Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
veteran
veteran
S
just a thought

Total War Warahmmer pretty much has that problem with GW pulling them on a tight leash.

Sordak #659962 29/02/20 09:17 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sordak
just a thought

Total War Warahmmer pretty much has that problem with GW pulling them on a tight leash.

That's a different issue, and largely about the 3d assets - mod tools still exist.

S
veteran
veteran
S
could be a simmilar situation, if youre still fighting with the rights holder over WHAT can be imported and exported (youll probably have to export meshes in order to do thngs like add new hairstyles etc.) you probably wont talk about what kind of mod tolls youll have

old hand
old hand
Too funny I was just coming to see if there is talk about mods and gm'ing, if they were going to expand upon DOS2.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Too funny I was just coming to see if there is talk about mods and gm'ing, if they were going to expand upon DOS2.

the correct work would be "useful"

veteran
veteran
https://youtu.be/jD5iycL9Kx8?t=566

What Swen said, about mod support: it's a big thing, we will leave everything open and we will see, because it's a big thing.

(I mean, it's already there so am slightly confused, but I suppose that I'm glad it's not a flat out "NO")

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 01/03/20 05:37 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The engine has been updated to 4.0 and they might have updated the tools they are using, but at the same time not taken the time to make all the tools function together easily (user-friendly for us to use). So right now it isn't viable as their time is focused mainly on the game part, the toolset may come later.

veteran
veteran
4.0? that's quite precise.

Dark_Ansem #660321 01/03/20 09:00 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
4.0? that's quite precise.

Sorry I meant to look up the video and posted. I forgot.

So now here it is. I hope it links right this time. @2:44

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/yZPj83H38bs?t=164[/video] This will take you to the spot on the video, the one below starts at beginning.

FYI WOTC absolutly encourages mods and your own ruleset and even allows people to sell and make money on there own rule sets.

veteran
veteran
After re-watching the gameplay video I'm getting really hopeful for a toolset. Interesting what was said "only 30% of the Divinity Engine is the same", so apparently this new one is much more sophisticated.

I wish some of the previous toolset shortcomings were addressed, namely the impossibility of adding custom audio. Or great difficulty in importing assets.

S
veteran
veteran
S
man i just want peresistant worlds.

I know they wont do it.
but i unironically thinkt his engine is perfect for them.
i actually think the "turn basd combat existing in a real time map" would be the best way to implement turn based combat in a multiplayer setting and id just love to see it happening

addict
addict
From the Reddit AMA:

1) Will Baldur's Gate 3 be moddable? If so, is it possible for modders to add in new locations/companions in the main storyline or add in new UI?

We're focusing first on developing and finishing the main campaign, once we have some space, we can talk about that.

Will there be a Dungeon Master mode in Baldur's Gate 3, similar to the one you had for Divinity Original Sin 2? I really enjoyed it and with the Dnd rules it would have even more potential.

When we built GM mode for Original Sin, we were of course thinking of D&D and how long it had been since anyone had made such a mode. So yeah it'd make a lot of sense, but we're focusing on developing the game first at the moment...

Not very encouraging, at least for release. I really hope they don't drop the ball on this.

Emrikol #663614 13/03/20 09:46 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Emrikol
From the Reddit AMA:

1) Will Baldur's Gate 3 be moddable? If so, is it possible for modders to add in new locations/companions in the main storyline or add in new UI?

We're focusing first on developing and finishing the main campaign, once we have some space, we can talk about that.

Will there be a Dungeon Master mode in Baldur's Gate 3, similar to the one you had for Divinity Original Sin 2? I really enjoyed it and with the Dnd rules it would have even more potential.

When we built GM mode for Original Sin, we were of course thinking of D&D and how long it had been since anyone had made such a mode. So yeah it'd make a lot of sense, but we're focusing on developing the game first at the moment...

Not very encouraging, at least for release. I really hope they don't drop the ball on this.

I mean, no need to see it all doom and gloom. At least they agree.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Thanks for the feedback of the AMA reddit on this particular point since i've missed the event.

I'll continue to watch over this game but with caution.
Really love what they done on DOS2 so.... i'm a little afraid to jump into BG with the same expectations and be disappointed.

But they have many months to reassure us until the final release. smile

veteran
veteran
Do they?

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I’m a positive guy. laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Storyteller
I’m a positive guy. laugh

Ha! Well I can respect that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well if you lot are looking for a good toolset in a DND video game you are better off looking at NWN1 and NWN2 I mean these game are made to make your own stuff

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I've played a lot to NWN ( 1 and 2 ) in the past, but now it's a little "out-dated" ( but yeah, very good for their era ) , DoS2 was a good "recent" alternative, this is "why" i hooked up with larian games in the first time. smile

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard