Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
addict
OP Offline
addict
F
So, I guess we'll see Italy style lockdowns sweep across the continent.

Lets do BG3 early access while we're under "limit social contacts" mode of operation.

<3

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
enthusiast
enthusiast
Not even remotely funny. People are stocking up on food, medicine, clothes etc. Unless there is some sort of government or central bank-sponsored stimulus, luxury and non-essential products will not see much demand.

veteran
veteran
Meh. Put me under a lock for two weeks, and I might finally find some time to make a dent in Kingmaker. Not that I would wish for that to happen.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by korotama
Not even remotely funny. People are stocking up on food, medicine, clothes etc. Unless there is some sort of government or central bank-sponsored stimulus, luxury and non-essential products will not see much demand.

I agree that it's not funny to laugh at people affected, but making light of bad situations is a coping mechanism, and disrespect is not intended.

Heck; I'm homeless, and the virus has hit my state in the USA. I sleep in a room with 19 others guys, beside a room of 20 women. The men all share a single shower in a bathroom with 2 toilets, the women have a bathroom with 1 shower and 1 toilet. And we're forced to leave the shelter at 9 AM every morning until 4 PM every evening.
The stores here are out of hand sanitizer, too. heck, the CVS where I get my meds has a police officer on duty in it.

This game could very well be my last hurrah, but I'mma go down playing it! smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Eguzky

I agree that it's not funny to laugh at people affected, but making light of bad situations is a coping mechanism, and disrespect is not intended.

Heck; I'm homeless, and the virus has hit my state in the USA. I sleep in a room with 19 others guys, beside a room of 20 women. The men all share a single shower in a bathroom with 2 toilets, the women have a bathroom with 1 shower and 1 toilet. And we're forced to leave the shelter at 9 AM every morning until 4 PM every evening.
The stores here are out of hand sanitizer, too. heck, the CVS where I get my meds has a police officer on duty in it.

This game could very well be my last hurrah, but I'mma go down playing it! smile

Stay safe and after that and anything else you need, I hope BG3 gives you all the pleasure you could hope for.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Riandor

Stay safe and after that and anything else you need, I hope BG3 gives you all the pleasure you could hope for.

Thank you smile
Yeah, I was head of household, so while it was my sister/roommate who decided to not pay her part of the rent, it's on MY name, so I can't get an apartment until I pay it off. -.-

But I will trundle on, and enjoy a good game now & then when I can afford 'em! And I'm totally saving up to get Baldur's gate 3!

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't get all mushy on people so I'll be blunt.. might wanna save up to pay off your debt instead. I hope your next roommate will be a more reliable person.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't get all mushy on people so I'll be blunt.. might wanna save up to pay off your debt instead. I hope your next roommate will be a more reliable person.

I'm doing both, trust me. Paying off the rent is the most important but doing NOTHING while I do that would be bad for my mental health. I'd be sleeping at night, walking the town during the day (or staying at the nearby grocers for wi-wi), and only thinking about the debt my sister left me with? No, thank you.

Doing one does not prevent me from doing the other. I just have to plan on saving up instead of just buying it when it comes out.

Edit: And I'm not going to have anymore roommates.
My first one took advantage of me, fractured my ribs, and broke 8 of my teeth while convincing me I was a failure & draining my bank account over the course of 6 years.
The second one (my sis) could not pay her part of the rent without being treated like a child. She has left me ALL the debt and does not even offer to pay for half the storage fees that hold BOTH our furniture.

I'll quite happily live alone. I'm all roommate'd out.

Last edited by Eguzky; 10/03/20 10:53 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Is there a library nearby? Reading is great too. Yeah, I guess life hasn't pulled any punches on you. I say a prayer every night. Sounds like you've got a plan. Good luck, mate. Excuse the lack of conjunctions.

Last edited by korotama; 10/03/20 11:01 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Is there a library nearby? Reading is great too. Yeah, I guess life hasn't pulled any punches on you. I say a prayer every night. Sounds like you've got a plan. Good luck, mate. Excuse the lack of conjunctions.

Thank you smile And yeah; my kindle (long may it not break; thing is OLD), is connected to my local library and an app on my laptop. If I..ah..find a PDF of a book I really enjoy, I can download it and transfer it to my kindle.

stranger
stranger
I am italian and I'd like to go back to gym, work and other activities again instead of being placed under quarantine just to have some time to play videogames.
Situation here is so bad that we dont have enough man power, machines and hospitals to heal everyone who is infected, especially in the northern part of my country doctors are sending home old men and women infected by this virus, basically sending them to die, because they're prioritizing to heal infected younger people who have more chances to survive, since there's still no cure for this disease yet.
There is really nothing funny about that unfortunately.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kuruz
I am italian and I'd like to go back to gym, work and other activities again instead of being placed under quarantine just to have some time to play videogames.
Situation here is so bad that we dont have enough man power, machines and hospitals to heal everyone who is infected, especially in the northern part of my country doctors are sending home old men and women infected by this virus, basically sending them to die, because they're prioritizing to heal infected younger people who have more chances to survive, since there's still no cure for this disease yet.
There is really nothing funny about that unfortunately.

I am sorry to hear that, and my prayers do go out to those affected. I can't exactly watch TV, so all I know is 'It's bad' until I read posts such as yours.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

Seems it's the people who need it least and are the least vulnerable who are hoarding stuff that won't even help anyway, so the actually sick, disabled and infirm are finding that everything from toilet roll to anti-bacterial wipes is sold out and all the home delivery slots are booked up. The media's love of apocalyptic-sounding scare stories is probably more dangerous than the virus itself.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia

Seems it's the people who need it least and are the least vulnerable who are hoarding stuff that won't even help anyway, so the actually sick, disabled and infirm are finding that everything from toilet roll to anti-bacterial wipes is sold out and all the home delivery slots are booked up. The media's love of apocalyptic-sounding scare stories is probably more dangerous than the virus itself.

I am 100% in agreement. The hysteria could have been significantly been toned down had the media stopped with its 28 days later rhetoric.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia

To true I was watching Good Morning Britain this morning and all there was talking about was how bad the coronavirus could be the only person I am worried is my father do to him being over 60 years old and having diabetes even though I am disabled myself

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
stranger
stranger
Stuck at home for 4 weeks in France, can we got the early access soon ? Plenty of time to test things.
I will start with Wasteland 3 on tuesday the 17th, but i will prefer to have a look to BG3 before the end of the world.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The game was barely in pre-alpha only a few weeks ago. It's nowhere near playable at the moment. On a scale of 'written on a napkin' to 'Fully playable', a pre-alpha is 'we went from napkins to actual paper!' smile

enthusiast
enthusiast

enthusiast
enthusiast
Tick season is soon, here. Could have a Corona with Lyme.

(I'll boo myself for that)

veteran
veteran

(I'll boo myself for that)

I'n going to boo you as well because the Corona is disgusting piss.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard