Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Unfortunately i have the same problems.
It feels like a bottleneck CPU issue where the gpu is having no problem at all. In areas like Arx where a lot of NPCs are near the frame drops due to high use of GPU . I doubt that there will be any optimization soon on this area so i ll just have to suck it frown. My rig is 980ti and k5 2500.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Adding my take on this too.
Having laptop with GTX1060 and i7-7700HQ. In all areas with frame drops GPU is not utilized enough (running at around 30-50%), suggesting that CPU bottleneck appears.

Fires are necrofires are especially bad. Only option that looks to be helping is turning off shadows completely. Blackpits oil rig battle was especially bad.

Last edited by player1; 26/11/17 06:50 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
same stuff here, we need a patch asap ..

E
E
Game runs just fine for me.. With a 4790K and 2 1070s in SLI I'm getting 100FPS @ Ultra (that trick to enable SLI by setting force alternate frame rendering 2 actually works). And I'm gaming at 3440x1440. Just saying.. cause SLI in combo with this resolution should really tax the CPU. Maybe an AMD K5 is so old it doesn't have the necessary instruction set?

Edit: it seems most problems occur on laptops, those will severely throttle your CPU due to thermal limitations. AFAIK only Apple has managed to solve this in their latest Macbooks 2016 so the CPU always runs unthrottled. Maybe check the speed the CPU is actually running at when the frame dips occur?

Last edited by Evangeline; 26/11/17 03:28 PM.

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
R
stranger
stranger
R
I'm not sure if this is entirely related to the issues which everyone else in this thread are dealing with, but recently whenever I load a save, the game starts taking up a massive amount of physical memory on my computer (98%, give or take). It started maybe three days ago, and wasn't an issue at all before that point. I'm currently a few hours into exploring Reaper's Coast (specifically right outside of some witches cottage), after escaping Fort Joy. I've got 8Gig of RAM- I would think that from playing everything until now, my computer should be able to handle the game fine.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Well to me there still seems to be something not being right.
My issues come close to those of oxa1900. Made a thread.

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=79817&Number=638013#Post638013

I still find it weird that Arx for example drops insanely in FPS (in the city) or any behavior i described during combat. (Hitting and enemy sometimes stutters and sometimes not.) Other games run perfectly fine (I mentioned FFXIV for example during a giant raid with tons of people and enemies no drops at all).
There was mentioned in the thread i made what my memory usage could be. I will check that out. But 16GB should be enough for only an OS and a game running....

stranger
stranger
Same issues here guys. 3 years later.

Lenovo Y740
Geforce 2070 MaxQ
16 GB RAM
Windows 10
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard