Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
stranger
stranger
Thank you for the response! I got it working with the Catalina beta version. Seems to work for windowed or fullscreen, and with the default graphics settings (didn't lower them).

stranger
stranger
Hi,

I'm having the dark graphics issue on an up-to-date version of Catalina (on a late 2013 iMac with integrated Intel graphics - old machine, but working like a breeze for everything else...)

I had the adark graphics issue, but I read your post too late... I already had applied general video settings...
When I remove again HDR from the options, image is all dark (like posterized), when I activate it again it just totally contrasted and weird (see the 2 images below) and I can't change the HDR settings anymore... Well, I CAN, but the brightness is maxed and contrats is min, so I can't make it better. I suppose it's the known bug you were talking about ?
Problem is that i can't revert it to try what you explain... I tried to uninstall the whole game (even manually removing the pref files) and reinstall it from scratch, but the new installation had kept the HDR settings... it seems those HDR settings are stored elsewhere...

I tried everything I could think of, but I must confess I'm stuck...

Thanks for your help !

Here are 2 screenshots :
https://i.ibb.co/2cwc3pP/Capture-d-cran-2020-05-10-01-08-54.png
https://i.ibb.co/BccPNzZ/Capture-d-cran-2020-05-10-01-11-02.png

Originally Posted by Raze

Please update or upgrade to Mojave (or Catalina, if possible). The red tint and graphical artifacts are a known driver issue with some Intel graphics (Iris based, or integrated graphics earlier than Haswell), which should be fixed with the OSX 10.14.4 update or later.

The screen being very dark is a known issue if HDR is enabled on a system that does not support it. Hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu where you can disable HDR again.

If both your GPU and display have HDR support, this may also be an issue with the settings. To calibration HDR:
- Ensure you have Automatic Brightness Adjustments enabled (System Preferences/Display)
- Go to Options->HDR settings
- Start with Max Brightness and Min Contrast
- Press ‘Apply’
- DON’T apply general video settings. Just click close button and Discard the settings; there is a known bug with this
- next, adjust the HDR Brightness/Contrast settings to your preference (note that there is a known issue with this that can result in the changes not being applied, which should be fixed in a future game update)

Support
Support

If you disable HDR, does the gamma adjustment help in the graphics options?

Try browsing to the ~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition folder and delete or rename the graphicSettings.lsx file, to get the game to recreate it the next time it is started (unless that was already included in the files you tried manually removing).
For the App Store version, the path is: /Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition

stranger
stranger
Thanks for your help, Raze, here is the situation :
Without HDR, the image is totally posterized and dark.
Please find a screenshot below.
[Linked Image]

And with HDR, I'm still having the same issue, even with deleting the graphicssettings file you gave me the path (thanks !)
When I enter the game, I've got the same issue as before :
[Linked Image]

When I go the HDR settings, that's a bit weird : the image gets way more dark, the settings are already Max bright/Min contrast , and when I cancel or accept, the image goes back to "normal" (like in previous screenshot). Here is a screen of the HDR settings :
[Linked Image]

Honestly, I'm close to giving up... already alot of time spent on this and still not working. That's a shame, I really wanted to play along with my kid frown

Support
Support

You may want to try the latest Catalina 10.15.5 beta version. It contains some Intel driver updates.
Apple has a signup process to be able to get access to the betas. I'm not sure if there is an estimate for the public release.

What are your full system specs? You can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item, or the 'System Information' app in the utilities folder.
With that, I'll check with the Mac programmers.

stranger
stranger
Hello my fellow mac people!

Hello! I’m experiencing a massive trouble with performance playing Divinity - Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition on my new MacBook Pro 2019 16 i7 2.6/16/512 SSD SG MVVJ2RU/A.
although i think it’s configuration should be well for the game. And at the beginning it was perfect - the game set ULTRA quality as the default. But, right after leaving Fort Joy i can’t spend more than 1 minute in game - than it’s starts showing extremely slow performance and fps, even if i set everything to VERY LOW. Is there any solution for this problem? Or this Macbook 2019 is not too strong for Divinity OS ?
Macbook specs:

Intel Core i7 9750H 2.6 Hgz, 16Гб, 512GB SSD, Radeon Pro 5300M - 4096mb
Catalina 10.15.4

Please, help!

Support
Support

Your GPU exceeds the recommended specs (benchmarks almost 40% faster), so that shouldn't be the problem.

Do you mean you just left the island of Fort Joy, so you are on the Lady Vengeance or Reaper's Coast?

If you load an old save, or create a new profile and start a new game, is the performance back to normal?

Try switching to windowed or fake fullscreen display mode, and/or lower the game resolution, to see if that makes a difference.

In the graphics options, if you have double buffering enabled, disable that, and if that helps try triple buffering.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

Try updating to the latest Catalina 10.15.5 beta version. Apple has a signup process to be able to get access to the betas. I'm not sure if there is an estimate for the public release.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with the sampler output from the Activity Monitor (or reply/PM/email a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc):
1. verify local files (if you have not already done so; see below)
2. launch Activity Monitor
3. start the game and get into whatever the worst state is for performance
4. Alt-Tab back to Desktop and check Activity Monitor. What do you see? How much CPU does the game consume?
5. double click on the game process and press the 'Sample' button. Wait until Sampler is finished
6. save sample output using 'Save' button

To verify local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Files...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'. In Galaxy 2.0, select the game, then the settings icon at the top right (beside the Play button) and under Manage Installation select 'Verify / Repair'.
With the App Store release, or GOG without the Galaxy client:

Terminal
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support\ ... up to the Divinity Original Sin 2.app folder
codesign -vvv Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin\ 2.app

For the first command, it may be easier to browse to the install folder in Finder, then drag and drop the location into an open Terminal window (though for the App Store version the default install path is just in /Applications ).
The second command takes a while, and will output some lines starting with '--prepared' or '--validated'. If everything is fine, it will end with:

Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: valid on disk
Divinity - Original Sin 2.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

stranger
stranger
Bought the game to play with 3 friends, I am the only mac os user player. I can't join their game and they can't join mine. I tried single player, worked fine. Tried to connect in many ways, they creating the lobby and i creating the lobby, direct to the char creation: no sucess. When I start a multiplayer and create a game alone, it works allright. I tried some random games in the multiplayer list, i was able to join once a game, but the unknown host got out a few minutes later, dont know if related to the fact i joined the game.

The graphics and processin seems to works fine, a few bugs here and there, but nothing that make it unplayable. I just cant connect to other players, notably windows players, but never tried with another mac player.

I'm in a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014) Intel Iris 1536 MB dualcore i5 - I know it is not the perfect, but since the game itself is workin, i wonder about the connectivivy probleam.

Support
Support

Are you getting an error message?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and anything network related (utility or monitoring programs, etc)?
Have you checked your firewall settings?

Have you tried hosting/joining an Arena match?

Try going into Arena mode, create an arena, open the Connectivity menu and check the settings, then exit to the main menu and try joining in the lobby. Alternately, create a multiplayer game lobby, exit and try joining.

If you are using any mods, try testing in a new profile without any mods enabled.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Files...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'. In Galaxy 2.0, select the game, then the settings icon at the top right (beside the Play button) and under Manage Installation select 'Verify / Repair'.

For joining in the lobby, does it make a difference if the host increases the online visibility from friends-only to public?
There is also Direct Connection, with a Server ID (which the host can get in the Connectivity Menu after starting a new game or loading a save) or IP address. In the latter case, it can help if the host sets up port forwarding in their router to connect to the PC (ports 23253-23262 and 23243-23252), and then the clients should be able to connect to the external IP address.
LAN may be an option, but since you are not on the same local network, it would require VPN software, such as Hamachi.
If you use Discord, those invites may also be an option.

stranger
stranger
Hello Mac-Users!

Everything has been going very well for me so far, but I have discovered a bit of an issue with Character Portraits when I used the Magic Mirror with an Origin character, despite not changing anything about the appearance. I searched online and found that the issue I experienced seems to have happened to different people, but I am unsure of whether there is an existing solution (sorry for bringing it up in that case).

Here's an example of what I mean:

Before using the Magic Mirror (Lohse): https://i.ibb.co/bBG8FkK/20200519194228-1.jpg

After using the Magic Mirror (Lohse): https://i.ibb.co/88fH67r/20200519194124-1.jpg

As can be seen, Lohse's image is altered and there appears to be a gray shade near the bottom of the portrait.

Here's the details of my Mac:

MacBook Pro Retina 15'' (late 2013)

OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6

Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I've taken Ifan and The Red Prince through the Magic Mirror as well in the past, so their portraits have also been slightly altered even though I changed no part of their appearances. It would be great to know if there is a solution to fix this sort of issue with these portraits.
Thanks!

Support
Support

Portraits are always regenerated when using the respec mirror (if you confirm rather than cancel). Try increasing the game resolution and graphics settings as much as possible (performance isn't really an issue, as long as the game will respond to input), use the respec mirror again and see if that helps with the quality of the portrait, then restore the original settings.
The level for character creation is different than the respec mirror, so I think the lighting would be slightly different, as well.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

Portraits are always regenerated when using the respec mirror (if you confirm rather than cancel). Try increasing the game resolution and graphics settings as much as possible (performance isn't really an issue, as long as the game will respond to input), use the respec mirror again and see if that helps with the quality of the portrait, then restore the original settings.
The level for character creation is different than the respec mirror, so I think the lighting would be slightly different, as well.

Ah, so there is currently no way to maintain the special Origin portraits while only changing attributes and other characteristics?
Also, the change does happen even after hitting Cancel without changing anything.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid the portrait regeneration, or reset the portraits.
I just double checked in a new game, and don't see a change in the portrait when clicking on cancel; maybe it's too subtle at the resolution and graphics settings I'm using, but clicking accept does change the portrait, with slight differences in Lohse's hair, and the neck and shoulder area reflecting the starting equipment rather than that shown in character creation.

stranger
stranger
Hello,

I purchased the game 3 days ago on the App Store and I have the exact same problem : any save from the ship works at any time, but any save after the point you reach Fort Joy only works during the session it was created in.
Once the game has been loaded, any save from Fort Joy causes a crash.
I also discovered that if I try to save Swan on the ship before the cut scene, the game crashes when loading Fort Joy whereas if I let her to her fate and try to escape with the boat, the Fort Joy zone will correctly loads (yes it’s weird).

I have a brand new MacBook Pro and I installed the beta version of Catalina (10.15.5 ). I did try also a lot of things you suggested in this thread (clear the cash, window mode, etc...) but so far nothing worked.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help.

Support
Support

Try disabling shadows in the graphics options. This is a known issue (except for trying to save Swan), predominantly on MacBook Air systems, which should be fixed in the next update, currently being finalised for testing.
A handful of people have reported this issue recently (the same crash has also been triggered in a couple of cases with a late game act transition, or when trying to join a multiplayer game or create a lobby). Incidentally, the first to report a crash when loading saves reported that if they started a new game and skipped through the ship section to get to Fort Joy, they could save and load any Fort Joy saves, including those from previous sessions, until they quit the game again. Another said that after loading, shadows could be enabled again (though that wouldn't be practical if you frequently reload to try different dialogue options or quest solutions, etc).

stranger
stranger
I am having some problems with a new macbook pro 2020 model (Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB).

Have moved my savegame from a macbook pro 2018 where everything worked great, now I a combination of way too dark monitor (gamma error which carries on over to finder level when I quit the game) AND the game crashes after choosing CONTINUE to finish on my savegame. Have tried making a new user on the mac, which corrects the gamma error, but still crashes the game when opening my savegame.

Have tried lots of different things to make the gamegraphics not screw up the gamma settings, but to no avail. (turning on and off HDR settings.. changing graphics etc). Tried to rename graphics settings file.. etcetc.

The savegame works great on my old macbook and to create a new game works.

Really happy if I get some help.

(this is the App Store version of the game)

Support
Support

Try disabling shadows in the graphics options. The issue reloading saves may be the same problem as the last post above. In that case, this should be fixed in the next game update (currently being finalised for testing).

In your current user account, if you create a new profile in-game, are the graphics still too dark?

If necessary, hold Cmd on startup to open the configuration menu to disable iCloud saves.
Next, try browsing to the '/Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' folder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different OSX user account would effectively do the same thing. With cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.

After that, try starting the game again and see if that fixes the problem with the gamma setting. If so, create a new profile when prompted and exit, then move the saves over from the renamed folder to the new profile's '/Savegames/Story' folder.

If the gamma is still stuck, delete the new D:OS 2 DE folder and extract the replacement folder from this download into your '/Documents/Larian Studios' folder.
The graphicSettings.lsx file is set to 1280x720 Windowed mode, Very Low quality preset and low audio quality, which you can change in the options (manually, or hit autodetect) if this lets you change the gamma.
If that helps, create a new profile, exit and copy your saves from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's ../Savegames/Story folder.

If that doesn't help, either, delete the replacement Documents D:OS 2 DE folder and rename the original back again.

stranger
stranger
Replacing the folder with the link you supported fixed the graphics issue. Thanks alot Raze! The game starts fine without my savegame but crashes with my old savegame. Hope this will be fixed in the next version.

A easy question. Could I tick the icloud option and play on my old mac, and then continue on my new mac as long as that computer also have the icloud option active?

Thanks for all the help.

Support
Support

Yes, you should be able to sync saves from the old Mac to the new one (and back) by enabling cloud support on each. Copying the save folders over via the local network or a USB flash drive, etc, should also work (most usefully for a one time migration, rather than continuing to play on both systems).

If disabling shadows or lowering the graphics settings didn't help, that may not have been the issue with the saves.

Please email supportdos2@larian.com with a crash report, or reply/PM with a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc. These are collected in the 'Console' application, under 'User Reports'; alternately, the crash reports may be saved in the '~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports' or '~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter' folders.

Also include your latest save, and if older saves can be loaded, the most recent save that works and oldest that crashes. If you are using any non-Larian mods, include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '/Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
In Finder you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting compress.

stranger
stranger
Hello there, i have a problem, i've bought some days ago Divinity in Steam, and while gaming when a barrel with oil or pioson explodes my screen freezes, game procces continues, mouse works but screen has pic of explosion, i tried window mod and fullscreen but it did not help, can anybody adwice me, or i'll have to request a refund from steam ;(

Mac mini 2014
eGPU akitio with msi rx 580. Set perfecrly no problem in others apps, game runs nice, no framedrops or lugs, only this huge problem

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard