Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Alix Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I have an 32'' Monitor with 3840x2160 resolution. (AMD Ryzen7, 32 GB RAM and AMD RAdeon RX 5700)
Try to play DivineDivinity but which resolution I should use. The 3840x2160 crashes. I try somethink like 1280x1024 it starts but very small... and with errors in grafix (black areas)
Is it possiblem to play that game somehow?

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
Support
Support

DD will crash at my monitor's native resolution of 2560x1600, but one notch lower is fine. That resolution is getting a little small for text size, anyway (and I lowered the resolution further because of that), so I didn't bother doing any troubleshooting.

Have you tried switching the game to Software rendering in the configuration program, rather than Direct3D?

Try rebooting your computer, if you haven't done so while troubleshooting. If I leave mine on long enough, eventually I'll get a problem with a dark screen and rainbow textures (just indoors/underground or at night), until I reboot (though it can also eventually go away on its own, as well).

Try the Windows 8 Performance "Patch" (works in Win 7 and 10, as well). That can help with some graphics issues.

Maybe try using the disk version of the configuration program, to set the game to run in Direct Draw mode. Rename or move the existing configtool.exe and NlsEng.dll files in the install folder, and extract the disk versions from this zip file.
Note that this will reset the game resolution to what the disk version supported, but you can manually change it back by editing the config.div file.

Graphical Issue, Indoor textures turning black?

Alix Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks for Info , I try this out... I use the steam Version, but can try the CD Version or the patches... Or I wait until Larian give us a new Version of this old game.. I think the can put in some more ideas in the last part of the game!
The old Divinity with the new DOS2 engine...

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
Support
Support

A remake was considered after D:OS EE was released, actually, and during the Kickstarter it was mentioned someone had done a rough recreation of Aleroth as a test of the game engine/editor.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard