Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beeber Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Is it?

I have a feeling that it will be eventually, because D:OS is now on PS4 and Dragon Age: Origins became available on the PS3.

But please tell me you yourself think it will be available on the PS5! I wanna stick to consoles! Computers are SOOO complicated!

I hope so...if for no other reason than it would be another revenue stream that otherwise would go untapped and maybe allow them to make BG4 or something similar.

addict
addict
You are losing a lot of amazing CRPG's if you don't play on computers... ToEE, VtMB, Originals of Infinity Engine(not enhanced edition), icewind dale 2(...) and modding in most of games. I recently soloed Icewind dale as a Pale Master thanks to modders. NWN2 i only enjoyed being a warlock there when i used warlock reworked and spell fixes mod.

PC's aren't complicated

journeyman
journeyman
They've announced Stadia and PC but Swen said he couldn't talk about any other consoles.

I'm guessing that means its going to be on PS5 and Xbox Series X and they're just not talking about it until those consoles are closer to release or are released.

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.
addict
addict
My guess is that he has NDA with Google hence the "he couldn't talk about any other consoles" and my guess is that it is a timed exclusive.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master
They've announced Stadia and PC but Swen said he couldn't talk about any other consoles.

I'm guessing that means its going to be on PS5 and Xbox Series X and they're just not talking about it until those consoles are closer to release or are released.

I think that this makes a lot of sense and with D:OS on PS4, the likelihood of BG3 eventually hitting the major consoles is pretty high.

addict
addict
[quote=Dragon_Master]They've announced Stadia and PC but Swen said he couldn't talk about any other consoles.

I'm guessing that means its going to be on PS5 and Xbox Series X and they're just not talking about it until those consoles are closer to release or are released. [/quote]

Absolutely - 350 employees x 3 odd years of wages & salaries - this game is definitely coming to next gen consoles & likely not to far from release date I reckon - Larian need sales so they can make a sequel to what will be an outstanding title.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tarorn
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master

Absolutely - 350 employees x 3 odd years of wages & salaries - this game is definitely coming to next gen consoles & likely not to far from release date I reckon - Larian need sales so they can make a sequel to what will be an outstanding title.

Google payed for a big chunk of the game to both get it on Stadia and for certain features to be achieved by certain dates, but Google has no say beyond that. Swen was a smart man. So consoles are coming later, but Larian is far from hurting for money right now. Next gen platforms will come later, and those profits are bonus money.

A
addict
addict
A
I don't see why not. Most games now designed for consoles. But I don't think it will be any time soon as larian is using the early access to polish and perfecting it's gameplay.

It will eventually be on consoles as previous DOS games were on consoles. It's a no brainer. No one hates money. But that comes with a cost of sacrificing gameplay and simplifying games for the general audience

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Archaven
I don't see why not. Most games now designed for consoles. But I don't think it will be any time soon as larian is using the early access to polish and perfecting it's gameplay.

Not tactical CRPG's. This genre like RTS always was far more popular on PCs.

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 18/06/20 09:05 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard