I’ve been playing Divine Divinity for the first time for probably over 20 hours over the last few weeks with no issues. When I loaded the game today and went inside of a building, dungeon, cave, etc. the area is completely black except for some silhouette of myself and objects. If I go into an area that has a light source (such as a torch on the wall) it lights up the area with limited effect so I can see somewhat. As in the area of effect of the light source will light up some things, while others are still pitch black and remaining in a silhouette as if there was no light source there at all. I’ve been googling this for a little while and looking through old forum posts. It seems like some people have had the same issue over the years and there have been some things that they have tried that works for them, but all the suggestions they have that I’ve tried hasn’t fixed it on my end. I’m going to list everything I’ve tried so far and will add a couple of screen shots. If anyone knows of anything that can help, that would be greatly appreciated.
- Bought the game on GOG
- Running game version 1.0062A
- Manually checked GOG to see if there were any updates, there was not.
- Updated my drivers, did not fix it
- In the settings, I turned on AlphaBit, did not fix it
- In the settings, I turned on software mode instead of Direct3D, did not fix it
- Turned my computer off and on again, did not fix it
- I completely uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it, did not fix it
- loaded an old save where I know the lighting was working fine, the old saves were now having the same issues
- Someone suggested editing the config.div file and changing the memory limit 32 to 64, did not fix it
- Tried running it in compatibility mode of both Windows XP and 7, did not fix it
Here’s an image where there is no light sourcehttps://imgur.com/a/S0XuuIC
Here’s an image where there is a light sourcehttps://imgur.com/a/wHwuYlF