Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Originally Posted by wpmaura
Originally Posted by Riandor
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
Swen says the jump was helped by the Tadpole... Mindflayers have psionics and this is a special tadpole.

I am assuming the tadpole is assisting the mage hand also. We will have to wait and see if that is the case.

so only the pc can jump that far or every npc you get is infected.

They all could from what I saw.
In some instances it wasn't necesary because unlike a certain Vampire wannabe, they could walk through the water, but all could jump with the same slightly goofy animation (hope they improve it and have an alternative should we be rid of the tadpole and want to jump)

so the plot is we only find tadpole npcs to help us that way they can justify the hulk super jump and all the other crazy enhanced abilities. I really hope thats not that case. its weak ass writing to me.

We don't know. I am not sure it is wise to assume anything at this point.
It does look like at the beginning these are the first NPC's available to us for partying up with, but from what I have seen, we have the right to not team up with them, or you know, murder them in their sleep!! I am sure we will meet other NPC's over the course of the story without the tadpole, but for know at least, it appears to be a plot device to get a party started. As has been stated, animations are very much a work in progress.

Last edited by Riandor; 11/03/20 02:26 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Riandor
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
Swen says the jump was helped by the Tadpole... Mindflayers have psionics and this is a special tadpole.

I am assuming the tadpole is assisting the mage hand also. We will have to wait and see if that is the case.

so only the pc can jump that far or every npc you get is infected.

They all could from what I saw.
In some instances it wasn't necesary because unlike a certain Vampire wannabe, they could walk through the water, but all could jump with the same slightly goofy animation (hope they improve it and have an alternative should we be rid of the tadpole and want to jump)

so the plot is we only find tadpole npcs to help us that way they can justify the hulk super jump and all the other crazy enhanced abilities. I really hope thats not that case. its weak ass writing to me.

it is indeed. really hating that hulk jump it looks plain silly. and all those VFX seems like over the top overkill.

journeyman
journeyman

Limited telepathy I kinda understand, ilithid are telepathic. But super-jumps? That's not really a iIlithid thing.
The tadpoles are supposed to be EATING YOUR BRAIN, how does that grant you super-jumping?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ellderon
Limited telepathy I kinda understand, ilithid are telepathic. But super-jumps? That's not really a iIlithid thing.
The tadpoles are supposed to be EATING YOUR BRAIN, how does that grant you super-jumping?

Illithid can levitate at will, an ability that defies gravity a bit - but not as permanent as levitation - would be explainable then as well for characters with tadpoles.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard