Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nalf
Originally Posted by BladeDancer
We will probably meet Drizzt or Elminster, or even Jarlaxle (all were present as npcs in BG2), as they are a very known characters from Faerun. But if i had to choose , i would love to have Korgan , Viconia and Edwin again as companions laugh

Korgan might show up, dwarves live for 350 years, and I don't think he was that old in BG2, maybe 196? I'm not sure about Viconia, though. Whether you romance her or not, her future does not guarantee her survival into the 5th Edition time frame, being a target of the Spider Queen and all. I like to think Edwin may have found a way to become a lich.

Didn't Edwin turn into a female after he foolishly challenged Elminster? anyway, i'm pretty sure we wont see these characters or any other Bg 1&2 characters for that matter. Maybe Minsc, since he became very iconic. I just hope that the new companions will be as memorable as the BG ones, or at least close.

Even though Elminster turned Edwin into a woman it is never said what happened to his powers wizards can live for a really long time also with the hole spellplague thing even if Elminster made it where Edwin can't cast spells anymore the spellplague changes things so it' not impossible for Edwin to make a comeback alive or dead male or female

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
We will probably meet Drizzt or Elminster, or even Jarlaxle (all were present as npcs in BG2), as they are a very known characters from Faerun. But if i had to choose , i would love to have Korgan , Viconia and Edwin again as companions laugh

Korgan might show up, dwarves live for 350 years, and I don't think he was that old in BG2, maybe 196? I'm not sure about Viconia, though. Whether you romance her or not, her future does not guarantee her survival into the 5th Edition time frame, being a target of the Spider Queen and all. I like to think Edwin may have found a way to become a lich.

Didn't Edwin turn into a female after he foolishly challenged Elminster? anyway, i'm pretty sure we wont see these characters or any other Bg 1&2 characters for that matter. Maybe Minsc, since he became very iconic. I just hope that the new companions will be as memorable as the BG ones, or at least close.

I'm confident that Coran, the womanizing elf will be in the game, since he along with Minsc have been confirmed to still be around. A recent D&D comic book revealed that Coran has become one of the noblemen of Baldur's Gate, a member of the Parliament of Peers, an advisory council that holds governance over the city of Baldur's Gate.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

I'm confident that Coran, the womanizing elf will be in the game, since he along with Minsc have been confirmed to still be around. A recent D&D comic book revealed that Coran has become one of the noblemen of Baldur's Gate, a member of the Parliament of Peers, an advisory council that holds governance over the city of Baldur's Gate.

Cool but it might be his son Krydle that joins the party

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock

Aha! So you have read the comics! Very few people know Coran has a son now. If Krydle joins the party, then definitely Minsc will too, because apparently they know each other.

Last edited by BladeDancer; 12/03/20 11:55 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

Aha! So you have read the comics! Very few people know Coran has a son now. If Krydle joins the party, then definitely Minsc will too, because apparently they know each other.

I have not read the comics yet but I am planning on reading them I got my info on forgotten realms wiki

I have not read the comics yet but I am planning on reading them I got my info on forgotten realms wiki

That's a good place to look up information on anything relating to the Forgotten Realms.

veteran
veteran
Answers from the AMA in reddit. Sven Vincke said:

"Let me just say that we touch upon the story of BG 1 & 2 in meaningful ways, there are returning characters and what happened in BG 1/2/tob leads to what happens into BG3. You won’t necessarily see that at the start of the adventure but you will quickly understand once you get further into the game."

So I understand we would see some cameos in the game =P

sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/fhk1u3/im_swen_vincke_creative_director_at_larian/fkbwcis/

About comebacks, Minsc (in Murder in baldur´s gate he was petrified but alive), but I also hope to find a descendant of the Jansens and I hope for an Imoen appearance =D

Misc does not only appear in the comics, but also he is referenced in the official WOTC module DiA, so I think the fact that the bearer of the boot of justice is alive and kicking; it´s canon. I hope he appears in BG3 too.

Last edited by _Vic_; 13/03/20 03:51 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Aerie and Viconia are elf and drow. They should both still be alive after 100 years. Unless they killed each other of course XD

Last edited by Nyanko; 13/03/20 03:44 AM.
stranger
stranger
If you ask what to bring, bring Lilarcor. Well it is not directly a character, but it can tell storys from its past journeys ;).

T
T
Edwin as a lich would be pretty cool tbqh

journeyman
journeyman
They said its gonna be a mature game so maybe we can get a jarring sex scene with viconia straight out of uncanny valley

Even though Elminster turned Edwin into a woman it is never said what happened to his powers wizards can live for a really long time also with the hole spellplague thing even if Elminster made it where Edwin can't cast spells anymore the spellplague changes things so it' not impossible for Edwin to make a comeback alive or dead male or female

A spellscarred Edwin(a). Hmm...

Originally Posted by Nyanko
Aerie and Viconia are elf and drow. They should both still be alive after 100 years. Unless they killed each other of course XD

Lolth the Spider Queen killed Viconia after throne of Bhaal. Remember that Viconia was being hunted for her defiance and blatant disrespect to Lolth in Menzoberranzan. She doesn't forget traitors.

S
veteran
veteran
S
wasnt she confirmed to be alive?

Originally Posted by Sordak
wasnt she confirmed to be alive?

No...? If she was, I'd know for sure, I keep up with everything Forgotten Realms related in D&D.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard