Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#666826 26/04/20 10:22 PM
Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
What are your wish list addons for: full release (unlikely); DLC (already discounted, but who knows if enough people want it? I'd definitely pay for some of these); an expansion BG3:_____/ sequel BG4; or modded in?

My Top 5:

1. Death Domain from the DMG. Since this is from the basic rules set, they may put it in the full release.
2. Hexblade from XGtE. This is by far my favorite sub-class next to the Necromancer (or the concept of a Necromancer).
3. Gloomstalker from XGtE. Come on Larian, the Ranger class SUCKS! Except for maybe a 3 level dip. This sub-class makes it very playable.
4. Warmage from XGtE. I'm sensing a theme here, maybe just give us Xanathar's Guide to Everything in an expansion.
5. The Artificer base class and it's 3 2 sub-classes, from WGtE.

There's my top 5. How about yours? Hey a guy can dream, can't he? This is a fantasy game.

Last edited by Merlex; 27/04/20 10:33 AM.
Merlex #666831 27/04/20 02:36 AM
addict
addict
Gloom Stalker please!

Merlex #666843 27/04/20 10:31 AM
Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
5 more:

6. Toll the Dead cantrip from XGtE.
7. Green-Flame Blade from SCA.
8. Divine Soul Sorcerer from XGtE.
9. Shadow Magic Sorcerer from XGtE.
10. Booming Blade from SCA.

Merlex #666848 27/04/20 12:14 PM
addict
addict
1 - No class butchering (like nwn2 did to warlocks, they transformed the one of the strongest class into one of the weakest)
2 - cool necromancy
3 - Lurker of the deep warlock
4 - Any rule alteration optional

Merlex #666849 27/04/20 12:59 PM
veteran
veteran
1. Ritual casting
2. Ritual casting
3. Ritual casting
4. Ritual casting
5. ritual caster feat

Merlex #666850 27/04/20 01:06 PM
addict
addict
All feats from expansions. There are not that many outside of PHB anyways, very easy to code into the game.

Why not? With the Githyanki they've already added stuff that is not in the PHB.

_Vic_ #666852 27/04/20 05:02 PM
Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by _Vic_
1. Ritual casting
2. Ritual casting
3. Ritual casting
4. Ritual casting
5. ritual caster feat

aargh Is it possible Ritual Casting won't be in there? Ritual Casting is a feature, that sets Wizards apart from other casters. Find Familiar and Tenser's Floating Disk are must have rituals, for most of my Wizard builds. And I don't want to use spell slots for them.

Last edited by Merlex; 27/04/20 05:18 PM.
Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SorcererVictor
1 - No class butchering (like nwn2 did to warlocks, they transformed the one of the strongest class into one of the weakest)
2 - cool necromancy

They said they pretty much sticking to the rules, where possible. So I'm trusting that they won't butcher the classes. That said, it's not looking good for the Variant Human. A real shame, it's not really overpowered, when you add in all the extras demi-humans get.

I wouldn't count on Larian using anything from Unearthed Arcana. From everything I've heard, WotC has abandoned that in it's current form. What with Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron replacing it. If the game becomes moddable, somebody will put it in.

Last edited by Merlex; 28/04/20 04:27 AM. Reason: had sentences out of order
Danielbda #666855 27/04/20 05:21 PM
Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Danielbda
All feats from expansions. There are not that many outside of PHB anyways, very easy to code into the game.

Why not? With the Githyanki they've already added stuff that is not in the PHB.

And the Half-Drow from SCA. 11. Elven Accuracy- is a must have.

Last edited by Merlex; 27/04/20 05:24 PM.
Merlex #666864 27/04/20 07:48 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Merlex
2 - cool necromancy

They said they pretty much sticking to the rules, where possible. So I'm trusting that they won't butcher the classes. That said, it's not looking good for the Variant Human. A real shame, it's not really overpowered, when you add in all the extras demi-humans get.

I wouldn't count on Larian using anything from Unearthed Arcana. From everything I've heard, WotC has abandoned that in it's current form. If the game becomes moddable, somebody will put it in. What with Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron replacing it.

Larian never had a game good for necromancies and considering that they din't answered anyone that i saw on AMA asking if they will limit you to only one summon, and considering questions about short rests, i fear that they will ruin the warlock class too.

Don't forget that for vincke, spell slots, something used in a lot of games, including FF1 and Dark Souls, is something not intuitive and missing obvious not work...

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 27/04/20 07:49 PM.
Merlex #666876 28/04/20 01:53 AM
veteran
veteran
1. Ritual casting
2. Ritual casting
3. Ritual casting
4. Ritual casting
5. ritual caster feat

aargh Is it possible Ritual Casting won't be in there? Ritual Casting is a feature, that sets Wizards apart from other casters. Find Familiar and Tenser's Floating Disk are must have rituals, for most of my Wizard builds. And I don't want to use spell slots for them.

Right now, there is no ritual casting in Bg3 and it won´t be in the EA at least.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/fhk1u3/im_swen_vincke_creative_director_at_larian/fkc5vi6/

Last edited by _Vic_; 28/04/20 03:13 AM.
_Vic_ #666883 28/04/20 04:24 AM
Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
1. Ritual casting
2. Ritual casting
3. Ritual casting
4. Ritual casting
5. ritual caster feat

Right now, there is no ritual casting in Bg3 and it won´t be in the EA at least.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/fhk1u3/im_swen_vincke_creative_director_at_larian/fkc5vi6/

Ritual casting not for EA, but we have plans.

claphands I can definitely live with that.

Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
2 - cool necromancy

I wouldn't count on Larian using anything from Unearthed Arcana. From everything I've heard, WotC has abandoned that in it's current form. If the game becomes moddable, somebody will put it in. What with Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron replacing it.

Larian never had a game good for necromancies and considering that they din't answered anyone that i saw on AMA asking if they will limit you to only one summon, and considering questions about short rests, i fear that they will ruin the warlock class too.

Don't forget that for vincke, spell slots, something used in a lot of games, including FF1 and Dark Souls, is something not intuitive and missing obvious not work...

With Necromancers and Warlocks being my 2 favorite classes, I understand your concerns. But I'm going to give Larian the benefit of doubt, and wait and see. As for short rests, they did say somewhere, that between combats would be short rests. If they screw up short rests, it would wreck not only Warlocks but Sorcerers as well. I'm more concerned with reactions, as in the Shield Spell. How's that going to work?

Last edited by Merlex; 28/04/20 04:37 AM.
Merlex #666895 28/04/20 08:39 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Just read the Reddit AMA they covered reactions, I dont recall the specifics but they are def in.

Ser Varnell #666897 28/04/20 10:04 AM
Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ser Varnell
Just read the Reddit AMA they covered reactions, I dont recall the specifics but they are def in.

How are you planning to compensate for removing most reactions and short rests?

Reactions are not removed, they are available as actions, passives, or toggles. Short rest is not removed completely, you can still use the Hit Dice heal from the end of the short rest.

Merlex #666898 28/04/20 10:57 AM
S
veteran
veteran
S
short rests work like they do in almost any game ive ever played: short rest is when youre not in combat.
And thats probably what they were designed to do anyway

Sordak #666901 28/04/20 02:14 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sordak
short rests work like they do in almost any game ive ever played: short rest is when youre not in combat.
And thats probably what they were designed to do anyway

On rules, you need to spend a hour to count as a short rest.

You who always complains about arcane casters being OP should know that warlocks gaining his spells on a short rest means that they would be extremely broken if all of his spells are per encounter. Imagine warlocks having Hold Monster per encounter while wizards needs a long rest to re cast Hold Monster... Great old Ones warlocks able to cast Evard's Black Tentacles every battle.

Merlex #666902 28/04/20 02:17 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Larian_NickP
For the short rest, we consider the peace time between combat encounters as taking a short rest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comme...q1?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Merlex #666904 28/04/20 04:25 PM
veteran
veteran
Larian's other games used a different rule system, which would make unlimited summons unbalanced. You cannot use those different-rule-using games as evidence that necromancy is going to be bad in this game because they use different rule systems.

With Necromancers and Warlocks being my 2 favorite classes, I understand your concerns. But I'm going to give Larian the benefit of doubt, and wait and see. As for short rests, they did say somewhere, that between combats would be short rests. If they screw up short rests, it would wreck not only Warlocks but Sorcerers as well. I'm more concerned with reactions, as in the Shield Spell. How's that going to work?

Reactions are likely going to be something you set on your turn, probably a menu where you can select what reaction you'd like to hold, such as "Shield" or "Featherfall" or "Counterspell". On your turn, if the condition is met, the reaction happens automatically.

Stabbey #666909 28/04/20 07:01 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Larian's other games used a different rule system, which would make unlimited summons unbalanced. You cannot use those different-rule-using games as evidence that necromancy is going to be bad in this game because they use different rule systems.

Is not only because dos2 necromancer is a awful necromancer. And single summon is only one of the aspects that makes necro on dos2 a chore. The single summon + cooldowns + 13m range + armor system + itemization... Idon't feel myself immersed while i (tried) to play dos2.

The reasons that i an concerned is >

1 - Necromancers and warlocks are the most nerfed "stuff" on D&D adaptations since the NWN1(2002). Pale masters get no +caster level, is limited to only one summon, necromancer specialized wizard lose Stop Time due opposite school. And warlocks on nwn2, is extremely nerfed. The game threats a necro as a half caster to bypass SR, chilling tentacles has a fix + 5 AB meaning that anyone with a decent armor is near immune to the tentacles(on P&P it uses your caster level + 8 as attack bonus). Dark Invocations like World of Changing that can permanently transform enemies into a 1 HD chicken/toad, on nwn2 only transform yourself into a useless demon. His EB at lv 20 will deal on average 31.5 damage. A warrior with lv 10 can dish far more damage with 2 attacks per round on average.

2 - Larian din't answered if they will limit to only one summon on AMA and i was not the unique guy who asked it.

If they have answered something like "multiple summons is the unique good thing from 5e, since 5e no longer has OHK spells. We can't take it away from necromancer fans" nobody would be fearing a necro butchering.

-------------------------

Anyway, i an not not that fearful about warlock. A lot of DMs din't allowed 3.5e warlocks and now, seems that DM's are encouraging to play as a Warlock over a Wizard.

A meme comparing two warlocks

[Linked Image]

The reason that i wanna Lurker warlock that much is because the point of being a warlock is to throw tentacles on succubus. There are no other reason to be a warlock (just kidding)

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 28/04/20 07:04 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard