Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I breezed right through here on my first playthrough, not sure what's happening now. I am not able to get into room 11 (lab) and there's no ghost outside to talk to. The components person doesn't direct me to either the specimen room or tell me where the one component is (lab). The merchant tells me to speak with Dolehar about drugs but I believe he won't let me into the specimen room until I have something he wants (don't remember - it's all a bit fuzzy). I listened to the two ghosts in the dorm room and may have spoken with one. I have an idea of what I may have done wrong (providing it isn't a bug). Somewhere along the way I lost one of the translation books so I can't read the texts. Now, the ingredients are listed in the BD Guide but, is actually reading this the key? Anyway, I appear to be terminally stuck without help. I'll start another game as a mage so I'm not spinning my wheels while waiting. Thanks in advance for any insight.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Hello out there; anybody home?

NOTE: when I say, "read", what I mean is the text apears in English - is 100% English the trigger that allows the game to continue?

Last edited by caninelegion; 22/09/17 09:58 PM.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Well, I guess this playthrough is a bust. I've past the initiate level with my later character and had no problem getting the correct dialogue (and ghosts smile ). That is one weird and painful bug. I still think it has something to do with the missing translation book but since all three were read, it doesn't seem that losing one would matter but, I couldn't read the texts in the library and that appears to be the trigger.

Support
Support

You shouldn't need to have read all 3 Raanaar language books to be able to proceed, and you definitely don't need to keep them after reading.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
So it was a random bug. I ran into a bunch of them that stopped me cold. Ended up just moving on to Ego D because of them. Well, I finished once and the endings wouldn't have been much different anyway.

stranger
stranger
I have a different problem, but in the same area. I have completed the first summoning test and went to the second chamber. As I've checked I should be going to the library, but it appears to be locked again and the librarian is inside it, so I cannot talk to him. Have I missed anything or is this some kind of a bug? If the latter, can it be fixed?

Support
Support

It is normal that you need to speak to Antopar to get him to unlock the library each time yo wish to enter.
If he is inside the library, that is a bug, with a couple of workarounds: the procedure in the topic armory trick in act 1 can get your characters through the door to speak to him, or you can teleport him out into the hall (Teleporting anywhere (via hex editor)).

For the latter, if you are not comfortable hex editing, zip your latest save and email it to support@larian.com and I can take a look at it.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I have the same problem. Its locked and I have no idea what to do..
Is there anything I can do to open the library? Or is it a bug?

Support
Support

See my reply immediately above.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard