Next Thread
Print Thread
#665593 03/04/20 11:25 AM
Ardept Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Come on Peeps,

3 billion people are on lock down, releasing early access now has to be the morally right thing to do, I have been playing BG 1& 2 again but this will not last forever. Early access will save lives, honestly.

Regards

L
addict
addict
L
I hope everyone gets well...and stays safe. I hope larian staff are well.

I personally would only have respect for Larian if they said...look the EA is only 90% done...and not at our standard for EA...but in the circumstances we'll release it early...and only judge it as pre-release.

Yes I know some ppl will still troll them for it not being "perfect" but most of us would show them kindness and support in these sad times.
Take care

Hello,

I agree with "Early Access will save lives", because more people will stay more at home in the days afterward.

That being said, and even it it requires some reflection from Larian and its partners beforehand, it would be great to have some news about Baldur's Gate 3, particularly now, during these times : I am sure it would be a real help for our mental health.

veteran
veteran
It doesn't seem like EA was to be released anytime soon. I doubt they could just pull out a complete build. Distruption caused by COVID-19 might lead to delay, rather then acceleration.

I for one finally started my 2nd attmept at D:OS2 playthrough.

Last edited by Wormerine; 03/04/20 12:41 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Wormerine
It doesn't seem like EA was to be released anytime soon. I doubt they could just pull out a complete build. Distruption caused by COVID-19 might lead to delay, rather then acceleration.

Belgian law states that Larian may only employ imps (Zixzax is actually based on their Director of Uncommon Cheeses). Imps are immune to the lurgy.

Probably.

J'aime le fromage.
Banned
Banned
#imprights #giveimpsweekends #impsneedmaskstoo

So since Imps are still gainfully employed does that mean access to early access soon I hope???

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia

Belgian law states that Larian may only employ imps (Zixzax is actually based on their Director of Uncommon Cheeses).

I see... so that's their secret. Let's have Swen take a whip out and get them to crunch the EA out, then.

One a side note, this forum could use a "reaction" feature. I long for a way to show an appreciation to a comment without having to come up with a sorry excuse of a post.

stranger
stranger
I will love to see the BG3 EA sooner. I have restarted playing DOS 1 and DOS 2. Completed Shadowrun HongKong , Tyranny and POE2 in last 25 days in lock down. And yes it is getting boring without new RPG.

I think not only COVID19 outbreak, but the raging debate about Turn based mode vs RTwP mode is also detrimental to game development. It's putting unnecessary pressure over Latian. I personally think the game is the brain child of Latian and they do understand Turn based better. So we should leave the matter over them to decide. Game development is an art, and the artist should have some say over his creation.

Lastly I hope everyone is safe at Larian.

Last edited by SohamK90; 11/04/20 08:49 PM. Reason: Typos
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SohamK90

I think not only COVID19 outbreak, but the raging debate about Turn based mode vs RTwP mode is also detrimental to game development. It's putting unnecessary pressure over Latian. I personally think the game is the brain child of Latian and they do understand Turn based better. So we should leave the matter over them to decide. Game development is an art, and the artist should have some say over his creation.

LaRian.

I doubt it's putting any pressure, and I am willing to make a bet that they knew such complaints were coming. If they paid any attention to recent revival of Infinity Engine games or had contact with its developers they surely knew there will be vocal group of BG fans who will resist any changes to the formula, especially a drastic one like changing combat system.

Of course, they make the game, and they design it, and they decide what to do. No amount of predictable complaints will change that.

Well, not to get into argument what is art and what is not, but games are an entertainment. Art (meaning fine art) doesn't usually do sequels for one. Entertainment's job is to please. Problem with fan feedback is, that we lack imagiation, and tend to ask for what we know we like, hoping we will like it just the same as we did the first time. A lot of worry with BG3 is while it sure aims to please, it might please D:OS fans more then BG fans. It's expected - Larian made D:OSs after all, not BG. But they are using IP, inviting criticism of that kind. That kind of criticism will most likely only escalate once the EA is out.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
I would be happy with a per-order option while my finances can afford the game. I can wait for the release...just want it in my Steam library.

veteran
veteran
It seems the COVID crisis slowed them, but they still expect the EA to be this year.

"First New York Times interview was not exactly about what I would've imagined, but it does bring some good news: While we're slowed down, development on BG3 keeps on progressing and we still expect EA this year"

https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1252568020649750530

"During the early days of self-quarantine at Larian Studios, the independent video game developer founded in Ghent, Belgium, morale remained high. Designers and engineers, many of whom worked remotely (the company has 300 employees across five countries), were able to continue to do so, building levels and writing code from their homes.

“The very first week, it went really well,” said Swen Vincke, the chief executive at Larian, which makes popular role-playing games like Divinity: Original Sin and the upcoming Baldur’s Gate 3. “Everyone had all the information they needed to just smoothly go work from home.”

But as the company entered the second and third weeks of social isolation amid the coronavirus pandemic, problems began to emerge. Parents have to work while caring for young children. Some employees have found themselves working limited or unusual hours, which has led to reduced productivity and communication struggles. And with Larian’s external partners closing or transitioning to remote work, everything has slowed down.

“We started seeing more stress on the leads in terms of communication,” Mr. Vincke said. “We’d spend all of our days just communicating — trying to solve problems, organize things, give direction.”

Full Interview

Last edited by _Vic_; 22/04/20 12:26 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard