Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
https://mobile.twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1266427963278589953

Notice what looks like a bald Gith with wings? Could that be a Divine Soul Sorcerer?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm pumped now!

journeyman
journeyman
Uh...yeesh. Backgrounds and world look excellent...but yikes those spell effects are horrendous. That statue crumbling and falling made me cringe. Yeah, this is clearly very early stuff and will doubtlessly look better after more work and polish...but not at all something I'd consider even remotely show-off worthy for something like this.

This did not instill excitement in me. Quite the opposite, I'm more worried now than I was before.

addict
addict
Terrible physics, animations and spell effects. At this point don't know if they will be able to release a solid Early Access.

Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
Terrible physics, animations and spell effects. At this point don't know if they will be able to release a solid Early Access.

By definition early access isn't solid...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by deathidge
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3

By definition early access isn't solid...

Well I will not be playing the early access I will wait until it is fully release first than play Baldur's Gate 3 I really don't like the idea of playing a game that is still being worked on

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
enthusiast
enthusiast
I do have one question about the trailer are we getting the female goblin as a companion it does look that way to me maybe not in the demo but when the game is fully completed

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Originally Posted by TheInfinitySock
I do have one question about the trailer are we getting the female goblin as a companion it does look that way to me maybe not in the demo but when the game is fully completed

I think they could do better for origin companion, than a weird looking female goblin, I would rather have a badass orc barbarian or githzerai or some other monster as companion.
Of course extra playable races are always nice, whatever they are...
On the other hand this goblin got an awful lot attention, so it is possible.. smile

I think the female goblin is just an npc for the game, who is related to some bigger quest.

It would be nice to see, some important cool npcs as well, that appear in multiple stages of the game to make them more memorable.

Last edited by Minsc1122; 30/05/20 11:30 AM.
veteran
veteran
The horrible D:OS artstyle seems to not have been placeholders after all. So I was right. Everything continues to look exactly like a D:OS game and nothing like a Forgotten Realms game.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Everything continues to look exactly like a D:OS game and nothing like a Forgotten Realms game.

Surprise!

I hope everyone enjoys D:OS 3, because Baldur's Gate is dead and it isn't coming back.

S
veteran
veteran
S
*Larian artstyle

what are you gonna do about it?
its a fantasy game that looks like a fantasy game.
All the character designs look exactly like the Monster manual

veteran
veteran
The horrible D:OS artstyle seems to not have been placeholders after all. So I was right. Everything continues to look exactly like a D:OS game and nothing like a Forgotten Realms game.

Taking a look at the WoTC official material from D&D beyond and the monsters manual anyone can see that they made a pretty good depiction of the creatures

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I sometimes wonder if people do know how D&D5E´s creatures, uniforms and the city of Baldur´s gate actually look like before making comparisons...

Last edited by _Vic_; 31/05/20 11:06 AM.
Originally Posted by dlux
Everything continues to look exactly like a D:OS game and nothing like a Forgotten Realms game.

Surprise!

I hope everyone enjoys D:OS 3, because Baldur's Gate is dead and it isn't coming back.

Well everyone loved D:OS 2 so they should like what you are calling D:OS 3, even though it's BG3. Sorry it doesn't have the shitty graphics of a 20 year old game. Baldur's Gate is, in fact, NOT dead as it's currently being made by Larian studios who were given this game to make by WoTC, who own Baldur's Gate, so not really sure why you're saying it isn't coming back. The fact that you are on this forums proves that you actually know that it IS coming back. Just better than before and you don't like that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Minsc1122

I think they could do better for origin companion, than a weird looking female goblin, I would rather have a badass orc barbarian or githzerai or some other monster as companion.
Of course extra playable races are always nice, whatever they are...
On the other hand this goblin got an awful lot attention, so it is possible.. smile

I think the female goblin is just an npc for the game, who is related to some bigger quest.

It would be nice to see, some important cool npcs as well, that appear in multiple stages of the game to make them more memorable.

I agree with you on this female goblin has got a lot attention that's why I am thinking she might be a posable companion and I have just find out that she is apart of a group of hobgoblins and goblins who are devoted to Tiamat the red hand symbol on the walls prove that and one of the backgrounds in 5e is cultist here is the video on how I find out about this new bit of info

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by deathidge
Originally Posted by dlux

Surprise!

Well everyone loved D:OS 2 so they should like what you are calling D:OS 3, even though it's BG3. Sorry it doesn't have the shitty graphics of a 20 year old game. Baldur's Gate is, in fact, NOT dead as it's currently being made by Larian studios who were given this game to make by WoTC, who own Baldur's Gate, so not really sure why you're saying it isn't coming back. The fact that you are on this forums proves that you actually know that it IS coming back. Just better than before and you don't like that.

I do find it funny how some people was expecting BG3 to have the same graphics as a game that come out over 20 years ago it was never going to happen even BioWare would not use a 20 year old engine

veteran
veteran
I do find it funny how some people was expecting BG3 to have the same graphics as a game that come out over 20 years ago it was never going to happen even BioWare would not use a 20 year old engine

I don't think that's fair. D:OSs have this over-the-top, very-not-grounded in reality animation style that is, at least, partially brought to BG3. A good comparison could be Obsidian's Tyranny vs Pillars of Eternity. Pillars had movement and animation grounded in reality, while Tyranny was over-the-top.

I generally prefer my fantasy to be a bit more grounded - the more fantastical the setting is, the more believable it needs to be.

There's a benefits to Larian's approach - playing a game from top down view, it is useful to be able to identify each action - that's something that traditional cRPGs struggle with. The need for combat log, could be minimised, if one could gather useful information from the battlefield itself.

addict
addict
[quote=_Vic_]Taking a look at the WoTC official material from D&D beyond and the monsters manual anyone can see that they made a pretty good depiction of the creatures

[Spoiler]
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/infiniteisles/images/6/64/Tiefling.png[/img] [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/3/34/Mind_flayer.jpg[/img] [img]https://oldschoolroleplaying.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/devourer-one-1500x1200.jpg[/img] [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/3/3d/Monster_Manual_5e_-_Githyanki_-_p160.jpg[/img]
[/Spoiler]

I sometimes wonder if people do know how D&D5E´s creatures, uniforms and the city of Baldur´s gate actually look like before making comparisons...

[/quote]

The problem is the color pallette that makes very unrealistic, unlike BG2. The demons are very cartoonish in BG3

Last edited by IrenicusBG3; 30/05/20 07:56 PM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
should we post the screenshots again?
or just laugh at you right away?

and BG1 and 2 were grounded in 'reality animation'? i don't think so.

veteran
veteran
Nobody said anything about twenty year old graphics. If you don't understand language, don't post. I'm tired of your ridiculous straw-man false claims that we are looking for twenty year old graphics. Even the Larian devs themselves in several interviews have said they are aware the game should not look like a D:OS game.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard