Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
First one is - if I complete a set of armor, does that give me stats bonus?

I am currently playing as mage but always wondered, do skills like whirlwind make damage based on strength or magic? Or based on weapons's normal damage? Also what is the difference between melee damage and normal damage?

Is there a way to disable the hud? (for screenshots and stuff)

Last edited by VeganCookie; 11/04/20 04:09 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Whirlwind should be strength since Whirlwind is undoubtedly a melee attack.

When you say normal damage, did you get that term from the damage-boosting weapon enchantment? I'm about 90% sure that is, indeed, a part of melee damage. Otherwise, it should blatantly say magic damage.

Support
Support

The more pieces of a set you have equipped, the higher the respective set bonuses (will be listed in the equipment tooltips).

In the Developer Mode (Developer's Cut release), hit F11, enable 'debug keys' and then H will hide the UI (Toggle Debug Keys commands).

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks for both answers.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Raze

In the Developer Mode (Developer's Cut release), hit F11, enable 'debug keys' and then H will hide the UI (Toggle Debug Keys commands).

I don't think I knew that. Or if I did know it, I'd forgotten!

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

The more pieces of a set you have equipped, the higher the respective set bonuses (will be listed in the equipment tooltips).

It there a way to bind it to another key? Because some of the F's don't work in game because they are meant to increase/decrease brightness and volume. And by the way I get the red text that explains the F11 thingy only when I run debug.exe.

Support
Support

There is no way to change the hotkeys, but your laptop should have a 'Fn' button (or similar) to toggle the standard F key actions rather than the laptop-specific functions (and it may have an option to set which is used by default, and which requires a Shift-like key to access).

It is normal that the warning and developer window is only available in the Developer Mode version of the game (Divinity2-debug.exe).

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard