Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#663449 12/03/20 01:02 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I am super excited to return to Baldur's Gate after all these years, but I was wondering if anyone else would like to RP once it comes out?
If your interested in RP drop a comment bellow and we can all connect!

I usually roleplay online some of it's here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmobU6hi6Q9PWP1kfYDA-WQ
journeyman
journeyman
Well it depends on what you mean.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Madaras
Well it depends on what you mean.

Roleplaying, playing characters and exploring a story together.
Roleplaying like what you will do in a D&D group.

I usually roleplay online some of it's here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmobU6hi6Q9PWP1kfYDA-WQ
journeyman
journeyman
So you mean while playing the game co-op. If that's the case I'm in.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I think he means the text-based roleplay. It's a thing and can be quite immersive. Personally I lack the talent and staying power but I can see it possibly taking off with others.

J'aime le fromage.
Yaaaaaas. Nerds unite <3

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well I am planning on getting into DND table top games I just got my first lot of DND miniatures yesterday sadly I will be having a home visit from the benefits so I have to put off buying DND books until I am sure that the benefit place will not mess up my benefits again this is why I hate being on benefits but do to being disabled I really don't have a choice on the matter frown

Miniatures
[Linked Image]

Demon Lord Orcus Custom Made Miniature
[Linked Image]

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
journeyman
journeyman
I played a D&D game online an age ago and it turned out very good. We had a great DM. So if anyone wants to start one i'm down.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger

In what ever way we might want! Cool to have more people to play with!

Originally Posted by vometia
I think he means the text-based roleplay. It's a thing and can be quite immersive. Personally I lack the talent and staying power but I can see it possibly taking off with others.

Well you could just appear as a temporary character in another group if you felt like, you don't need to have a super tight schedual or something, someone could just pop up a server and have it for casual RPG!

Originally Posted by Goldberry
Yaaaaaas. Nerds unite <3

Yeeesss! More RP!

Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
Well I am planning on getting into DND table top games I just got my first lot of DND miniatures yesterday sadly I will be having a home visit from the benefits so I have to put off buying DND books until I am sure that the benefit place will not mess up my benefits again this is why I hate being on benefits but do to being disabled I really don't have a choice on the matter frown

Those are some Awesume Mini's! Well if you wanna join in on this if its affordable then that could be a temp solution!

I'll make a list for people who might want to join, what Timezones are people in? That might help in Organizing!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TerrorBlades

In what ever way we might want! Cool to have more people to play with!

Originally Posted by vometia

Well you could just appear as a temporary character in another group if you felt like, you don't need to have a super tight schedual or something, someone could just pop up a server and have it for casual RPG!

Originally Posted by Goldberry
Yaaaaaas. Nerds unite <3

Yeeesss! More RP!

Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock

Those are some Awesume Mini's! Well if you wanna join in on this if its affordable then that could be a temp solution!

I'll make a list for people who might want to join, what Timezones are people in? That might help in Organizing!

Cool I was planning on going to a adventure league but my home visit has put a stop to that

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
[quote=TheInfinitySock
Cool I was planning on going to a adventure league but my home visit has put a stop to that[/quote]
Thats a shame :(, what Timezone are you in btw?

Actually that goes to everyone, I'm in GMT +1 but can do most times(Job schedule pending ofc)!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Does anyone know what the Roleplaying possibilities we will have in the game?

I am most definitely the roleplaying type!

apprentice
apprentice
As long as the Multiplayer component works good for it I am down. I used to RP in NWN back in the day all the time. I've never been
able to find another game since then that allows me to immerse like that since though. Sadly enough if BG3 is gonna be as restricted as D:OS 2
in Multiplayer I probably wont though. I want my Character to be persistent between servers if not persistent servers themselves.
Heres hoping for the best!

Last edited by Ser Varnell; 29/03/20 10:37 PM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Oh its so great to see people come together for RP!
Originally Posted by Ser Varnell
As long as the Multiplayer component works good for it I am down. I used to RP in NWN back in the day all the time. I've never been
able to find another game since then that allows me to immerse like that since though. Sadly enough if BG3 is gonna be as restricted as D:OS 2
in Multiplayer I probably wont though. I want my Character to be persistent between servers if not persistent servers themselves.
Heres hoping for the best!

I'm hoping that we can save our characters and just send them from server to server.
A persistent server would be super cool.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard