Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
For anybody who wants to know what patrons there might get for the great old one warlocks in BG3 here is the full list of them

Ityak-Ortheel, the Elf-Eater
Dendar, the Night Serpent
Borem of the Lake of Boiling Mud
Kezef, the Chaos Hound
Zargon, the Returner
Carmnod, the Unseen
Holashner, the Hunger Below
Piscaethces, the Blood Queen
Shothotugg, the Eater of Worlds
Y'chak, the Violet Flame
Bolothamogg, Who Watches from Beyond the Stars
Hargut, of the Gray Pestilence
Haask, the Voice of Hargut
Ragnorra, the Mother of Monsters
The Hulks of Zoretha
Kyuss, the Worm That Walks
Tharizdun, the Elder Elemental Eye
Atropus, the World Born Dead
Pandorym, the Utter Annihilation
Haemnathuun, the Blood lord
Maram of the Great Spear
Tyranthraxus, the Flamed One
The Queen of Chaos
Father Llymic, the Alien Thought Given Flesh
Zargon, the Returner
Ghaunadaur, That Which Lurks

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
veteran
veteran
Zargon huh, where is lord Freeza?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

Making his album lol

Dragonball Z Abridged MUSIC: Freeza - Just Give Up!

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
apprentice
apprentice
That Which Lurks

Easy choice.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Exclusif
That Which Lurks

Easy choice.

The main problem I have with Ghaunadaur is that I am not sure if he is a elder evil or not it is not unheard of for a deity to become a elder evil I mean Kyuss was a demigod but ended up becoming a elder evil but Ghaunadaur could have just lost his mind when he want to the far realms I really wish that there would say for sure that Ghaunadaur is a elder evil or just a crazy deity I do find it odd that he has the war domain

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
Originally Posted by Exclusif
That Which Lurks

Easy choice.

The main problem I have with Ghaunadaur is that I am not sure if he is a elder evil or not it is not unheard of for a deity to become a elder evil I mean Kyuss was a demigod but ended up becoming a elder evil but Ghaunadaur could have just lost his mind when he want to the far realms I really wish that there would say for sure that Ghaunadaur is a elder evil or just a crazy deity I do find it odd that he has the war domain

I think Ghaunadar is a God who merged with an Elder Evkl some how so he's both, or perhaps he has a paradox at his heart, two seperate histories, both equally true, one where he is ancient Elder Evil and one where he was a twice punished former member of the Seldarine, now member of the Dark Seldarine and worshipped by the Drow, Slimes, Aberrants and those deseperate or insane to make deals with him.

old hand
old hand
For anybody who wants to know what patrons there might get for the great old one warlocks in BG3 here is the full list of them

Kezef, the Chaos Hound
Zargon, the Returner
Carmnod, the Unseen
Piscaethces, the the Blood Queen
Hhothotugg, the Eater of Worlds
Y'chak, the Violet Flame
The Hulks of Zoretha
Maram of the Great Spear
The Queen of Chaos
Zargon, the Returner

I love that Tyranthraxus might be a choice, it would be an amazing call back to Pool of Radiance and its sequels. I mean folks are expecting call backs to BG1&2, but having one big one for Pool of Radiance would be awesome as well.

I'm also fond of Atropus, an Atropal that is the size of an evil moon, immune to divine magic, last seen waging war against Glyph, the Mindflayer world in Realmspace. Atropal could be the thing that even the Mindflayers are afraid of and the big bad of BG4.

Pandorym, who was the Imaskari nuclear option, who they split into two parts, his mind and his body. He was meant to protect them from the Mulan Gods, but the Imaskar seemed to decide that having their nation destroyed was preferable unleashing something that was dangerous to the material plane itself.

Haask, the Voice of Hargut (who is an ancient Batrachi Lord (of the Doppelganger variety), who used to rule over a Minotaur Kindgom until the Dead Three fused him to the Elder Evil Hargut.

Tharizidun is the source of the Abyssal Plague that effected multiple worlds inclusing Nerath, Toril, and Athas.

Maram of the Lost Spear is said to be one of the Seven Lost Gods.

Ragnorra is an Al Qadim Goddess, which is set to the South East of Faerun in Zakhara. So this is the Second Deity/Elder Evil.

Kyuss really belongs in Greyhawk, he has no connection that I know if to Toril or Realmspace.

Piscaethces, the Blood Queen is also a God I believe.

Dendar is certain to be in if Yuan Ti Purebloods are.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Kezef, the Chaos Hound
Zargon, the Returner
Carmnod, the Unseen
Y'chak, the Violet Flame
The Hulks of Zoretha
Maram of the Great Spear
The Queen of Chaos
Zargon, the Returner

I love that Tyranthraxus might be a choice, it would be an amazing call back to Pool of Radiance and its sequels. I mean folks are expecting call backs to BG1&2, but having one big one for Pool of Radiance would be awesome as well.

I'm also fond of Atropus, an Atropal that is the size of an evil moon, immune to divine magic, last seen waging war against Glyph, the Mindflayer world in Realmspace. Atropal could be the thing that even the Mindflayers are afraid of and the big bad of BG4.

Pandorym, who was the Imaskari nuclear option, who they split into two parts, his mind and his body. He was meant to protect them from the Mulan Gods, but the Imaskar seemed to decide that having their nation destroyed was preferable unleashing something that was dangerous to the material plane itself.

Haask, the Voice of Hargut (who is an ancient Batrachi Lord (of the Doppelganger variety), who used to rule over a Minotaur Kindgom until the Dead Three fused him to the Elder Evil Hargut.

Tharizidun is the source of the Abyssal Plague that effected multiple worlds inclusing Nerath, Toril, and Athas.

Ragnorra is an Al Qadim Goddess, which is set to the South East of Faerun in Zakhara. So this is the Second Deity/Elder Evil.

Kyuss really belongs in Greyhawk, he has no connection that I know if to Toril or Realmspace.

Well the dead three are in BG3 so we might have Haask, the Voice of Hargut as our patron thanks for telling me about some of the info on Haask and the dead three smile

old hand
old hand

Kezef, the Chaos Hound
Zargon, the Returner
Carmnod, the Unseen
Y'chak, the Violet Flame
The Hulks of Zoretha
Maram of the Great Spear
The Queen of Chaos
Zargon, the Returner

Well the dead three are in BG3 so we might have Haask, the Voice of Hargut as our patron thanks for telling me about some of the info on Haask and the dead three smile

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Haask,_Voice_of_Hargut

Haask would offer power to any true enemy of Bane, Bhaal, and Mrykul as revenge for what the Dead Three did to him.

I mean before the dead three came along he was fighting to protect his Kingdom, even if using Hargut was clearly a war crime.

https://the-realm-of-wonder.fandom.com/wiki/Grong-Haap

Last edited by Omegaphallic; 22/03/20 02:45 AM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

Kezef, the Chaos Hound
Zargon, the Returner
Carmnod, the Unseen
Y'chak, the Violet Flame
The Hulks of Zoretha
Maram of the Great Spear
The Queen of Chaos
Zargon, the Returner

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Haask,_Voice_of_Hargut

Haask would offer power to any true enemy of Bane, Bhaal, and Mrykul as revenge for what the Dead Three did to him.

I mean before the dead three came along he was fighting to protect his Kingdom, even if using Hargut was clearly a war crime.

I can so see him being in BG3 but we will just have to wait and see smile

veteran
veteran

Making his album lol

Glorious!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

Making his album lol

Glorious!

Well Freeza has to pay the bills some how having a empire is not cheep lol

Bolothamogg, Who Watches from Beyond the Stars sounds cool...

Last edited by The Drow Warlock; 23/03/20 11:20 AM.
old hand
old hand
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Elder_Evil

In addition to Elemental evils of various types, it seems some Primordials like Ubtao and Telos can also offer Great Old One Pacts.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

In addition to Elemental evils of various types, it seems some Primordials like Ubtao and Telos can also offer Great Old One Pacts.

Would that make Demogorgon a possibility for a great old one pact do to him being a primordial?

old hand
old hand

Would that make Demogorgon a possibility for a great old one pact do to him being a primordial?

Well his current state is a fiend, so maybe, but the fiend fits much, much better, the only fiend I think that would fit better as an Grear Old One is Dagon IMHO.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

Well his current state is a fiend, so maybe, but the fiend fits much, much better, the only fiend I think that would fit better as an Grear Old One is Dagon IMHO.

Cool I was just thinking out loud about Demogorgon being a elder evil he does have the madness thing going with him also you can go mad if you look into Demogorgon eyes but I do agree that Demogorgon is better off as a fiend

veteran
veteran
I am not an expert for DnD lore.

Are the great old ones the same as the Qlippoth, creatures that lived in the abbys before the demons ruled it?
This is a link from pathfinder rules, but the stuff about monsters seems to be the same as DnD, only the gods are different.

I fought Demogorgon in BG2. It was a demon lord, and when it is a demon it cannot be a great old one, I guess.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Madscientist

Are the great old ones the same as the Qlippoth, creatures that lived in the abbys before the demons ruled it?
This is a link from pathfinder rules, but the stuff about monsters seems to be the same as DnD, only the gods are different.

I fought Demogorgon in BG2. It was a demon lord, and when it is a demon it cannot be a great old one, I guess.

Well in 4th edition it is said that Demogorgon is a primordial but do to the abyss he turned into a demon so he is both a demon and a primordial

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Madscientist

5e really hasn't used the term Qlippoth that I can recall, although at least one type is in the game.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard