY the dragon!
Dragonborn child, looking at the adventurer: Daddy?

Lol

Nyanko #663542 12/03/20 11:32 PM
addict
addict
I'm not too interested in this myself, but for those who are, an answer from Swen:

Will there be romances? If yes, can we romance a mind flayer? Will romances only affect companions? Are NPCs going to have their own sexual orientation?

Yes there will be romances. Like in real life, it’s best to discover yourself how they work.

Emrikol #663573 13/03/20 01:38 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Emrikol
I'm not too interested in this myself, but for those who are, an answer from Swen:

Will there be romances? If yes, can we romance a mind flayer? Will romances only affect companions? Are NPCs going to have their own sexual orientation?

Yes there will be romances. Like in real life, it’s best to discover yourself how they work.

The only thing for sure we now about the romances in BG3 is we can romance any of the companions I think npcs are just going to be one night stands

#663898 14/03/20 10:39 PM
journeyman
journeyman
We know both BG and DOS series have romance options, so probably romance will be back in BG3.

I think it's in interesting area that should be further developed in such a next-gen title as BG3.

What do you thing about these ideas:

- to introduce soft sex animations (something close to Witcher3)?
- to be able to have multiple or simultaneous romances?
- to be able to cheat on one romance partner with another, and then have a mini game around that?
- to be able to get married and have kids?
- should we still have prostitutes like in DOS? (not sure if BG had those)
- to have areas where different race relationships or homosexuality are forbidden, and areas which are open to such relationships? (i.e. in one town you can have an open affection to your different race partner, but if you do that in another town they burn you on the stake)

I know these proposals may look outlandish but such options would greatly add to the depth and immersion of the game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Here is a quote from Larian Studios AMA on NPCs romances

While romance is in, there will be other kinds of relationships: “NPCs and companions might become friends, partners, uncomfortable allies… or your worst enemies.”

Personally I would like to have NPCs romances in Baldur's Gate 3 this can add more depth to Baldur's Gate 3 lets say your romance lives in Baldur's Gate city and it is in danger this will give you more reason to want to keep the city of Baldur's Gate safe just to add that Pathfinder Kingmaker lets you romances NPCs and Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous will be adding more like romancing Queen of Mendev maybe she will show us the way lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard