Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
After doing a cartload of research on the game's lore,I have one question to ask: What plaxes shall we explore on our adventure to defeat the Mindfalyers?

The Cultural differences of each race and how they respond is something that I hope to see when playing ( if there is a ps4 version ).

I could start rambling about how thus is an opportunity for diverse story progression and Romance options, though my gut tells me that thus thread is long enough already.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Sorry pal but it looks like it is not coming to ps4 or xbox one the next generation consoles might be getting BG3

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
S
veteran
veteran
S
chances are well be going to hell eventually

addict
addict
Yeah, no PS4.

The best you might get in this regard (if I understand you correctly) is that there will be dialogue responses unique to each race (as in DOS2).

S
veteran
veteran
S
well it depends on how many races we get.
I guess races like gith will, given the nature of the story, be given some love.
I dont think that a Duergar will get a lot of specific responses.

Personally i hope drow will be handled like undead in OS2, maybe also tying into the Reputation system. so instead of it beeing a trivial nuisance like in OS2, it would eb an actual risk factor

veteran
veteran
I got a feeling, a hunch, that we *may* end up in Baldur's Gate, even if in passing by. Don't count on it tho, I may be mistaken.

old hand
old hand
Baldur's Gate, Elthurel, Fort Morninglord (guess), the Underdark, Lantan (Guess).

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So...Time to start saving up for a ps5,BG3 and a potential DOS2 next gen console edition after doom eternal.

Well at least I'm not ranting about anything at this moment.

journeyman
journeyman
My money is on the Underdark being a significant locale.

We know that there will be Drow and Half-Drow character races and that Mindflayers like the Underdark... so it's hard to imagine that we wouldn't visit it at some point.

Later, I could see some high level trips to the Far Realm, where we'd have to deal with the Elder Brain that's behind the Mind Flayers.

veteran
veteran
Well there´ll be mind flayers and there is a spelljammer in the intro sequence, so I hope for travel to the planes, and to the great city of Sigil, I hope.

Mike Merle also said that they take the module "Descent into Avernus" as a somehow prequel of things to come, so maybe we will visit Avernus?

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard