Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
(I apologize if I should not have made this. If it gets locked or deleted, I will understand)

But I do want to thank everyone for these forums, and being here. As was mentioned in another thread; I'm homeless. Short story: My sister was my roommate, she stopped paying her part of the rent, & we got evicted. I was head of household so, legally, it's my fault. And I can't get another apartment until it's off my record. And, of course, dear sis has not paid me so much as 1 cent since we got evicted almost 7 months ago. Nor has she helped me pay the storage fees for our stuff.

I've missed my chance at one apartment since this happened, and it looks like I'm going to miss apartment #2 as well in the next few months, as they will not house me until this is off my rent history. After that, I'm looking at 3+ years for the next available apartment.

So I wanted to thank folks for having a nice place to talk D&D, and Baldur's Gate 3. Because I'm sitting here basically not doing much else during COVID-19 and having no place to go and no place to settle.

So thank you for having a place where I can relax for a bit.

And again; I'm sorry if I should not have posted this, but I felt I had to say thank you.

addict
addict
I can't speak from personal experience on what you're going through, and you've probably heard it a number of times already, but hang in there. Opportunities can come from anywhere at any time.

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Emrikol
I can't speak from personal experience on what you're going through, and you've probably heard it a number of times already, but hang in there. Opportunities can come from anywhere at any time.

Kind words always help, so thank you smile I'll power over this, but it just looks like it may take years at this point. I have time before my name comes up, but not much.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Eguzky
(I apologize if I should not have made this. If it gets locked or deleted, I will understand)

But I do want to thank everyone for these forums, and being here. As was mentioned in another thread; I'm homeless. Short story: My sister was my roommate, she stopped paying her part of the rent, & we got evicted. I was head of household so, legally, it's my fault. And I can't get another apartment until it's off my record. And, of course, dear sis has not paid me so much as 1 cent since we got evicted almost 7 months ago. Nor has she helped me pay the storage fees for our stuff.

I've missed my chance at one apartment since this happened, and it looks like I'm going to miss apartment #2 as well in the next few months, as they will not house me until this is off my rent history. After that, I'm looking at 3+ years for the next available apartment.

So I wanted to thank folks for having a nice place to talk D&D, and Baldur's Gate 3. Because I'm sitting here basically not doing much else during COVID-19 and having no place to go and no place to settle.

And again; I'm sorry if I should not have posted this, but I felt I had to say thank you.

Housing is an extremely broken system, if the system actively blocks you from getting housing, that is horribly broken and disguisting.

Hopefully society gets better and more humane and intelligent.

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Housing is an extremely broken system, if the system actively blocks you from getting housing, that is horribly broken and disguisting.

Hopefully society gets better and more humane and intelligent.

I want to agree but housing will look at the fact that 'I' owe rent and say 'We do not want to house this person; they are a risk.' And given how hard it can be to evict people who want to make the process long and difficult, it's safer for them to just pass me over.
All I am to them, after all, is a name on a piece of paper.

I'm doing what I can to try and fix this, but given my disabilities, it is not much.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

[...]

There's no problem with it, especially with general chat languishing down at the bottom of the forum list where nobody ever sees it. I'm looking to move it up to the top but need someone to give the green light first, so in the meantime the occasional off-topic topic is fine.

J'aime le fromage.
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia

[...]

There's no problem with it, especially with general chat languishing down at the bottom of the forum list where nobody ever sees it. I'm looking to move it up to the top but need someone to give the green light first, so in the meantime the occasional off-topic topic is fine.

Thank you. smile I was worried for awhile. smile

S
veteran
veteran
S
That sucks. Hope you find an arrangement

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Sordak
That sucks. Hope you find an arrangement

Yeah. What Sordak said.

I hope more positive times come out of this; I remain optimistic. And if the forums provide a degree of grounding and moral support, it's far from a problem but quite humbling to know.

J'aime le fromage.
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thank you again, everyone. smile
A friend talked me into opening a crowdfunding campaign, on the logic that I can't say I've tried everything if I don't try everything.
I rather expected it to sit quietly, given the world situation, but it got a donation within hours!

That's one more than if I had not tried, and makes me feel more hopeful! smile

journeyman
journeyman
Man, I wish you the best. You will achieve your goal smile

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Rafoca
Man, I wish you the best. You will achieve your goal smile

Thank you smile It's been slow going after that first donation, but I keep telling myself that I have time. smile

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, too!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia

[...]

Cool I do think it would be a good idea to do that with the whole Coronavirus thing that is going off in the world

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I'm going to give an update every 2 days, if people are okay with that. I don't want to spam, but I want to let people know how I am doing.

So far, there has only been the 1 donation, so I'm nervous again. The stimulus check will help; I'll have to see how much I get, if the bill goes through to send them to people. I've already been in an argument with my sister over her paying me as well, so it looks like I'm still on my own, whereas both of us could have covered it without problem, possibly.

Ah well. There's still time. I was #43 on this apartment list (I can't give a name because the town name is in it) as of the start of last month & this month, and I doubt that will change next month, due to the viral outbreak. So I have roughly all of April to pay this off.

Thank you for all your well wishes! smile

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
As I said I would update today, I am. I will switch to once every Sunday, so as not to spam.

Interest has waned. The only donations were flagged at potentially scams, so it's still sitting on 1 donation. It's frustrating and heartbreaking. I want to be that come from behind story you hear about but my life has never been such, or I would not be where I am.

I'm going to keep trying but I've run out of people to share the link with, and those that knew have done the same. I'll come back if things change, or just update next Sunday if they stay the same, to avoid shoving this in people's faces.

Thank you all again for your well wishes. smile

apprentice
apprentice
You should try and hit up your local Salvation Army, or the one in the nearest big City. I work for them and we are doing allot of different things to help out people
In your situation. Stay safe and stay strong bro.

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ser Varnell
You should try and hit up your local Salvation Army, or the one in the nearest big City. I work for them and we are doing allot of different things to help out people
In your situation. Stay safe and stay strong bro.

I have tried. This town and most surrounding towns have been flooded with homeless for years before the coronavirus outbreak.

When I got passed over for an apartment, RAFT, the program to help me, said 'If they had declined you a week sooner, we could help. Now, we are out of money until October'.
Because RAFT only helps IF rent is the reason you can't get a new apartment, and IF they have they money at the time you are declined.

If those stars do not align, you do not get help. IE: They will not help me, because I have now been declined for the apartment. They ONLY help if it happens the moment they have money.

The Salvation Army is very under-funded around here, from what I know. So are the churches. I would not have made a crowed-funding webpage if I could have done it any other way, because I have no right to ask this of people. But I can't just give up.

And thank you smile Stay safe as well, everyone!

Edit: I will try calling the Salvation Army again, but it was a dead end last time.

Last edited by Eguzky; 29/03/20 10:50 PM.
Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Just giving an update for those who were concerned.

It's nearly the end of April:
No one else has donated to the fundly, which is understandable. I'm an internet stranger and many, MANY people have lost their jobs or lost family members, or just have not been able to work. People don't have the money to be giving to a stranger. Most people don't have the money for themselves, which should be first and foremost.

There's also 4 more weekdays of April left, and I have not gotten my COVID stimulus check. The website says they can't find any details on my account, but I am disabled, so it should be getting directly deposited into my bank account, so I think I was flagged as not getting one, or just fell through the cracks. 'We can't find it' on the website can mean they can't find it, or that I was denied. Really informative, IRS.
Of course, this whole setup means there's no phone number I can call, or email address I can email, that I am aware of. If I was missed, then that's that.

So I'm feeling very low. It does not feel like there's an end to this, or that I will have an apartment soon. I'm still #48 on the nearby waitlist, and I check it on the first Friday of every month.
As I said before; if they pull my name, and I have not paid off the rent my sister stiffed me with, then the apartment complex will deny me. The next earliest waitlist I"m on at that point is still sitting at 3+ years.

So that's the update. I thank everyone for their well wishes, and I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy and as sane as possible in these trying times, and my heart goes out to anyone who may have sick family members, or lost anyone during all this.

old hand
old hand

No one else has donated to the fundly, which is understandable. I'm an internet stranger and many, MANY people have lost their jobs or lost family members, or just have not been able to work. People don't have the money to be giving to a stranger. Most people don't have the money for themselves, which should be first and foremost.

There's also 4 more weekdays of April left, and I have not gotten my COVID stimulus check. The website says they can't find any details on my account, but I am disabled, so it should be getting directly deposited into my bank account, so I think I was flagged as not getting one, or just fell through the cracks. 'We can't find it' on the website can mean they can't find it, or that I was denied. Really informative, IRS.
Of course, this whole setup means there's no phone number I can call, or email address I can email, that I am aware of. If I was missed, then that's that.

So I'm feeling very low. It does not feel like there's an end to this, or that I will have an apartment soon. I'm still #48 on the nearby waitlist, and I check it on the first Friday of every month.
As I said before; if they pull my name, and I have not paid off the rent my sister stiffed me with, then the apartment complex will deny me. The next earliest waitlist I"m on at that point is still sitting at 3+ years.

So that's the update. I thank everyone for their well wishes, and I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy and as sane as possible in these trying times, and my heart goes out to anyone who may have sick family members, or lost anyone during all this.

Where is you go fund me link? I want to see what I can do to help you, but I can't promise much.

Eguzky Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

Where is you go fund me link? I want to see what I can do to help you, but I can't promise much.

It's fundly. Which I'm kind of regretting; gofundme is more well known. I will PM you since I don't have permission to post it publically, and I'd rather not break any rules.
And thank you. Even if you cannot donate, just offering to look relieves me of a bit of stress. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard